rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Bedlow
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 12:37
On the way back last night it occurred to me I was still in a state of disbelief that this was his first premiership start. What a performance, especially when you consider the circumstances. How impressive for an inexperienced player to win collisions with three Sarries players hanging on to him for dear life, will we see more of him going forward? I'm very interested to see how he'll do with our more flowing game plan we are used to. If he can attract defenders like he did yesterday we may have found that centre we've been longing for who can make space for the people outside via straight and hard running rather than the 2nd playmaker role.

Anyone else have similar thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2019 12:39 by Rinkadink.

Re: Bedlow
AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 13:04
I was really excited to see him get a start yesterday

I think (happy to be corrected) that he has played 10 for the A team this year too, which says a lot for his decision-making, distribution and kicking game too.

Add all that to the fact he is a strong unit when carrying, and you have a very interesting option at 12.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 13:30
If that's the case then he could be The Oneô.

Exciting times ahead.

henlil (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 13:55
Agreed, leave him in for the rest of the season.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 14:20
An extremely assured performance from the young man - did not look out of place at all

Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 15:01
Agreed, he was really good. Better than S Piutau in my opinion. Added some much needed solidity to the backline.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 15:57
Less stupid offloads and wild passes too. Very assured and I hope he keeps it up.

PJ6 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2019 16:30
He had a good game for the a team last year, so surprised he didnít have more opportunities in prem cup etc.

No doubt he did well yesterday, but letís not get carried away. Pat Lam knows his apples and there is a reason this was his first start. Heís not nearly as capable as siale p or the hurrelcane in defence and if itís a smash and bash 12 we need, heís a way of hurrell.

A welcome performance though, in a position of perceived lack of depth.

Rich. (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 08:38
We always need to remember how players, especially the younger ones, are being developed throughout the season. Dan Thomas and Callum Sheedy for example are significantly better than they were when they first played for the club, So I suspect that in this case Sam has been working on many aspects of his game with the coaches and they're now starting to pay off.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 09:33
I say that was as good an all-round performance at 12 as we've seen this season. It will certainly give pat something to think about and I hope pat doesn't go back to his default selection when SP returns.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Sit_Down (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 10:52
Yep, very assured performance. Great to see.

I'd look at S. Piutau and Bedlow (assuming he has experience at 13) together against the Tigers. Like O'Conor as well, just think against Tigers with Manu running hard we need SP.

I'd go - Uren, Sheedy, SP, Bedlow, Pincus, Alapati, CP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net