rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"The Clash"
ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 10:19
If you go on the Bristol Bears ticket page, away tickets have a separate tab. There are still a few £15 tickets left - checked the view on the RFU page and for that money it is pretty spot on.

Re: "The Clash"
Rich. (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 12:34
Can't blame Bath but it's a weird one this as I suspect there will be some less regular Bris fans who will go to this match (as it is at Twickenham and cheap tickets) instead of going to see Bris playing Worcester, Sarries or Sale. So on the one level it may cost us money

That said, potential new Bris supporters will also no doubt go (who will go as it's a day out/event at Twickenham etc) who may be inspired to come to a match at AG once they (hopefully) see how good we are.

Also be interesting because Bath tend to throw the ball around far more with these Twickenham games - feeling they need to entertain potential new fans etc. So we will meet a different Bath than the one we would have faced at the Wreck.

T J (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 12:50
Is it right that the away tickets are general admission to the relevant block I.e. no allocated seats?

ColinDaniel (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 13:02
That's how I read it when I bought mine! Untill the tickets show up its hard to know

Channel2 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 14:01
Why do "they" have these Twickenham matches ?
I could understand it to a certain extent when there were 4 "London" clubs, none of whom got particularly big attendances at their home matches, but I really don't get the tortuous journey to HQ for west country fans when its a normal league fixture.

With giveaway ticket prices loss of merchandise revenue plus no doubt a big wedge for the RFU, what sort of profit is generated by the clubs themselves ?

Genuine questions by the way.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 14:10
"Tortuous", 90 mins along the M4??

Circa 50k as opposed to 13k at the Wreck. Increases exposure and TV revenue?

I think as the Premiership limps belatedly into the 21st century, we will see a lot more of this, similar to the way the NFL markets itself.

Money talks. Top level sport is business these days, like it or not.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 14:19
Quote:
inatthebreakdown
"Tortuous", 90 mins along the M4??
Circa 50k as opposed to 13k at the Wreck. Increases exposure and TV revenue?

I think as the Premiership limps belatedly into the 21st century, we will see a lot more of this, similar to the way the NFL markets itself.

Money talks. Top level sport is business these days, like it or not.

Do you live in Bristol ?

Twickenham is awful to get to and I know the way trust me and it ain't 90 minutes by car from Bristol. By train its even worse with the change at Reading.

£15 tickets and the loss of revenue from home hospitality and bars means 50,000 versus 13,000 isn't such a great difference after all, and I would humbly suggest that firstly Bath RFC doesn't need exposure being pretty well known in rugby circles and Bath versus Bristol would surely be televised anyway wherever it was played?

I'm not saying money isn't the motivation, i'm just asking how much additional loot that is.

If the clubs are pimped around various locations as Sarries have done, then Mr Lansdown will be wondering where all the season ticket sales have gone. He may want to get to the stage Premier league clubs are, where due to global tv revenue the gate money doesn't matter anymore but rugby is a minority sport and will never get to that level.

I trust our owner will keep home games at AG despite the supposed allure of SW London !

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 14:25
If you're limited by a small ground and don't often get the "big game" experience (i.e. by playing in a big ground and/or regularly getting to knock-out stages of competitions), then I can see the attraction of staging something like this.

Olly (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 14:40
”I could understand it to a certain extent when there were 4 "London" clubs, none of whom got particularly big attendances at their home matches.”
Any idea what the attendance figures have been this season between London Scottish and London Irish? The only figure in saw for a game was pitifully low considering it being so called derby games.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 14:46
If memory serves, Bath signed up in 2017 for 4 of their regular season fixtures (i.e. 1 fixture for 4 years) to be played at HQ. 2017 and 2018 were both 'home fixtures vs Leicester, this year its a 'home' fixture against us....which I think could play into our hands, as we're used to playing in a proper stadium!

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

hooter (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 14:53
If they want a large stadium experience why not use the millennium stadium in Cardiff at least it’s easy to get to

Channel2 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 15:01
Quote:
SparkyBris
If memory serves, Bath signed up in 2017 for 4 of their regular season fixtures (i.e. 1 fixture for 4 years) to be played at HQ. 2017 and 2018 were both 'home fixtures vs Leicester, this year its a 'home' fixture against us....which I think could play into our hands, as we're used to playing in a proper stadium!

Well it certainly won't be a home fixture for Bath in the true sense of the word, so that has to make things easier for us.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 15:48
‘Tortuous’ it is i@tbd
Not only that when you get there you’ve got to find somewhere to park then go on from there. At the end you take hours to get home ( that’s grim if you’ve lost too)
On the other hand few of us enjoy a visit to the Wreck

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 15:51
Quote:
hooter
If they want a large stadium experience why not use the millennium stadium in Cardiff at least it’s easy to get to

Yes but have you ever tried leaving Cardiff by train after a match - and if most people were headed back to the West Country it would be total chaos! Mind I've never gone to Twickenham by train - in fact I've only been there three time since our final v Quins all those years ago.

11 March, 2019 15:55
We could always rent the Gate to them, for a price!

bristolnick (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 17:15
Going to the wreck to see Bristol play Bath is a fantastic day out. Great pubs and good public transport home ( train). This match being at Twickers has denied me a date i look forward to in our rugby season.

Seedub (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 18:13
Prefer Twickenham to the wreck any day.

JD11 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 20:31
Is anyone able to verify if the £15 tickets in block M38 are unreserved? It doesn’t look like you can choose seats on the Bristol site. On the Bath site you can reserve seats but the tickets are £30...

12 March, 2019 15:09
I don't know the answer, but FWIW I would be very surprised if Twickenham would sell seats on an unreserved basis

Whagwan (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 17:23
Quote:
Seedub
Prefer Twickenham to the wreck any day.

Yup, I ain't spending £50 to sit in the rain!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net