rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Subscribe to the Sharks and Jets downloadable fixture calendar
iBozz (IP Logged)
11 May, 2011 11:43
I hope to continue with the "real time" subscribable fixture calendar over the summer and through next term. You can link it to your own home computer calendar system so that your calendar is automatically populated and updated for fixtures, kick-off times and any changes thereto.

To this end, Swanny has again agreed to let me know as and when fixtures are arranged or subsequent changes are made. Unfortunately that system is not always as reliable as it might be and accounts for why I cannot always be as quick to modify fixtures as I would like.

I will assign an arbitrary two hours for the length of any game unless you overwhelmingly wish another time.

Home games will have us first and in capitals, e.g. SALE, JETS and way games will have our hosts first and us second in lower case.

If you have any comments, suggestions, complaints or spot any errors, then please either PM me or email me at:

eighteensixtyone at gmail dot com

And now, how to do it ...

I can't help with Windoze calendars (but will amend these notes if someone can PM me with how to do it on systems other than iCal and MacOSX), but I would guess that the subscription process is roughly similar to that used on Macs, namely:

1) Open iCal (Mac's calendar application) and select Calendar > Subscribe and then paste in the following URL (for which Google says Please use the following address to access your calendar from other applications. You can copy and paste this into any calendar product that supports the iCal format):

http: //www.google.com/calendar/ical/s22hiqne2bv9o3ilraq9p7ama0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

iOS7.n

Quote:
Thanks to CEinthesun for the following information on how to subscribe to the calendar under Apple's iOS71, the introduction of which broke the subscriptions set up under iOS6

Go to Settings > Mail Contacts Calendar > Accounts > Add account > Other > Add subscribed calendar

In the Server box paste ...

http: //www.google.com/calendar/ical/s22hiqne2bv9o3ilraq9p7ama0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

REMEMBER TO REMOVE SPACE BETWEEN the colon and slashes.

Click Next at the top right, wait while it verifies and you should then see a Subscription Panel, then click save.

SSL should be On and remove Alarm should be off.

Click Save and the calendar should now appear in your own device calendars.

In Accounts, you should now see Sale Sharks Official Fixture List 2010/11

She then goes on to add, woundingly: Ignore the fact iBozz got the sodding year wrong he's getting old and doesn't know what day of the week it is let alone they year!

Other URLs which might be needed by your own system are:

2) XML (for which Google says Please use the following address to access your calendar from other applications. You can copy and paste this into any feed reader):

http: //www.google.com/calendar/feeds/s22hiqne2bv9o3ilraq9p7ama0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

3) HTML: (for which Google says Please use the following address to access your calendar in any web browser):

http: //www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=s22hiqne2bv9o3ilraq9p7ama0%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/London

Please remember to remove the spaces which appear between the colon and slashes in those URLs. I've had to introduce them here to make the text display properly.

It should be possible, when importing, to specify how often your own calendar system checks back to the source calendar and automatically updates it.

The format is, or should be, that fixtures starting SALE or JETS are home fixtures and fixtures starting (SA) or (JA) are away fixtures.

Thanks to Julian Price for allowing me edit access to his Google calendar, where these fixtures are held.

But, as ever, E&OE.

NB, some additional advice re MicroSoft Outlook (2007 onwards) from snaderson, for which many thanks ...

... I tried subscribing from Outlook and was successful (thanks to the instructions from the AP website).

Subscribing on Microsoft Outlook (only available for 2007 or later)

1. Go to Tools > Account Settings
2. Choose Internet Calendars tab
3. Click "New..."
4. Paste the .ics URL into the location field (without the rogue space after 'http:') and click Add
5. Fill in the details (e.g. folder Sale Sharks, description Sale Sharks fixtures)
6. Bob's your mother's brother

(Edited to stickify)

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2013 19:53 by iBozz.

Re: Real time Sharks and Jets fixture calendar
iBozz (IP Logged)
15 June, 2011 15:11
Amlin rounds added - mainly tba but at least you know which days to keep free!

E&OE: PM me with any errors of omission or commission, please.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

iBozz (IP Logged)
30 June, 2011 18:08
Aviva Premiership fixtures added.

E&OE: errors to me either at the email address at the top of this thread or via PM, please.

H's D (IP Logged)
31 August, 2011 17:04
test bump.

iBozz (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 13:02
2012/2013 Heineken Cup dates now added.

Would users like to see the home nations' internationals and 6 Nations fixtures included, or do you want it restricted only to Sale?

Post preferences here, PM me or email me at ...

heywood dot road at gmail dot com

Rugbydon (IP Logged)
20 May, 2012 11:59
Blimmin 'eek iBozz, can I bring my iPad round so you can set it up for me? (Sm132)

iBozz (IP Logged)
20 May, 2012 21:48
My pleasure - any time.

I have this Sale fixture calendar linked to iCal on my iMac and that syncs with my iPad - Simples!

I'm not sure about The Dark Side, but no doubt something similar can be done with Outlook, Eudora or whatever calendar is used on Windoze.

Re: Subscribe to the Sharks and Jets fixture calendar
snaderson (IP Logged)
04 July, 2012 15:18
No doubt iBozz will shortly be busy populating the calendar with the 2012/2013 fixtures but, in the meantime, I tried subscribing from Outlook and was successful (thanks to the instructions from the AP website).

Subscribing on Microsoft Outlook (only available for 2007 or later)

1. Go to Tools > Account Settings
2. Choose Internet Calendars tab
3. Click "New..."
4. Paste the .ics URL into the location field (without the rogue space after 'http:') and click Add
5. Fill in the details (e.g. folder Sale Sharks, description Sale Sharks fixtures)
6. Bob's your mother's brother

iBozz (IP Logged)
04 July, 2012 16:13
I shall indeed, snaders, probably later this week - fixtures will be provisionally booked as Home games at 8:00pm on the Fridays and Away games at 3:00pm on the Saturdays until the final details come through.

I endeavour to keep things up to date with changed times, etc. and am awaiting advice from Swanny on how best to do this in future.

iBozz (IP Logged)
04 July, 2012 18:50
OK, there is nowt on The Idiot Box tonight, so I've added the AV matches.

As mentioned, I have assumed that all home games kick off on the Friday at 8:00pm and all away games at 3:00pm on the Saturday.

NB: three home games now moved to the Saturday in accordance with news on The Iffy. Thanks to strines for pointing out my errors.

E&OE, Caveat Emptor, etc. etc.

If you spot any errors, either now or throughout the season, or have any suggestions for improving the calendar information then please let me know as soon as you can and I'll endeavour to change the offending fixture or make the improvement pdq.

You can either PM me or email me at eighteensixtyone at gmail dot com

Other fixtures will be added as and when I become aware of them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2012 19:26 by iBozz.

Re: Subscribe to the Sharks and Jets downloadable fixture calendar
snaderson (IP Logged)
05 July, 2012 07:58
Thanks, iBozz, that's great.

The Jets fixtures (the few of them that there are) are also out: Iffy

iBozz (IP Logged)
05 July, 2012 08:22
Thanks, I'll add those tonight when I get home.

iBozz (IP Logged)
05 July, 2012 19:26
Jets' fixtures now added.

In the absence of any specific information, I have assumed that all games, both Home and Away, kick off at 7:30pm and that all "Home" games will take place at Sale FC, Heywood Road.

As ever, E&OE, caveat emptor, etc. etc.

Please let me know of any errors of omission or commission amd any changes that might be announced and evade my beady eyes as the season progresses.

PM me or email me at: eighteensixtyone at gmail dot com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2012 19:28 by iBozz.

iBozz (IP Logged)
13 July, 2012 14:01
First 8 rounds now confirmed (thanks, Tigger) and their "tbc" caveats now removed and the away game at Worcester's time and date changed from the provisional 3:00pm on the afternoon of Saturday, 27th to 8:00pm on Friday, 26th October at Sixways.

iBozz (IP Logged)
24 July, 2012 21:22
You may notice, over the next 24 to 48 hours or so, some changes to fixtures for the first 8 weeks where they have been confirmed.

Worry not, for I am trying to resolve an issue where some amended fixtures (changed times or the removal of "tbc") appear duplicated on certain media.

It may, or may not, be related to the following announcement on Google Calendars...

Quote:
Issue: Duplicate events showing where events were previously not displayed

Our team has recently resolved an issue that was causing some events retrieved through calendar feeds, import and Google Calendar Sync to not be displayed in Google Calendar. We've heard some reports that users are now seeing duplicate events where events were once missing. Our team is currently investigating.

Whilst this is not the precise problem that I am seeing, it does appear related and may be a result of my updating fixtures when Google were implementing their fix.

You may care to check whether your downloaded calendars look correct on each of your synchronised devices - if they don't, then please let me know what is wring by PM as it may help me resolve the problem.

In my case, the first eight confirmed fixtures have all been amended since the original proposed dates were issued, some for timing changes and all of the to have the "tbc" caveat removed.

I can view the fixtures in three different locations:

1) The Multiple Sclerosis Society Branch Calendar, where all the fixtures appear correct.

2) In iCal on my iMac (MacOSX.6.8 Snow Leopard) which syncs with the on-line fixture calendar to which you will be linking and where all fixtures are shown correctly.

3) on my iPad (iOS 5.1.1) where the amended fixtures (see above) are all shown twice, once as before amendment and once as after amendment.

I sync the iPad to the iMac via iTunes and not via the cloud.

If I understand The Major's PM on this matter correctly, and where he tells what he sees on 21 Sptember, he is also showing some duplcated fixtures, but not in the same way that I am - which makes me even more puzzled!

Quote:
Looking at Sep 21st:
iPhone is showing 1 entry, without tbc.
iPad is showing 1 entry, with tbc.
Google calendar (web) is showing 1 entry, without tbc
iCal on MBP is showing 1 entry, without tbc

For that date, my iPad is showing one event "tbc" and the other event not showing "tbc".

Make of that what you will! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I am going to try a few tests, so please bear with me for the next 24 to 48 hours whilst I play iDetective.

Rugbydon (IP Logged)
25 July, 2012 07:11
There's a lot of talk about shuttle buses from TC to the ground; a word of warning! If you intend to drive to TC, don't expect that parking spaces will always be available. On a recent visit to a Reds match I had to turn round and drive to the ground eventually getting one of the last spaces at Barton Aerodrome! The TC carpark was full and loads of cars were cruising around trying to park.

If I knew the TC area better maybe I could have found a space; I hear that the Chill Factor has spaces (also a Whetherspoons),

I can't drive anyway on a Friday night so hopefully there will be other transport means to TC.

(Sm124)

SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
25 July, 2012 07:16
Before we play Leinster there will be another 1900 spots available at the stadium. There are currently 600

iBozz (IP Logged)
25 July, 2012 08:16
I'm not sure how I can factor that in to the Calendar, Rugbydon!

Maybe if you set your update schedule for every few seconds, Swanny can let me know the number of spaces available second by second and then I can update the calendar in real time!

Mind you, I'd advise against trying to read your updated calendar whilst driving as PC Plod may take a dim view of it.

To get back on topic, it does seem to be some weird by-product of the glitch reported by Google and quoted above. Several technical forums are reporting problems with syncing, but no two errors and/or devices seem to be behaving alike.

snaderson isn't affected at all, The Major is affected, but in a different way than am I and my problem remains no matter what testing or correction attempts I carry out.

I guess we'll have to wait for Google to suss out what has gone wrong and correct it, but whether that correction will be retrospective I know not.

After he poked me in the ribs with a burnt stick, snaderson has prompted me to update the LV fixtures - I'll get on to that this evening.

iBozz (IP Logged)
25 July, 2012 10:02
OK, LV= now added. I have assumed that away games will be played on the Saturday at 3:00pm and home games on the Friday at 8:00pm - I'll amend the information as fixtures are confirmed.

I am a tad puzzled about The Iffy's asertion that the Final will be played on Sunday, 18th March 2013 as my calendars (all of then) have them show 18th March as a Monday.

I've assumed that the Final will be played on Sunday, 17th March.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2012 10:04 by iBozz.

iBozz (IP Logged)
26 July, 2012 18:32
Heineken Cup fixtures now added, with the following assumptions unless otherwise stated on the HC Official list ...

Home games will be played at 8:00pm on the Friday night of the allocated weekend and will be played at SCS - and not at a ground TBA as shown on their website right now.

Later stage away games (2013) are assumed to take place at 3:00pm on the Saturday of the allocated weekend - confirmation of exact times and dates is unlikely from the HC authorities until later this year.

E&OE, Caveat Emptor - let me know by PM of any mistakes or changes please.

iBozz (IP Logged)
06 June, 2013 17:26
Calendar updated for provisional dates in 2013/2014 Amlin Challenge Cup. Currently shown as "All Day" events for the three or four day slots - will be refined as further information becomes available.

E&OE, please PM me with any errors of omission or commission.

iBozz (IP Logged)
04 July, 2013 23:00
Downloadable calendar updated for Premiership 2013/2014,

E&OE - let me know by PM of any errors, please.

iBozz (IP Logged)
31 August, 2013 07:21
Please check out this short survey.

Diolch, as we "just started" Welsh learners would try to say!

Sharkys two (IP Logged)
21 September, 2013 16:29
Is it just me?

Downloaded iOS 7 on to my iPad and it's deleted the sale calendar. I can't seem to get it back....any ideas?

iBozz (IP Logged)
21 September, 2013 16:41
I sync via iTunes as I'm still on Snow Leopard, although I have gone up to iOS7 on the iPad. It still works for me, although the Sale calendar is linked to my iMac which then copies to the iPad so I guess iOS7 is irrelevant in my case as there is no direct link.

Have a look either on the independent iPad Forums or on the Apple Discussion Forums - if no-one has posted the problem sign up and ask it yourslef!

I hope someone else can help.

H's D (IP Logged)
21 September, 2013 16:42
Revert to iOS 6 and it will probably work again.

iBozz (IP Logged)
21 September, 2013 20:04
You can only do that from a Restore from a back-up - Apple don't generally allow regression.

But then everyone always backs-up when installing new software, of course.

Just a thought, sharky's two, have to reset your iPad after upgrading? It's always worthwhile and I do it as part of routine "housekeeping" anyway.

From the iPad Forum (posted by Mickey330) in response to another poster ...

Quote:
Have you tried to do a reset of the iPad? It usually helps to do one after an install of a new iOS; it helps to "settle in" the software.
To do (apologies if you know): Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Sharkys two (IP Logged)
22 September, 2013 21:25
Reset didn't work but I've deleted it and reinstalled so I'm now back up and running. Thanks for the advice.
I like iOS 7 so wasn't going to delete it for a calendar but it would have taken ages to input everything by hand :-)

iBozz (IP Logged)
23 September, 2013 00:45
Deleted and reinstalled what?

I don't [yet] have the problem but it's always useful to know just in case I do get it when taking the plunge and upping the OS from Snow leopard to mavericks 0 if I do.

I dislike Mountain Lion which is why I have never upgraded but I do miss iCloud syncing and have to do it via iTunes.

Sharkys two (IP Logged)
24 September, 2013 11:48
Sorry...the calendar

iBozz (IP Logged)
06 October, 2013 19:59
The update from Apple's iOS6 to iOS7 will probably have broken the subscription to this google hosted calendar.

The top post has now been updated by CEinthesun's explanation of how to subscribe under iOS7 but for ease of reference it is repeated here as well. But don't tell her that I've "tidied it up" a bit!

Quote:
CEinthesun
Thanks to CEonthesun for the following information on how to subscribe to the calendar under Apple's iOS71, the introduction of which broke the subscriptions set up under iOS6

Go to Settings > Mail Contacts Calendar > Accounts > Add account > Other > Add subscribed calendar

In the Server box paste ...

REMEMBER TO REMOVE SPACE BETWEEN the colon and slashes.

Click Next at the top right, wait while it verifies and you should then see a Subscription Panel, then click save.

SSL should be On and remove Alarm should be off.

Click Save and the calendar should now appear in your own device calendars.

In Accounts, you should now see Sale Sharks Official Fixture List 2010/11

She then goes on to add, woundingly: Ignore the fact iBozz got the sodding year wrong he's getting old and doesn't know what day of the week it is let alone they year!

Batwoman (IP Logged)
11 October, 2013 07:27
Help please - I've deliberately avoided upgrading from iOS6 but my calendar has stopped working... have tried the on/off approach and checked settings. must have missed something - advices welcome! In English, please smiling smiley

iBozz (IP Logged)
11 October, 2013 08:51
Are you still on iOS6 or have you taken the plunge and finally upgraded to iOS7?

Batwoman (IP Logged)
05 November, 2013 23:01
Def not plunged yet - and will avoid doing so for as long as poss, so many people having issues with iOS7 has put me off.

So - no joy yet but when i get back from holds I'll try deleting and resubscribing.

Will think of you all when I'm sunning myself on the beach in Cuba smiling smiley

iBozz (IP Logged)
05 November, 2013 23:44
I've not had too many issues with iOS7 and those I have had, part from the upgrade breaking the Google calendar link, have been mainly of getting used to it.

It has some nifty features and, when I was in Spain, it ate battery power like it was going out of fashion (turning on Aircraft mode and then turning on wifi solved that one.

Oddly, since I've been back in Blighty the battery problem has gone away. Whether this is because Apple have added a fix to the 7.0.3 update, whether it is because of the cooler temperatures here or whether it just finds getting things done in Spain is harder work I know not - we'll have to ask one of our ex-pats to let us know if battery life is still an issue there.

iBozz (IP Logged)
04 July, 2014 18:41
Aviva 2014/2015 Fixtures added - be advised that only the first 6 rounds are currently confirmed, Round 7 and onwards are subject to television selections,

E&OE: please advise me of any errors of commission or omission.

iBozz (IP Logged)
03 July, 2015 17:56
2105/2016 AP fixtures added.

E&OE, please PM me with any mistakes!

Mellor Shark (IP Logged)
07 September, 2015 12:29
Is there a specific reason why the KotN games have disappeared from the calendar? I'm sure they were there a few weeks ago.

iBozz (IP Logged)
07 September, 2015 19:26
They are still there, on "my" calendar at least - have you done a refresh?

I can't recall seeing them on The Iffy's version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2015 19:29 by iBozz.

45jumper (IP Logged)
22 January, 2016 10:34
Oops, double post! Ignore me. Post is below this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2016 10:37 by 45jumper.

45jumper (IP Logged)
22 January, 2016 10:34
Been a member of this board for some time but for some reason have only just visited this thread - have now put it on my phone with no issues. This will solve a lot of problems with my other half when I can't remember when Sale are playing! Thanks, iBozz! thumbs down smiling smiley

iBozz (IP Logged)
22 January, 2016 16:44
Glad it still works, I rarely get any feedback!

The Iffy do one but, although I say it myself, it is frequently way out of date. It still shows last night's rather important Newport Gwent Dragons game as TBC at playable at any time today, tomorrow or Sunday and has the Leicester away game on the wrong day and at the wrong time.

I do try to keep up to date but sometimes changes slip by unnoticed so if anyone spots an error or unmade update please PM me the information.

iBozz (IP Logged)
07 July, 2016 18:36
Updated for 2016/2017 AP fixtures, but note that many home games start at 8:15pm!

iBozz (IP Logged)
08 July, 2016 08:11
I've also included pre-season friendlies:

Saturday, 13 August 2016:

Jets v Sale FC at Heywood Road, 12:00noon
Sale v Fylde at Heywood Road, 4:00pm

Friday, 19 August 2016:

TBC Sale v Edinburgh at Heywood Road, 7:00pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2016 11:41 by iBozz.

stevene (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 17:19
deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/06/2017 16:30 by stevene.

iBozz (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 14:04
Subscribable Calendar updated - E&OE so please tell me of any errors of commission or omission by PM only or else I may not see them.

Please note that dates and times on or after 2 December are to be confirmed so I have assumed that home games will be on a Friday night at 7:45pm and away games on a Saturday afternoon at 3:00pm. However, you should not make any firm plans until the dates and times are confirmed by the Club.

Can anyone help me with the Castres location? The Iffy says that it is at "Rodez" yet the address of Castres Olympique is Stade Pierre Antoine, Rue De Bissťous, Castres, 81100 and no way can I, as a Times crossword fan, get Rodez out of that - there is no 'z' for a start so an anagram is out of the question! Again, PM only please.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net