rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Bristol Rugby Heritage - test/beta
Bristol Ian (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 20:39
I made something. Seeing as people on here like rugby, like Bristol and are mostly miserable old sods (I jest...) - well, have a look at it and if so inclined, leave some feedback.

http://beta.bristol.rugbyheritage.org

A bit more detail - this is 20 or so years of Bristol league matches. The idea is to be able to search for player details from those matches - games played and positions played mostly. The data was siphoned from the BBC, Sky, ESPN and newspaper websites (and if copyright has been abused in the process, I apologise in advance). It's a bit clunky looking, but I'm interested in the functionality and performance of the site - so if you do fancy leaving feedback, concentrate on that.

As mentioned, this is a "beta" site - things are going to change and/or break, but you never know, I might take it further - it would be cool to have a load more data in there at some stage...

Enjoy (hopefully).

Re: Bristol Rugby Heritage - test/beta
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 20:46
82 - 13 L to Worcester away was one of the first things I saw, my poor PTSD.

Jokes aside, looks good. I'll have a proper nose later. Thank you.

Re: Bristol Rugby Heritage - test/beta
foinavon (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 21:35
Interesting thanks -

odd how the rather horrible games tend to jump off the page - quite a few of them involving Worcester!

Like this one: Saturday, 12th December 1998 Worcester 20 - 9 Bristol 1998-99

David Knox in one of his few games for Bristol - early in the first half started arguing with the ref about some decision - was told to stop arguing by the ref or he would be sent off - Knoxy didn't stop and was given a red card - game effectively over.

The only time I've seen a player sent off for arguing with the ref! Another dismal trip to Worcester...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net