rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
SUPPORTING BRISTOL BY ATTENDING MATCHES
buddybill (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 11:23
i will kick it off with 61 years, Johnny Blake was my first form aster at St Brendans in 1958. My pal beats me by about 6 years but there again he is ancient ha ha

Re: SUPPORTING BRISTOL BY ATTENDING MATCHES
Peter D (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 11:49
Since 1966. 53rd season for me.

Brisman (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 12:04
January 1993 for me, I had no interest in Rugby until I started senior school and started playing. My school had 10 free passes every season for Bristol games. It was a club match versus London Irish, canít remember the exact score but we won comfortably.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 12:10
This is my fifth season.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 12:49
Quote:
buddybill
i will kick it off with 61 years, Johnny Blake was my first form aster at St Brendans in 1958. My pal beats me by about 6 years but there again he is ancient ha ha

Porky Patten was mine. Same class as someone very close to Bath at the moment.

buddybill (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 12:59
Porky Patten i remember him well he certainly wasn't a rugby man. i wrote an article in the St Brendans Centenary Book called from Elvis to the Beatles covering my years at Berkley Square and Brislington.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 13:08

If you take the three generations that go when the family attends together it's 127 years of Bristol supporting.

harry2 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 13:26
September 1960 v Swansea

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 13:49
Mine was in 1994 when I was 15 I think, a 9-10 home loss to Bath unfortunately so 24 years. Things went at bit wrong a few years later so Iíve waited a long time for the glory years to return!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 14:05 by Since 1888.

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 14:11
Saracens in 1996. I wanted to see Kyran Bracken, but left an ardent Bris fan!

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 14:24
I reckon it was 1953 (Mark Hoskin's book helped here) when my father first took me along - so 65 years.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 14:35
Quote:
buddybill
Porky Patten i remember him well he certainly wasn't a rugby man. i wrote an article in the St Brendans Centenary Book called from Elvis to the Beatles covering my years at Berkley Square and Brislington.

Of course our rugby coach was the late, great Elwyn Price who also coached Bristol at the time.

airdog (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 15:10
I grew up living 100 yards away from The Memorial Ground with a brother who was 11 years older and a ballboy .One of my earliest memories was sitting on the bench with him around the time I started at Ashley Down juniors watching a team that would have included the likes of Blake,Cripps,Challis and a young Mike Ellery .I reckon that would have been 1954 .

Peter_B (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 16:57
1975 when we first moved to the area. I seem to recall a game v Saracens so I may have to check the Big Book to confirm.

By the way that advert seems to get in the way of writing as well as reading. I doubt if iíd Be buying their dresses anyway.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Rich. (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 17:38
You ought to Pete! I've bought 5 as a result of the adverts....
1972 v Weston Super Mare at their ground

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 18:36
First real memory of attending a Bristol game 1983 JP cup Twickenham Final against Leicester sadly not much since has truly beaten that experience

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 18:39
By that I mean watching Rugby not whole Life Experience!

Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 19:17
2003. Just moved from London to Bris and son joined WsM RFC. Had dark hair back then. Now very grey. All down to supporting Bris!

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 19:25
I had Bristol inflicted on me by my Dad/grandpa as a baby and earliest memories were playing on the grass bank in the 80ís at the end of what became the Centenary Terrace. I had a season ticket as a junior from about 88 and used to enter at the old Alton Rd Turnstiles. Remember being stood with Brian Moore, Will Carling and Peter Winterbottom there post 91 World Cup when we played Quins - have very fond memories of Bristol as a kid/teen with some of my best weekends including getting on television when Rugby Special came (who did t love Rugby Special!)

st. nick (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 19:59
I also went to St Brendanís in1961 had both Pete Colston and John Blake as form masters porky patten for English and Latin, Elwin for sports and Charlie Murphy (on the line Evening Post) was the groundsman, Iíve been supporting since then.6-3 on a wet Wednesday was a high scoring game then.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net