rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Today' game
SimonB (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:45
Anyone found a radio commentary? I can't get anything from BBC/Radio Bristol.

Re: Today' game
expectingrain (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 12:47
I havenít been able to find any coverage at all either

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:33
14 - 14 HT

youngone (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 13:49
but don't you just love staring at a twitter feed hitting refresh every 20 seconds?

expectingrain (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 14:32
We lose 20-17

youngone (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 14:36
Well that's majorly disappointing considering they get a man sent off with 4 minutes to go when it was 17-17. Surely that means we kicked for territory, gave them the ball back and let them gain enough ground to earn a kickable penalty to beat us...

very frustrating

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 14:41
Poor result, we need to be winning these games to build confidence.

youngone (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 14:49
will be very interesting to hear the views of those in attendance

Peter D (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:02
Sounds like a poor result. It's difficult to tell as Twitter the only way to follow it. I have to saying, much as I enjoy the club's Twitter feed between games the coverage of games is disappointing. It would be good to be given more commentary, particularly when it is the only live coverage available.

Peter D (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:07
Interesting to hear Conor McPhillips at half time saying we were trying to play too much rugby in our own half. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we've been doing in every game and it's never changed yet.

Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:12
Hmm....not good. Unless things change tactically and one or two new high class recruits arrive soon, I'm struggling to see how we'll not be playing Championship rugby next season.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:21
Sounds unacceptable again; lot of late subs bringing some of our "big" names on vs 14... and they lose it when at least a draw was on the cards. Starting to get the feeling something isn't right and it's not so much those who aren't our first choice.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:30
[youtu.be]

Anyone else getting tired of "things we can do better" and "work ons" when we are playing worse than we did at the start of the season?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 15:34
[youtu.be]

Add "learnings" to the above.

AGS (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 21:04
Quote:
Peter D
Sounds like a poor result. It's difficult to tell as Twitter the only way to follow it. I have to saying, much as I enjoy the club's Twitter feed between games the coverage of games is disappointing. It would be good to be given more commentary, particularly when it is the only live coverage available.

Will be interesting to see what tomorrow's Rugby Paper says. Last week was a glowing report written by Will Carpenter, with no mention by TRP that the writer is the club's own journalist.

mat1 (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 21:29
Anyone else tired of criticism from people who don't go to games. A draw would probably have been a fair result but they had a much more experienced side out .I didn't even recognise some of our team .6 points from the head to head is a good result.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 21:36
Quote:
mat1
Anyone else tired of criticism from people who don't go to games. A draw would probably have been a fair result but they had a much more experienced side out .I didn't even recognise some of our team .6 points from the head to head is a good result.

Agreed +1.

Every slight setback is met on here with intense criticism. We rightly blooded some promising young players, mixed with some who haven't featured as much.

We nearly won, lost to a late pen. Went to Italy and returned with a bonus point, second in the group. Move on.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
20 October, 2018 23:31
7 Italian internationals started today...

jpbrizzle (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 05:44
It was a fantastic game to watch. Both teams were aggressive, opting to kick for touch and not as the posts. Wasn't untill Canna's 62 minute did Zebre opt to kick. Cant remember ever seeing that before! The line speed from the Zebre backs was very impressive, the Italian 9 & 10 combo were fantastic. Bristol were competitive, but were beaten in almost every area by a very strong team. Randall had a great game, his box kicking was fantastic. Sheedy too, great vision for a cross field kick for the second try. O'Conor brilliant at 13. Wasn't impressed by Bedlow or Pincus. If you want to kick an area Bristol 'lost the game' on, it would have been the line-out. The ball was consistently overthrown, wrong man had jumped, or it wasn't straight. Better when NFW came on. When you can't use a lineout, and your scrum is struggling (changed when Yann and JF came on) it's going to be pretty hard to win. Great game though.

KPR (IP Logged)
21 October, 2018 07:10
Agree with jpbrizzle, very enjoyable game. In 1st half I thought we performed well as a defensive unit. Zebre had more ball and should have done more with it, and we deserved to be level at half time. 2nd half was very tight and we didnít get much ball, line out was a nightmare and it was because of this we struggled - albeit we scored from line out with rolling maul right on half time! The one thing that I donít think anyone has mentioned was the decision to run a penalty right in front of the posts from about 10 metres out. If the result was the target then this should have been a kick which would have put us level without about 20 minutes left. If these games are ďdevelopment/trainingĒ then so be it. The card against Zebre at the end felt harsh but in line with officiating this year. Referee, donít know who he was, was excellent - made all his decisions and no referral to TMO! Very friendly crowd, made it a brilliant weekend. Parma is a brilliant place!
I agree with other posters thought, think we do need some recruitment, not sure squad is deep enough and injuries seem to be stacking up.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net