Ryan Edwards (3rd year)
Mat Protheroe (3rd year)
Charles Piutau (2nd year)
Tom Pincus (2nd year)
Luke Daniels (2nd year)
Toby Fricker (2nd year)
Aaron Chapman (3rd year)
Jake Bates (1st year)

Edited 15 time(s). Last edit at 22/05/2019 10:46 by Jim H.

Re: Squad for 2019/20
robtheh (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 13:52
Cosgrove is no longer here

Jim H (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 13:56
Quote:
robtheh
Cosgrove is no longer here

removed him - cheers!

JamboBris (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 14:11
Think Edwards, Latta, Batley, NFW, Ehizodze, Cullen, Faletau, lam, Pisi, and protheroe all out of contract unless I've missed any announcements?

JamboBris (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 14:27
Also Sam Bedlow, Hawkins and Lloyd all signed senior terms a month or so ago.

Jim H (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 14:40
Quote:
JamboBris
Also Sam Bedlow, Hawkins and Lloyd all signed senior terms a month or so ago.

Added Lloyd.

The senior academy is named " integrated squad" on the website. I wasn't going to mark those going out of contract, will just remove them if they go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2019 14:46 by Jim H.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 15:31
Cheers for putting this together!

youngone (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 17:26
Good effort Jim H, much appreciated.

Brizzle (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 18:26
Christ we need some centres!!
I think the last couple of games has shown this is a weak area. I didn't think our wingers had too had a game, they just didn't get the ball with time and space.
Sorry but Pisi isn't up to this level.

Jim H (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 19:18
Quote:
JamboBris
Cheers for putting this together!

Have to confess to just copy and pasting Sinces' list and making a few changes. It was a dull telecon on microstructure in creams.....

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 20:43
Cipriani won't be coming. Just signed a 3 year extension with Glaws

Bris21 (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 20:45
Lindsey and NFW off, Capon prompted to senior squad

JamboBris (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 20:48
Quote:
Bris21
Lindsey and NFW off, Capon prompted to senior squad

This been announced yet? Capon meant to have massive potential. Anyone know what's happened with Rowland, was in NZ for a bit last I heard but still in our setup? Another one who's mean to have a bright future in the game.

Bris21 (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 20:58
Not yet but will be.

Rowland suffered a neck injury and had surgery- out for the rest of the season.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
02 April, 2019 21:06
Ah thanks for that, good few players coming through at present. Hoping Dun can kick on when injury free too.

T J (IP Logged)
03 April, 2019 12:04
Wasn't Dawe supposed to be the next big thing - unless someone can correct me he's hardly featured this season and we've had to put up with the Lay brothers instead.

What's the story here?

Graham_U (IP Logged)
04 April, 2019 09:35
Are they still pushing Dawe as a Tight Head? The last few times I've seen him was on the Loosehead side? He's always looked promising, but needs some stability and time to learn his trade,but I hope we give him a chance. I think in the U20 he was one of those who was so much more powerful that the norm that he didn't need great technique. Also on THs, surely Faletau time will be up this season, he seemed unfit when we signed him, and has struggled for form and fitness since he joined.

Actually TJ's comments about the Lay brothers and our props may indicate a problem with our coaching. They are both internationals, I've seen Jordon the Loosehead play well for Samoa, Edinburgh, and was straight in as a Starter for Osprey's yet our fans have hardly seen him which lead to comments like TJ's. He's not the first prop who has looked good elsewhere but struggles with us, which implies a deeper issue. Interestingly James was given a go at LH the other day and seemed to hold his own.

IMHO our first choice props have looked much better as the season has progress, possibly as seem to to focus on holding a solid scrum rather than trying to win pens. I remember when we were in the Champ many people kept saying that the props were better in the champ that the prem because they have so much more to do in the prem than just prop. But we have signed the best props from the champ last year who have struggled to hold their own in the scrum.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

robtheh (IP Logged)
04 April, 2019 11:57
Quote:
Graham_U
Are they still pushing Dawe as a Tight Head? The last few times I've seen him was on the Loosehead side? He's always looked promising, but needs some stability and time to learn his trade,but I hope we give him a chance. I think in the U20 he was one of those who was so much more powerful that the norm that he didn't need great technique. Also on THs, surely Faletau time will be up this season, he seemed unfit when we signed him, and has struggled for form and fitness since he joined.
Actually TJ's comments about the Lay brothers and our props may indicate a problem with our coaching. They are both internationals, I've seen Jordon the Loosehead play well for Samoa, Edinburgh, and was straight in as a Starter for Osprey's yet our fans have hardly seen him which lead to comments like TJ's. He's not the first prop who has looked good elsewhere but struggles with us, which implies a deeper issue. Interestingly James was given a go at LH the other day and seemed to hold his own.

IMHO our first choice props have looked much better as the season has progress, possibly as seem to to focus on holding a solid scrum rather than trying to win pens. I remember when we were in the Champ many people kept saying that the props were better in the champ that the prem because they have so much more to do in the prem than just prop. But we have signed the best props from the champ last year who have struggled to hold their own in the scrum.

Interesting point, the latter.
Perenise is a case in point: scrum penalty machine in the championship, yet wins penalties in the prem.
Maybe partly a refereeing issue? Or maybe the second rows are that much powerful in the prem.

Jim H (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 15:08
Added the extra year for Crane, Edwards and Protheroe. Has anyone else agreed a new deal that I've forgotten?

Jim H (IP Logged)
08 April, 2019 18:19
Vui - 21/22 season
Luatua - 20/21 season
Hughes - 20/21 season (assumed 2 year deal)
Attwood -20/21 season (assumed 2 year deal)
Leiua - 21/21 season
Crane - 19/20 season
Edwards - 19/20 season
Protheroe - 19/20 season

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net