rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Hull KR vs Hull FC derby tonight...
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
27 June, 2019 22:08
... classic encounter and really enjoyable. There was one moment which I couldn't believe I had seen though; Joe Westerman with a dislocated knee cap decides to hammer it back into place with his own hand and carries on playing after time out reassuring the physio he is okay and doing stress tests. Madness. Everyone is stunned. Finished the game making a few tackles and a run IIRC.

Link here [mobile.twitter.com] (but advisory, not for the squeamish)

Re: Hull KR vs Hull FC derby tonight...
Platwell House (IP Logged)
28 June, 2019 21:19
Being a big RL fan (Bristol will always be my number one) it was a fantastic encounter. KR really are now putting the pressure on Leeds now. Watching RL does often make me think, who could make the switch to Union? Danny McGuire for Hull KR could have but is too old now. I often think Tom Briscoe of Leeds could easily be a winger or full back in union. Sam Burgess was always a Blindside Flanker never a centre.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
28 June, 2019 22:19
I ask myself the same thing, DM would have made it I think. On the subject of KR Parcell made a big impact last night, great news for them and Leeds must be mad to let him go. I think loose RL forwards with good ball handling/distribution skills would transition to union centres quite well (and backrow, league props for number 8?) not so sure about Burgess though. Thrown in deep end without proper management and coaching IMO.

John Bateman and Eliott Whitehead would be up there for me, think they'd go well in union.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2019 22:20 by Rinkadink.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
29 June, 2019 08:35
Yeah Burgess was totally mismanaged affair.

James Graham is another who would have thrived at 8 however like McGuire is too long in the tooth now.

Will be interesting to see how Luther Burrell adapts going the other way.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
29 June, 2019 11:47
Graham would have been immense at 8, there was the rumour about Sean Long joining us some time ago now (it flies) and I think he could have been great if the deal came through.

Good rugby story this one;

I hope Burrell goes well, I do worry he's left it a bit late to make the switch but he has all the attributes. Jack Nowell would make an excellent league player IMO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net