rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Slick God of the week.
Graham_U (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 11:11
In my never ending task of catching up on my library of rugby Pod Casts I've just listen to the Ruck from 25th.March . At the end of the pod, about 49 mins in they state their gods of the week. In this case our very own Slick gets nominated for his impartial (as always) work during the Wuss defeat. Its something I've always liked about the way Slick does it, sure build us up in the breaks but show respect to the opposition and keep is sane during the game, unlike the Barf idiot at Twickenham who seemed to be tasked with waking up the Barf supporters every 10 mins or the equally annoying idiot that O'rish had for many a year with his c'mon you Irish after every announcement and restart.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Re: Slick God of the week.
dpw (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 11:41
GU Well spotted.............. and the praise of Slick is well deserved

airdog (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 11:44
completely agree with you Graham if you visit away grounds in this league and the championship its good we have someone who is informative passionate but does not indulge in the histrionics evident elsewhere .
I would be happy to see the back of that other bloke though !

Brisman (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 11:53
Quote:
airdog
completely agree with you Graham if you visit away grounds in this league and the championship its good we have someone who is informative passionate but does not indulge in the histrionics evident elsewhere .
I would be happy to see the back of that other bloke though !
Downsy? Yeah, well over the top, he massively grates with a lot of City fans too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2019 15:12 by Brisman.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 12:04
To be fair to Downsy, I thought he got it right yesterday. Nothing over the top, nothing really in-game.

T J (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 12:16
The Barf idiot is utterly cringe-worthy, as is their whole approach to generating what they call “an atmosphere.”

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 12:30
Although he did read out the scores of the other games which was pretty irritating if you were recording it to watch later.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 12:50
Anyone go to Ealing away? Their announcer is certainly something.

Honestly laughing just thinking about it again.

robtheh (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 13:46
Quote:
Rinkadink
Anyone go to Ealing away? Their announcer is certainly something.
Honestly laughing just thinking about it again.

He was great! Total, unashamed bias; I couldn’t, at first, work out if his first language wasn’t English or if he was absolutely lashed!

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 14:29
I think Slick is a gem

‘Welcome to Ashton Gate, the home of Bristol R...ears’

and yesterday when announcing Sarries replacements only their surnames appeared on the screen but he was giving us their first names too, until he got to Koch

Does he have a proper job? He’s one of the best announcers that’s for sure

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net