rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

The Young'uns
SparkyBris (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 11:11
So we've only signed 3 new players to come in for 2019/20 (Attwood, Hughes and Nicky Thomas). Pat has stated that academy players will be brought on (its worked fairly well for Sarries!), so who do we think we'll see more of this season?

Sam Bedlow had a strong finish to last season, so I think we'll see more of what he has to offer.
Will Capon was tearing it up for England U20s over the summer.
Charlie Powell made his England U20s debut earlier this year.
Ioan Lloyd has been a regular for Wales U20s.
Nick Chamberlain has been a regular for Scotland U20s.
Blake Boyland had a good run with England U18s.
George Kloska made his debut in the Falcons game.
Aaron Chapman was making his presence felt in the England U20s before getting injured.

That's some good youngsters there, plus we haven't seen too much of the likes of Ollie Dawe and John Hawkins as yet, plus a fit Sam Jeffries will be like a new signing too!

A lot to be excited about there methinks!

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Re: The Young'uns
robtheh (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 11:16
I think we'll see some more of Sam Graham too.

Pub Singer (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 11:32
James Dun is a very good prospect as well. They need to be developed though and more of them need to be given chances, eg in the Premiership Cup. Bristol used more senior players than the vast majority of clubs in that competition last season. Itís two years since Dawe was in the England U20s and he and the other youngsters need to be given an opportunity with Bristol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2019 14:59 by Pub Singer.

youngone (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 13:15
Kloska looked good v falcons, Graham and Powell are probably the closest to getting some prem time who haven't yet I would say. It's a shame in a way we have two good young 10s alongside sheedy and mads - it might be tough to keep hold of them both and you wonder where edens head is at considering he is a young talent himself.

Furriner (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 16:31
Thatís a very promising list. Now we need to really get in the Sarriesí way of doing things, because they seem to have a knack of keeping hold of their tyros. (Perhaps itís to do with having a first team full of internationals, thus freeing up game time for the up-and-coming blokes.)

Pub Singer (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 18:49
Add Nick English. A regular in the Wales U20 side this season.

Ioan Lloyd was Wales U18s. I donít think he got an U20s cap but that should come this season.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
05 July, 2019 19:06
Quote:
robtheh
I think we'll see some more of Sam Graham too.

Hope so. He has impressed me when I have seen him....natural power.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
06 July, 2019 08:38
All part of Pat's plan.. A production line of young talent who will become part of the team for seasons to come. Bristol Sport are adopting this philosophy with the football team. It is the best way of running a club. If you can't buy you must create.

PJ6 (IP Logged)
06 July, 2019 09:03
Iíve said this before, but a couple of seasons ago in the b&i cup vs blues select at Sardis road, and Aaron Chapman was superb! Based on that days performace heís our best non SH back 3 player!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net