rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Genge not in England's 25 for france
gran (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 19:46
Not much to add, except that Eddie clearly knows what he wants judging by the Ireland success. Maybe he is injured? Unfit ? Not as good as the others chosen?
Dunno meself me babbers!!

Re: Genge not in England's 25 for france
Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 10:32
Dropped in favour of Moon, who is a better scrummager. EJ will want technically good scrummagers to combat the size of the french front row

Rich. (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 11:54
I'd have gone for Ellis off bench as he can do far more damage in open play. As big as they are (and in some ways perhaps because of it) the French scrum was edged by Wales last week. Big and heavy yes but technically good enough?

I remember years ago Begles (I think it was) came over to play us and their front row were all about 5 ft 5. They destroyed our scrum as our bigger front row (poss including Peter Stiff) just weren't able to get the force going forward due to having to pack down so low. + the French were clearly great technicians.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 12:18
Does that mean Ellis re-signing for us can now be announced?

07 February, 2019 13:17
doesn't he still have a year to go on his contract at tiggers?

Rich. (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 13:42
Quote:
Standardprocedure
doesn't he still have a year to go on his contract at tiggers?

I'm not at all sure he is re-joining us yet but it seems that most clubs don't hold players to their contract if they really want to leave (understandable in many cases) so I doubt another year on his contract with Tigers will be a huge issue. But if we paid them some compensation would that come out off our salary cap?

Jim H (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 13:53
Compensation comes from the cap, but they may feel they owe us a favour we let him go there early.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 16:31
Did the big French pack simply tire in the second half? Particularly given the weather.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Rich. (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 17:33
Quote:
Peter_B
Did the big French pack simply tire in the second half? Particularly given the weather.

They did but the Welsh back at least held their own in the first half scrums

08 February, 2019 08:41
they are so big that they can only manage a 45/50 minute shift before the replacements come on. the replacements aren't too shabby though

cider head (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 12:06
"Genge not in England's 25 for france" So what! We beat Ireland without him (albeit for a few minutes).Lot of other players not involved either.Ben Moon can do the job anyway.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:38
He'll be in against Wales.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net