Current Page: 1 of 2
We arenít in the scrap anymore.
TimothyQ (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 19:24
Discuss.

Re: We arenít in the scrap anymore.
Brisman (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 19:31
Donít agree, Newcastle now with two successive wins has given them real momentum, Worcester are only seven points behind us, and itís a massive game when they visit in a fortnight.

Beating Worcester will be a big step towards us staying up, but itís too early to say weíre safe yet.

Portisteve (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 19:36
Yes we are - in the scrap for top 6!
To be fair there is still a chance we arenít safe, beat Worcester next time and we probably are though. Just need to keep on doing our thing and picking up points.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 19:39
I think we are playing as if we are looking upwards not downwards.

Positivity.

I will put my winnings from todays game on the Worcester game.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 19:58
Still everything to play for, back to back wins does mean momentum

tbr (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 20:14
I've been a Bristol fan for so long that I'm afraid I won't feel safe until it's mathematically impossible for us to be relegated.
Whether that comes at the end of the last game of the season or with two games to go... that's when I'll relax and only then.

What's very probably the case though this season is that the team that will be relegated (providing there will be relegation ... and I personally think there still will be) will have more than 30 points and still go down. Perhaps more than 34.

So no.

We're still the scrap.

In two scraps, in fact.

We're still in the scrap to avoid relegation right now.

AND still in the scrap to finish top 6.

TimothyQ (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 20:27
We are 10 points clear with 6 games to go. No one outside of the top three has scored more bonus points than us and if Quins beat glos tomorrow then we will be closer to forth place than relegation. Last week, we were all watching the Wuss Newcastle game and thinking ĎI hope Wuss do is a favourí...we really should be thinking the same about the Quins game tomorrow.

It would take a disaster for us to get relegated now, top 6 is the target, anything less is a disappointment and top 4 is overachievement.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 20:27
Quote:
tbr
I've been a Bristol fan for so long that I'm afraid I won't feel safe until it's mathematically impossible for us to be relegated.
Whether that comes at the end of the last game of the season or with two games to go... that's when I'll relax and only then.

What's very probably the case though this season is that the team that will be relegated (providing there will be relegation ... and I personally think there still will be) will have more than 30 points and still go down. Perhaps more than 34.

So no.

We're still the scrap.

In two scraps, in fact.

We're still in the scrap to avoid relegation right now.

AND still in the scrap to finish top 6.

Perfectly stated. Don't count cheickens before the fat lady has finished singing.

Well done everyone this afternoon. We are getting better every game and I'm looking forward to next season in the Prem.

Bris Bob (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 23:14
Until the stats say so unfortunately

Jimeno (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 08:56
Newcastle already have more points than any demoted club ended the season on in the last 7 years - and there are still 6 games to go.

It ain't over yet.

graham t (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 09:06
Whoever gets relegated is going to be unlucky. There is no really weak team in the Prem atm and more or less anyone is capable of beating anyone else on their day. Newcastle seem to have woken up a bit and Worcs can be pretty decent (or dire - very unpredictable). Leicester will probably improve once their players return from international duty and they get a few of their injured senior players back. Wasps look to be a bit of a mess, but that hasn't stopped them beating us.

Wickerman (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 09:11
This scrap may well go down to the last day .Whether we are involved at that point is another matter.
If we beat Worcester-who should have josh Adams and Ben teoback from international break,then we ought to be safe .If we lose and we were trounced at their place ,then all bets are off.
In my pessimist moments you could see us losing to Leicester,Saracens and Bath with their full teams,Sale at home depends on which Sale turn up ,on their better days they could well beat us ,then that leaves Newcastle away ,if they need to beat us to stay up that could definitely go the wrong way.
However I didnít expect the heroic victories in the last 2 matches so we could end up far better off than expected.
Itís a great league and I really hope we get to play in it next year and for many years to come.

Houghton Saint (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 11:57
Following your deserved win at the Gardens yesterday ( gritted teeth ) I think that only the current top four are not in the 'scrap' anymore. Saints run-in is difficult and I, for one, am not taking anything for granted !

Toby12 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 15:22
Think we very much are still in the scrap still potential 30 points available for each team, yes unlikely I know. We have a valuable cushion but little more at this stage. 3 wins yes probably safe if not who knows could go to the last game yet.

Purpendicular (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:00
It'll be a lot clearer after Worcs at home. Win that and i's think we're safe.

NickBeard (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 21:26
Quote:
Purpendicular

Agree with that 100%. I think it will be a really tough game. Wuss will be bang up for it as one of their more winnable games. They have 3 tough home games (Sale, Glos and Sarries) but away games they will target (Wasps, Saints and Us). If we can get any win from that we will be safe

bris_rob (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 09:01
Quote:
NickBeard
Quote:
Purpendicular

Agree with that 100%. I think it will be a really tough game. Wuss will be bang up for it as one of their more winnable games. They have 3 tough home games (Sale, Glos and Sarries) but away games they will target (Wasps, Saints and Us). If we can get any win from that we will be safe

+1 A tough match v Worcester coming up Ė but if we win that I think we're home and hosedÖ and my blood pressure can return to normal for the remainder of the season smiling smiley

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 10:03
Realistically I would say anyone from Wasps down could get relegated.
Wasps have to play pretty much all the top 6
Saints have only 2 home games left
Tigers are in@#$%&form
Worcester might be inconsistent for wins but seem to be able to pick up a TBP and LBP even when they lose.
Falcons gaining momentum.

expectingrain (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 11:43
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
Tigers are in@#$%&form
Worcester might be inconsistent for wins but seem to be able to pick up a TBP and LBP even when they lose.

Bris on a Roll

robtheh (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 11:46
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
Tigers are in@#$%&form

Agree with this analysis AW: my own take on it is that if we beat Worcester and Newcastle win against Sale, Worcester will find it very, very difficult to not go down. I also wonder, given one piece of info gleaned from their board about their ground ownership, whether they'd come back at all. Very interesting season thus far!
Think your boys will find some semblance of form sooner rather than later.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net