rugbyunion
Latest News:

SSSC NEW WEBSITE!
Basque-ing Shark (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 04:36
Welcome to
SALE SHARKS SUPPORTERS CLUB's NEW WEBSITE!

Click here

We hope you enjoy using our new site and
find it informative, helpful, accurate and fun to use!

Praise and/or constructive suggestions for improving our new site is most welcome
and should be directed to the webmaster@salesupporters.co.uk

smiling smiley

Re: SSSC NEW WEBSITE!
Bull Shark (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 07:34
Looks a lot better-well done Roger.
Not sure about the gallery section....the photos date back to 2007 and I'm under the weather, so to speak, in most of them... I swear I was just holding that glass of wine for someone else!!!
Lets get some more recent photos up there.

snaderson (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 08:27
Link not working for me at the moment. I get a message from "1&1" viz

THIS DOMAIN NAME HAS JUST BEEN REGISTERED FOR ONE OF OUR CUSTOMERS!

Levellershark (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 08:31
Sanderson, try using www.salesupporters.co.uk/sale-sharks/. I first tried to look at website using chrome and got the same screen as you. It works on Safari ok

Drinking doesn't cause hangovers, waking up in the morning does!

17 February, 2012 09:50
Photo gallery.
Bull Shark.... Be nice to me, I have other photos that I refrained from publishing! smiling smiley
Current photos just came to hand for 'test' purposes.
If anyone wants to forward to me their own pics for publication, feel free but please give each one a title of some description.

snadders.... I originally had a similar problem, keep persevering. Firstly try emptying your cache and zap any current links you may have to the old site and start again. As search engines realise that the old site is no longer, this should help too. I'm now using Crome and after 3 days it's now working perfectly!

Gandalfzz (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 09:59
Good one
Works well with Windows 7 and IE9

I am anyones equal, but no ones superior

snaderson (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 11:04
Thanks for the tip, Leveller. Now browsing happily. Looks good, Roger.

iBozz (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 11:08
It works fine with Safari, Firefox, Camino, Opera and Chrome under MacOSX.6.8/Snow Leopard.

Bravo, Basque-ing, et al! (Sm53)

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s38/smilies-17395.png

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

StBleach (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 11:47
Nice site - by the way, you have "The Rover" listed on your Map of places to drink - it is now shut, just in case you were planning to meet there. You havent listed The Foundry which along with Tomas a Beckit remain favourites - not sure if anyone goes into the St James working mens club anymore. Have a safe journey.

Levellershark (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:02
Yes, have got the website to work properly now.

Drinking doesn't cause hangovers, waking up in the morning does!

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:09
Quote:
Basque-ing Shark
Photo gallery.
Bull Shark.... Be nice to me, I have other photos that I refrained from publishing! smiling smiley
Current photos just came to hand for 'test' purposes.
If anyone wants to forward to me their own pics for publication, feel free but please give each one a title of some description.

I'd better get in touch with my lawyer!!!!! and bare in mind that for any such photo of me I have one of you!
I'll send you some over the weekend-can you pm me your email address as I have numerous 1-off hotel booking emails for you.

Staffskeef (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 16:09
Congratulations to SSSC - the new site looks superb.
Glad to be a member.

17 February, 2012 16:34
It looks great - other than to my eyes the main photo on the home page isn't very sharp. I realise it's supposed to be an impressionist image conveying youthful enthusiasm. That's a minor cavil but my eye was drawn towards it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2012 16:48 by Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 18:00
Some random comments:

1) It makes a nice change going to a site and finding it to be pretty much up-and-running properly from the start. No grand announcement, only then to find mostly blank pages.

2) What also makes a refreshing change is to have photos and contact details for most of the officials. I'm sure the few missing will follow soon.

3) photo gallery: I wouldn't have expected that to be completed for opening day. I'm sure it will build up. May I make a plea to anyone who sends photos in: date and title each album so it's easy for the readers to know when and where the photos were taken (also, if possible name the people on the photo). For me it's best done as "yyyy/mm/dd title".

4) fairly easy to navigate.

5) overall a good job. Well done to all involved.

iBozz (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 09:27
Webmaster - you have email - in the hopes that your address is working.

I'm getting bounced emails from clicking on Joe's vice-chairman address so I've sent you the rejection message.

I don't begin to understand it, nor do I know if it's a problem at your end or with gmail - maybe your knowledge of email errors is greater than mine - which is not difficult.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

19 February, 2012 11:54
iBozz... You have email:

Quote:
Hi Roy,

Thank you for your email.

I sent an email from my personal account to 'vice-chairman@salesupporters.co.uk' (using the link on the committee page of our New Website) to check our new 1&1 hosted email client.

Attached is a copy of 'vice-chairman@salesupporters.co.uk' Inbox, displaying my email received (but not yours). Both 'Spam' & 'Trash' boxes are empty.

Also, attached is a copy of the receipt I received for the email I sent to 'vice-chairman@salesupporters.co.uk'.

I can confirm that there is no problem at 'our end' and suggest you make enquiries at 'your end'.

Best regards,

Roger

iBozz (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 12:48
You too have email, Roger, as do you Joe - I hope!

I have tracked the problem to the fact that, even though I clicked on the link on the website, the address in the email became (don't ask me how, I've trawled my system history, Address Book and Mail application to find a source - without success) vice-chairman@salesupporters.com and not .co.uk

Far too many years spent in and around IT and IT security have taught me never to be surprised at anything that happens with computers, but there is usually a rational explanation lurking somewhere (even on The Dark Side!) if you look long and hard enough.

in this case, I can now see what it is (the changed extension), but cannot find any reason why or how it occurred.

I shall await what I hope will be an acknowledgment from Joe that the second missive has indeed arrived.

Thanks for your help.

19 February, 2012 13:56
Zapped

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2012 20:06 by Basque-ing Shark.

iBozz (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 14:07
Roger

I cannot see where I have suggested that the fault arose from the new website:

Quote:
in this case, I can now see what it is (the changed extension), but cannot find any reason why or how it occurred.

I can find no source on my system, but that doesn't imply that it isn't there - merely that I cannot find it.

Nowhere did I say or imply that it was YOUR problem.

iBozz (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 14:24
I can see where Roger may have misinterpreted something I wrote - not from the above exchange but from an off-board email where I was seeking advice and where, inter alia, I wrote:

I cannot for the life of me see where the .com address comes from - it came from clicking on the link in the website.

That was a statement of fact, that is how the .com address came to be in the email sent to Joe and which bounced and was intended to show that i had not typed the address in character by character so was not a typo by me.

I have not criticised the website for having incorrect links and i still have no idea where the .com domain came from.

I have forwarded the error message to gmail for them to investigate as they are the ones who generated the error report.

19 February, 2012 14:48
Zapped

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2012 20:07 by Basque-ing Shark.

iBozz (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 15:14
I quoted directly by copying and pasting from your email, not from any post above so I can't have quoted "the wrong paragraph from your post above".

The full quote was ...

Quote:
Hi, Roger

I think I have found the answer, although I do not understand how the problem arose.

The email which I sent to Joe originally was addressed to vice-chairman@salesupporters.com and not vice-chairman@salesupporters.co.uk

I cannot for the life of me see where the .com address comes from - it came from clicking on the link in the website (but it comes up as co.uk just now), it is not in my address book and does not appear in any previous recipient list in my Mail program!

Bizarre.

I've sent a second email to Joe and, so far, it hasn't bounced.

These things are sent to try us but, after many years in IT and IT security, nothing surprises me any longer.

Thanks for your response.

Regards

Roy

You say ...

Quote:
These remarks clearly allude to our new website being responsible.

They don't, or certainly weren't meant so to do.

I repeat ...

Quote:

... a statement of fact: I ... cannot find any reason why or how it occurred.

I still can't.

We'll have to agree to disagree over what I meant.

I repeat what i said earlier ... Bravo, Basque-ing, et al!

19 February, 2012 16:26
OK iBozz.... My hands are up, 'Pax'!

As long as we're all happy and communicating OK that's fine....

Have a nice day,

Peace be with us all and the world smiling smiley

It remains a mystery.............
(Sm56)

iBozz (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 17:39
And peace be unto ye also, mon très bon ami. (Sm42)

An unfortunate misunderstanding now forgotten! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net