rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Signing?
Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 16:22
According to Twitter we’ve registered another 2nd row for Europe called Kane Leaupepe - did I miss something? Where’d he come from?

Re: New Signing?
Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 16:29
Just googled him - 6ft7 118k and 26 yrs old. Plays for Bay of Plenty in the NPC and was recently capped by Samoa. Never heard of him but looks the type - another Polynesian brother to join the party!

Peter_B (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 17:00
Big lad.

Surname rings a bell. Didn’t we have a Leaupepe play for us before?

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 17:07
I recall George Leupepe ( not sure of spelling)

Jonny thomas (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 17:31
We did indeed have a centre called George
He wasn't great
Don't know if he's a relative

Rich. (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 17:58
Quote:
Jonny thomas
He wasn't great

You've either got very high standards/expectations or a better memory than me - as my memory is that he was very good!

Jonny thomas (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 18:17
Quote:
Rich.
Quote:
Jonny thomas
He wasn't great

You've either got very high standards/expectations or a better memory than me - as my memory is that he was very good!
I seem to remember him not being great are you sure you're not confusing him with Frank Bunce he was there around the same time and was great

Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 18:31
10 sec clip on YouTube. He's a big boy!

Yer Tis

Paulie (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 19:02
George was a great player. Not sure he played a huge nnumber of games for us though, didn't he break his leg or something playing for us which he never really recovered from.

Rich. (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 19:38
No not confusing him with Frank

Graham_U (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 10:59
George signed for us under Dwyer I think. He was billed as one of the best centres in the world when he signed. But on his performances in a Bris shirt, he was not even one of the Best centres we had at the time. He was pretty average at best, didn't really seem fully committed or settled, as we never seemed to get anywhere neat the best out of him.

France Bunce was a short term signing, long way past his best when he played for us, which seemed to reflect his play.

Both were very different to Brian Lima, who turned up as little Dave's minder, certainly passed his best physically, but still put in a fully committed shift every time he played us, which is what I expect.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:24
Both were very different to Brian Lima, who turned up as little Dave's minder, certainly passed his best physically, but still put in a fully committed shift every time he played us, which is what I expect.

And punched Danny Care in the face whilst running through hism I recently learned from the BBC Rugby Union podcast

Olly (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:45
Brian Lima, a guy who's reputation entered the field long before the man. Fully committed yes He certainly was. never gave an inch. Loved watching him on the field.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Prop Joe (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 12:25
In one of his first games for us a London Irish player tried to tackle Lima and was left in a heap. That was end of his game in the opening minutes. He met The Chiropractor!

airdog (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 13:10
if this guy has indeed been signed then why no official announcement ?

Jonny thomas (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 13:15
Quote:
Prop Joe
In one of his first games for us a London Irish player tried to tackle Lima and was left in a heap. That was end of his game in the opening minutes. He met The Chiropractor!
I remember listening to this on the radio
"The Irish wingers come off his wing .....looks like he's planning to give Lima a taste of his own medicine........
Oooooh that looks nasty "
Minute or so later " the Irish winger is yet to move I do hope he's ok"

Paulie (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 13:39
Given the ban Leiua received I think Lima would have spent 80% of the season suspended.

Fridger (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 14:16
Had the joy of watching Lima score the winning try against Glos at Kingsholm in 2006. Immense presence in the middle of any team!!

Earlsbris (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 14:36
I remember watching him smash the London Irish scrum half about 15 meters away from where I was sat. You could hear the crunch. Great player, one of my favourites to wear the shirt

gaudi (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 15:11
Best Lima memory was watching Varndell playing for Leicester literally run the full width of the pitch to avoid an appointment with ‘The Chiropractor “, funniest thing I saw on a pitch for all long time.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net