rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Cheshire Cup final abandoned
snaderson (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 09:34
The Jets were due to contest their second successive Cheshire Cup final - this year against opponents Caldy. Unfortunately, due to fixture congestion, it is now unable to take place and the cup is being "shared" between the two clubs.

Formal statement

So last night was the last Jets game of the season. Pity Tommy Bell has to finish the year with the memory of those missed kicks!

Re: Cheshire Cup final abandoned
iBozz (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 09:44
A ludicrous decision - where there's a will there's a way.

Presumably there was no will.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 11:34
not much point in a competition where the final is optional.

Prop at Work (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 13:12
Shouldn't enter if you're not prepared to play. Disqualify both teams and put the semi-finalists up for it.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 13:46
luckikly, Sales pplayers are so good, and their contracts so well paid and secure, that they dont need to show their abilities any more than already done. they dont need

emerging shark (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 13:46
The fixture congestion can only be from Caldy surely? Jets have no more games..

Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 13:51
"However, even after considerable discussions with all involved, it was evident that it was impossible to reach a mutually satisfactory accommodation with both Clubs due to their varied commitments,"

H's D (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 15:45
Will the Jets not be released shortly for the summer break, immediately after MR7's?
Some may have flights booked etc. I can also see that player turnover in the Jets is likely to be much higher than at a club. The jets might not want the fixture early next season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 16:54 by H's D.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 17:45
"The fixture congestion can only be from Caldy surely? Jets have no more games."

Strangely Caldy don't seem to have any more games either. Caldy were due to play one fixture in mid May, but this seems to have already been played. The Caldy website is awash with information - well it would be if I could find any.

I presume it is more to do with County Championship games than anything else - games being played on 7, 14, and 21 May.

p.s. I wonder if MartWhit has been been raiding the wine cupboard again. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 17:48 by DaveAitch.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net