rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Charles Piutau
inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 22:25
Great to see him out there tonight.

Immediately noticeable physical presence and one of those players with a rare X-factor that visibly draws resource from the opposition's D.

If we can keep a settled strong pack and get the ball to him, he will clearly do damage.

Re: Charles Piutau
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 23:13
If our pack continues in that form he won't be needed.

Really enjoyed us bullying theirs today, been a while since we saw scrums that aren't our own being dismantled like that. Beautiful.

pacific islander (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 23:26
Quote:
Rinkadink

Pack worked well when Lindsey went off IMO. Disagree That C.P won't be needed. Packs alone don't win matches regardless of what level you play. Always a combined effort

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 00:03
Quote:
pacific islander
Quote:
Rinkadink

Pack worked well when Lindsey went off IMO. Disagree That C.P won't be needed. Packs alone don't win matches regardless of what level you play. Always a combined effort

Did you really think I was being literal with tongue not firmly planted in cheek?

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 06:35
He does look good doesn’t he - he just injected some pace and power when he came on (that first carry!!) I think he’ll give us that little bit of go forward we sometimes have lacked. Just hope we don’t get into the habit of shovelling it on to him - he’ll be just as effective as a decoy.
Given the reported amount we’re paying him, I made an effort to track him on my BT sport recording - he appeared to be everywhere at times when we had the ball, popping up in support and then covering back. I think Flood was singing his praises about his expectation of people making a break and running support lines - so good to have someone genuinely world class and still in their prime!!

Jimeno (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 06:56
Quote:
Rinkadink
Really enjoyed us bullying theirs today, been a while since we saw scrums that aren't our own being dismantled like that. Beautiful.

A joy to watch wasn't it?

Not the Bristol we've known for the last few seasons at all - the pack in the ascendancy yet the backs looking distinctly lacklustre - in attack anyway - defence was sound enough.

youngone (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 07:55
i think that first carry gave us an insight of what to expect, we were lacking punch in the backline all night imo. In regards to him drawing the defences focus, if that frees up space for hurrell, leiua and morahan then great. It will be interesting to see what position he settles in to, providing he gets enough good ball he would equally dangerous at 13, 14 or 15 and maybe even 12 (although he seems wasted there to me, but this is our most lacking position in the backs to me)

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 09:19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net