rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jonathon Davies
expectingrain (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 07:56
I have heard a vague rumour that JD has been linked with the Tigers. If he is looking for a deal in the Prem I'd say he is exactly the sort of player we should be looking for. He already has enough caps to protect his Welsh career and he would be a great fit for us and we'd fill a gap with genuine talent.

Re: Jonathon Davies
Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 10:08
I wonder if heíll have a get out clause in case of relegation :-)

TimothyQ (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 10:26
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I wonder if heíll have a get out clause in case of relegation :-)

Doesnít need one. Tigers and everyone above them are safe IMO. 😊

Re Jonathan Davies, if we are able to attract players Iíd his quality then itís an absolute no brainer. I donít know if there is any substance to the rumours of him coming to the premiership, but we must be an attractive destination for Welsh internationals.

12 March, 2019 10:35

Graham_U (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 11:31
He's a great player, I'd have him, as like Hurrell he has defensive solidity and the ability to protect the ball in contact. but is he really a fit for Pat's gameplay where he seems to look for natural off loaders.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 11:48
We could try signing a League player for a centre if Pat is struggling to find a face that fits. Shouldn't be huge money (unless it's a huge name, which isn't what I'm thinking) but there are plenty of successful examples and the skillet would suit nicely.

Rich. (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 12:32
Quote:
Graham_U
He's a great player, I'd have him, as like Hurrell he has defensive solidity and the ability to protect the ball in contact. but is he really a fit for Pat's gameplay where he seems to look for natural off loaders.

The way he plays for Scarlets would be just what Pat would like

hooter (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 12:40
could he be a marque player?

Bristol Fashion (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 13:07
Quote:
hooter

CP and Luatua are our marquee players. However we can always just sign him on an academy salary and then SL can create JDaviesLtd and give him a share of that....sorted!

hooter (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 13:22
How long are they allowed to stay marquee players, is it the length of their contract or can you extend it. Werenít both of them signed on two year contracts, hasnít luatua been here two years at the end of this season

youngone (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 13:36
we definitely need more centres but not sure i want to see us sign any current internationals. Ideally you would want someone like Brad Barritt (not because of his style/form/skills) but because he is top prem quality and will be available all season disregarding injury.

Of course i wouldnt complain if we signed JD, the man is an exeptional centre and would start in most teams in the world both club and country imo.

Rich. (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 15:27
Quote:
Bristol Fashion
Quote:
hooter

CP and Luatua are our marquee players. However we can always just sign him on an academy salary and then SL can create JDaviesLtd and give him a share of that....sorted!

Good one!!

Youngone - I think we'd only sign JD if he retired from international rugby - which he may well do after the RWC. In fact if he wanted to stay playing for Wales I don't think he could move away from a Welsh region as he hasn't got enough caps I suspect.

youngone (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 17:38
in that case...... yes pleaaaaaaassseeeee!

JamboBris (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 17:43
He must be on more than 60 caps by now so could play outside of wales and still play for the national side.

Rich. (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 20:04
Quote:
JamboBris
He must be on more than 60 caps by now so could play outside of wales and still play for the national side.

Wow yea according to Wiki 72 caps. Surprised he has that many (and more than Dan Biggar) as a bit of time out injured. He would certainly be less of a good signing if he remained playing for Wales

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 12:46
Tuilagi staying at Tigers, so shall we snap this dude up now?

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 13:51
Out of contract at the end of the season - Check.
Welsh Rugby in a mess (again) - Check.
More than 60 caps, so outside of Gatland's Law - Check.
Bristol is just over the Severn Bridge - Check.
We need a quality centre -Check.

No brainer really! (Sm42)

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

13 March, 2019 14:00
Someone pick up the phone to his agent

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 14:02
Quote:
SparkyBris
Out of contract at the end of the season - Check.
Welsh Rugby in a mess (again) - Check.
More than 60 caps, so outside of Gatland's Law - Check.
Bristol is just over the Severn Bridge - Check.
We need a quality centre -Check.

No brainer really! (Sm42)

Fits within Bears' culture - ?

Fits within our systems - perhaps.

Reasonable wage within the cap/our budget - ?

Might not be so simple.

Rich. (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 14:47
Why 'Fits within Bears' culture - ?' Rinky? Is that just a genuine you don't know what he's like and therefore can't say (in which case fair enough of course!)?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net