rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Charles Piutau
expectingrain (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 10:49
Still no injury update. Its not looking good is it?

Re: Charles Piutau
memnoch (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 10:58
Quote:
expectingrain
Still no injury update. Its not looking good is it?

Or you could look at it as we have not been told he is out for (x) number of weeks that it’s not as bad as first thought.

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 11:39
Pat said after the Saints game that they've now got 2 weeks to prepare for Wuss, with this weekend off. No doubt, unless really serious, they'll be giving Charles as much rest and physio as possible in order to make a judgement early next week. Wouldn't have thought we'd hear anything until then at the very earliest.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

expectingrain (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 12:12
Hope you're both right. Suspected torn calf muscle or strain Pat said. So long lay off (whole season probably) if it's the former or short lay off if it's the latter.

youngone (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 15:40
So assuming he's injured for Worcester what's your back three selection? I'd go with daniels FB morahan and pincus on the wings

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 16:20
For me:

11. L Daniels
14. L Morahan
15. M Protheroe

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 16:28
I mentioned elsewhere that a minor sprain may be ready in as soon as 10 days, a stage ii tear around 6 weeks and a serious tear for the rest of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2019 16:29 by thorpebayexile.

Bristol Fashion (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 17:29
I'd actually put Morahan at fullback. I think he would be excellent. Great under the high ball and fantastic and picking his attacking lines from deep.

Not sure if Alapati is back, I'd go:

11. Alapati/Protheroe
14. Daniels
15. Morahan

robtheh (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 17:34
I’d go Morahan fullback, Daniels left wing and Pincus right wing

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 17:47
Stick this new Welsh lad on the wing.

Boom! Hat-trick on his debut!

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 17:55
What's happened to Tusi Pisi ?

Jimeno (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 18:50
Maybe Protheroe on the wing?

T J (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 18:58
Quote:
EverOptimistic

He’s rubbish.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 19:49
TJ please
Not every player may impress you but no one should be dismissed by any of us so thoughtlessly

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 19:52
Quote:
T J
Quote:
EverOptimistic

He’s rubbish.

He might be struggling to be as effective as he was this season in the premiership but he has done us proud in previous seasons and shored up our centre throughout our Championship sojourn.

Nobody really deserves that sort of dismissive stuff.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 20:20
Quote:
thorpebayexile
Quote:
T J
Quote:
EverOptimistic

He’s rubbish.

He might be struggling to be as effective as he was this season in the premiership but he has done us proud in previous seasons and shored up our centre throughout our Championship sojourn.

Nobody really deserves that sort of dismissive stuff.

Agreed, comment is a bit out of order. Tusi has been great for us and has done well in the Shield this year. He is what, 37 or so now? No doubt helped behind the scenes with the younger members of the squad in training too and has always been decent mixing with supporters. Injury or two more and I wouldn't be surprised to see him running out at 12 this season for a last hurrah.

shhandy (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 09:36
Pisi was brought in by Hill & played out of position at 10, he prefers Centre. He has been a good servant for the club in difficult times. The term ‘offensive’ is both untrue & offensive in itself.

memnoch (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 09:48
Quote:
shhandy
Pisi was brought in by Hill & played out of position at 10, he prefers Centre. He has been a good servant for the club in difficult times. The term ‘offensive’ is both untrue & offensive in itself.

Tusi has been with us over 10yrs? I think you mean Robinson lol.

I agree he has been a good servant to the club and always ready to step in when needed.

I also find TJ's comment incorrect and uncalled for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/03/2019 09:56 by memnoch.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 10:11
Quote:
robtheh
I’d go Morahan fullback, Daniels left wing and Pincus right wing

this seems to be the most sensible solution. Protheroe on the bench

youngone (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 13:40
isnt Daniels favoured position FB? I got the impression he was only playing Wing for us as Chuck was starting at 15?

That being said it would be nice to see morahan given more opportunity to punish some loose kicking from FB

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net