Latest News:
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Cipriani to sale
Posted by: Printerland Annie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 10:39

Quote:
philuk1uk
I like Cipriani, but in my opinion the pitch at Edgeley Park is just not condusive to running, exciting rugby, so it would be difficult for any 10 no matter how creative they are, but I think he would be a good signing.

Is the pitch at Barton conducive to running, exciting rugby?

Posted by: Olyy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 10:51

It's a league pitch, so you'd expect so tongue sticking out smiley

The thing with EP is that it isn't that narrow, it's just the boards are close to the touchlines.
I believe it's wider than Welford road, and one or two others.

The other day (Worcester game, I think) the commentators said "It's a fact that Edgeley Park is the narrowest pro rugby pitch", grrr!

Posted by: RebelShark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 11:09

Well the boy definately has skills!!!!!!!!!!!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: StaffordShark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 11:14

Reading the telegraph article, set to be announced later this week, possibly before the game on friday, all its waiting for is Cipriani's signature!

Posted by: yukon (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 11:48

As I read on the Wasps forum, I think he might be making this decision with a little fore thought. He is much less likely to be bothered by the press in Manchester than London and he is also far less likely to end up in trouble with a post-op transexual up here!

Date: 22 February, 2012 12:24

Just read that thread too - There's also the factor that, what Paparazzi there is in Manchester will be more preoccupied with all of the footballers swanning around than some (comparatively) no name rugby player.

Posted by: Mozzer (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 12:49

Really? I think Cipriani is still a reasonably well-known name outside of RU circles, mainly for what he's done off the park rather than on it. Whether that's fair or not is immaterial here. If he misbehaves it'll get in the press. Manchester isn't some backwater and if he's being an idiot then the chances are he'll be doing it with footballers who are idiots as well.

People will be watching for him to slip up as well - we all know the media love that sort of story (as do the public who buy it). I think he'll need to be well advised and reasonably sensible if he wants to avoid the press for non-RU activities.

A rush and a push and the land that we stand on is ours
It has been before
So it shall be again
And people who are uglier than you and I
They take what they need, and just leave

Date: 22 February, 2012 13:01

Hence: Comparatively.
Wayne Rooney etc. will garner far more attention than he would, I think.

Posted by: Mozzer (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 13:26

Well, yes. But then that's always been true. It hasn't stopped him generating the sort of stories to which people have been referring. If he misbehaved would those actions help to generate the wrong headlines for Sale? I think they would. I'm not sure 'Rooney would get more column inches for the same behaviour' is much of a defence.

Not so long ago one or two of your players found themselves in the local press for a bit of what might generously be regarded as 'the foolish behaviour of youth.' To me they were nobodies (which is no disrepect to them, but I am talking here in the sense of media profile and its importance in creating stories). If Cipriani is your biggest ever signing (or thereabouts) you can be certain that what he does in Manc pubs and clubs will be of interests to more than the local rag.

I should add that I'm not suggesting he will cause an issue in this regard. I know no more about him than can be read in the press and I take that with a barrel of salt in any event. I'm just saying that he is a big enough name in enough of the spotlight to attract the headlines if he does step out of line.

Unless he chooses to sniff coke off a naked woman's midriff on the same night that Mario Balotelli drunkenly crashes into the cenotaph in St Peters Square in a limo full of ladies of the night, whilst brandishing a gun at anyone who dares to report him to the Old Bill, then I think you can assume any naughty behaviour will be on the media radar.

A rush and a push and the land that we stand on is ours
It has been before
So it shall be again
And people who are uglier than you and I
They take what they need, and just leave

Posted by: H's D (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 13:36

Yep, he'll certainly need a social coordinator!
What nights do they let Balotelli out?(Sm100)(Sm6)

Frankly it's likely to have no greater effect than that which Dimes has been achieving recently with his comments.

I think we should sign him!(Sm85)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 22/02/2012 13:37 by H's D.

Posted by: maddog080485 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 14:35

According to Twitter agent - this is nowhere near a done deal and is pure speculation

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 14:48

Where is this on twitter, could you link me the account? thanks

Follow me on Twitter @SaleSharks23

Check out my cricket forum - View From The Boundary

Date: 22 February, 2012 17:39

Date: 22 February, 2012 17:41

Ah, shame.
I've actually worked with Oli Ward before, getting an interview with James Haskell, as he's his agent too (another reason I though, and now think again, that he's Wasps bound).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/02/2012 17:47 by Olyy.

Date: 22 February, 2012 18:36

Why isnt danny's profile on their website then, as you would have thought as one of their most high profile clients he would feature on the site

Date: 22 February, 2012 19:05

No idea - Cipriani could be with an Australian agency but have Ward as his UK side agent as he worked with him pre-move?
It is odd though.

Date: 22 February, 2012 19:13

Could this ward guy just want publicity?

Date: 22 February, 2012 19:42

Don't think so - I know he's definitely been working with Cipriani recently (he mentioned it around the time of the Barbarians match).
Maybe it's on a freelance basis rather than with the company he's working for?

Date: 22 February, 2012 19:44

Maybe lets hope what he says isnt true and its announced very soon!

Posted by: hookjaw (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 20:08

I thought this may be of intrest to all the doubting thomas chappies out there.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Really goes to show you can not believe all you read in the press and also despite what some think those with a far greater knowledge of rugby than themselves still believe that D C is the real deal and Sale Sharks would (I really hope will) be very lucky to get him at our stage of rebuild.

Posted by: Timpers (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 21:26

You could well be right about the pitch at Edgeley Park, but what about Salford Reds' pitch!

Posted by: stevene (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2012 09:26

half the problem knowing what from what is you have loads of different agents claiming to represent cipriani

you have oli holt, caroline mcateer and emanuel Palladino all 'represent' him and all work for different agencies. so god knows what the truth is.

will believe it when I see it announced by the club, otherwise not that fussed.

whilst the club is getting loads of nice free PR they are going to look like right chumps if his agent(s) are using the club as a stalking horse to get him a deal somewhere else. lets hope the club have some element of control on this.

Date: 24 February, 2012 08:07

Still no news about him actually signing the contract. Bearing in mind that, due to the time difference, it is now already Friday evening in Melbourne, it is beginning to look a bit ominous.

Unless the signing is going to be a 'big announcement' at EP tonight.....

(Sm105)

Posted by: Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2012 08:42

Perhaps, after the houndings that Swanny has had on here in the past, they are waiting for a hard copy signature to wing its way from the other side of the planet before making an announcement...

Date: 24 February, 2012 13:30

Interview with Cipriani says he is speaking to Melbourne as well as clubs in England. Will be sorted very soon but he hasn't signed for anyone yet.

Date: 24 February, 2012 13:47

Neil Leigh of the MEN has just tweeted that 'I am led to believe that no news could be good news in this case'.

Posted by: mikeledgar (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2012 16:27

Cracking player and the sort of name that will put bums on seats , has is issues of course but a gamble worth taking for me

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2012 17:06

Neil Fissler has tweeted that DC has four agents "hawking" him around the AP.

Looks as if they're trying to turn a buyer's market into a seller's.

Date: 24 February, 2012 17:32

I'd take everything Fissler says with a grain of salt: he gets most of his scoops. from these boards. The Saints board tested this by talking about Jon davies signing for them, low and and behold his column "broke" that it was a done deal a few days later.

Posted by: Rugbydon (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2012 17:57

Every time I read something about Cips in the Press, they describe him as 'goodlooking'; and these are male reporters!
Well, the last photo I saw of him he looked a bit bashed up and wild eyed with unkempt hair and beard. I think Nick Macloud looks positively suave and groomed by comparison. Is this a measure of how good their rugby is?

Bit O/T I think! (Sm158)

Date: 25 February, 2012 09:58

A friend of mine was entertained in hospitality at EP last night. Apparently Dimes spoke to the assembled throng and informed them that:

a) Cipriani is now a done deal and a formal announcement will be made on Tuesday

b) an announcement about Barton will be made in the next two weeks after 'one or two loose ends have been ironed out'.

Might have been nice to tell the fans this before the corporates but hey.

Date: 25 February, 2012 10:17

Quote:
Printerland Annie
A friend of mine was entertained in hospitality at EP last night. Apparently Dimes spoke to the assembled throng and informed them that:
a) Cipriani is now a done deal and a formal announcement will be made on Tuesday

b) an announcement about Barton will be made in the next two weeks after 'one or two loose ends have been ironed out'.

Might have been nice to tell the fans this before the corporates but hey.

If this is true then the club should be ashamed of themselves.
If it is a done deal and it could be announced then why not to the paying fans that turn up week after week.

What an opportunity missed to the loyal fans especially after the please stay behind for a big announcement last time, great way to make ammends NOT!

I have supported the club against a lot of issues others felt were poorly handeled but the club have lost me completley on this one.

If cooprorate are more important than the 7000ish fans that turn up then this is the perfect way of showing it.

Im totally ticked off but you have probably already guessed that.

Posted by: Flyingshark (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2012 10:23

Crikey HJ chill...!!! It's not exactly news is it Jeeez

And as for Cipriani, after McLeod's game last night he'll be warming the bench anyway....

Date: 25 February, 2012 10:31

The announcement regarding Barton simply means that 'Sale will go to Barton', otherwise why announce anything?

In view of the mass of posts regarding concerns over access it's time for Sale Sharks to come clean as to whether they are interested in supporters attending their games at Barton or whether it's simply for the bloody 'Corporates' and their reserved parking bays!!

Sale Sharks complete indifference to their Supporters lead me to the inevitable conclusion. I do hope SS do well in the future though because then I can watch them on the telebox!

Date: 25 February, 2012 10:38

Quote:
Flyingshark
And as for Cipriani, after McLeod's game last night he'll be warming the bench anyway....

Sorry Flying Shark....I was not aware it had been announced anywhere that it was a done deal already.

Quite the contrary...lots of speculation but no back up...

Why could this be announced last night to coorporate and not the fans ??

Any answers gladly accepted and that is my annoyance

...not just for myself but all the fans that travel long distances and sit in the rain and pay their hard earned cash,as opposed to a group whose % actually interested in rugby can be measured week in week out by the time they decide to leave the bar and disturb those trying to watch the game.

NOTE I have personally been to numerous coorporate events and I am not personally affected by their lateness from the bars....But many others are.

Maybe I am just in a bit of a grump today but I personally think the club have got this one completley wrong.....

OF COURSE ASSUMING Printerland Annie is informed correctly ????? To be confirmed?

Re McCleod...He had a great game and his kicking is some of the best in the premiership without question....We will forgive the minor error for touch!

Posted by: Flyingshark (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2012 10:45

I think you'll find it was Miller who missed the touch non-finder HJ ;-) McLeod took over after that.

And hey, I didn't mean to be a wind up,but you illustrate the point when you say it wasn't an official announcement to the corporates as it would then be all over the press but they've just been given a nod and a wink exactly the same as us.

I'm sure "when the ink is dry" there'll be an anouncement about the announcement and we'll all be told officially.

Fort what it's worth I know someone close to someone VERY high up and he says it's a done deal as well... but... and BUT.. the ink is not yet dry!! So ALL just rumours at the mo...

Date: 25 February, 2012 10:54

Quote:
hookjaw
Quote:
Flyingshark

Sorry Flying Shark....I was not aware it had been announced anywhere that it was a done deal already.

Quite the contrary...lots of speculation but no back up...

Why could this be announced last night to coorporate and not the fans ??

Any answers gladly accepted and that is my annoyance

...not just for myself but all the fans that travel long distances and sit in the rain and pay their hard earned cash,as opposed to a group whose % actually interested in rugby can be measured week in week out by the time they decide to leave the bar and disturb those trying to watch the game.

NOTE I have personally been to numerous coorporate events and I am not personally affected by their lateness from the bars....But many others are.

Maybe I am just in a bit of a grump today but I personally think the club have got this one completley wrong.....

OF COURSE ASSUMING Printerland Annie is informed correctly ????? To be confirmed?

Re McCleod...He had a great game and his kicking is some of the best in the premiership without question....We will forgive the minor error for touch!

My friend is a keen rugby supporter who attends EP regularly and is an intelligent and level-headed chap. I have no reason to disbelieve him. Maybe someone else who was there at the time can confirm?

Posted by: clutch (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2012 13:09

I diagree. I thought Macleod was 'fine' and his goalkicking was first rate, as it has been for a while. However with so much quick front foot ball a quality 10 would have destroyed the opposition. Whilst he delivered some good ball from 10, some was wasteful, plus his all round kicking game was poor, not that it mattered!!

Cipriani will have his own flaws of course, and if he does arrive will be VERY frustrating at times. Regardless, I can't see his signing being anything other than a massive step in in quality. His goalkicking isn't great, so Macleod could play somewhere else perhaps. Difficult selection dilemma, with a goalkicker of such quality.

Posted by: Peregrine (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2012 13:31

Well we will know on Tuesday if it’s a done deal.

Dimes does seem to have a problem keeping his thoughts to himself hence his ban.

Though if we keep improving as we have so far under his stewardship I for one can forgive him his indiscretions

Date: 25 February, 2012 13:32

I don't really care to be honest! Diamond is a constant source of amusement with his indiscretions. We keep improving and he keep signing quality players!!

Date: 26 February, 2012 12:15

Neil Leigh, on twitter, saying a Cipriani decision coming next week.

Maybe he was waiting to see our match v Wasps to make a decision which to go to? (Sm100)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/02/2012 12:17 by Olyy.

Posted by: Mrs Trellis of North Wales (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2012 13:08

On the other hand ESPN has DC saying it's not a done deal.

[www.espnscrum.com]

Posted by: Staffskeef (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2012 19:22

With Dimes' interview plus Andy Powell saying how it would be good in MEN it does seem a steady priming of the supporters for what will be a risk/ controversial signing. Today's Rugby Paper has a good article on Nick entitled "cipriani holds no fear for Macleod ".Nick says "Danny Cipriani is part of Steve's plans to attract world class international players to the club and add to the squad". More teamwork to convince us! Trust Dimes just hope it's the team and teamwork that is enhanced and not endangered by one signing.

Posted by: Staffskeef (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2012 19:51

Also found in The Rugby Paper comment from Colin Boag who doesn't always find favour but says about all the names being banded about "None polarises opinion like Danny Cipriani's".
He's right it sent message boards into overdrive with almost every club had a thread and "while opinion was split, it was always strong".
He goes on to say "One thing's for certain: a Cipriani with his sensible head on would be an asset to any club, and should he lapse again, I can't think of anyone better to explain the error of his ways than Sale's chief executive Steve Diamond".
I'm starting to become more positive about the possibility of him being a Shark next season!

Posted by: PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2012 23:58

Cipriani interviewd on Fox Sports yesterday saying he would make a decision within 2 weeks. Apparently Rebels are very keen to have him stay.

They had a bye in first weekend of Super XV, another weeek to wait to see how his form is.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/2451156279081.gif
We are the angry mob. We read the papers every day. We like who we like, we hate who we hate, but we're also easily swayed.

Posted by: Tony_At_Wuss (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2012 13:20

If this article is to be believed, he might be counting himself lucky to be in a position to play for anyone next season!

At least it sounds like no-one was injured in the car crash.

Déjà vu? I’ve seen it all before!

[www.tonybanksimages.co.uk]

Date: 27 February, 2012 13:39

Car failed to take a bend. Journo speak for driving too fast?

Date: 27 February, 2012 14:13

Quote:
PoyntonShark
Cipriani interviewd on Fox Sports yesterday saying he would make a decision within 2 weeks. Apparently Rebels are very keen to have him stay.
They had a bye in first weekend of Super XV, another weeek to wait to see how his form is.

and Sky are choosing not to televise it as well - apparently having the same show on two of their channels, and a repeat of a wrestling show on the third, takes precedence on a Friday morning (Sm105)

Posted by: MikeGC (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2012 18:16

not worth a new thread but someone at the Torygraph thinks it's a done deal

Danny Cipriani signs three-year deal with Sale Sharks in hope of reviving England career

Quote:
Torygraph
Danny Cipriani, the former England fly-half, is set to return to the Aviva Premiership next season having agreed a deal to join Sale Sharks, The Telegraph can reveal.
Cipriani, who is about to start his second Super 15 season with the Melbourne Rebels, is believed to have agreed a three-year deal following the conclusion of negotiations between Sale and the player’s representatives on Tuesday.

Posted by: SB14 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2012 18:19

It says 'is believed' to have signed a deal, not definitely, absolutely has.

Posted by: Glossopshark (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2012 18:23

I think this is the same report that was filed on the 22nd Feb

Date: 27 February, 2012 18:34

Yeah that article has been put on this thread about 3 times now

Date: 28 February, 2012 00:14

Tony at Wuss, WA Today shouldnot be considered the most reliable source, trust me. I'm not suggesting the Herald Sun is infallible either but -

Herald Sun claims the accident took place on Monday morning, that Cipriani was on his way to training and arrived late and informed the club of the incident, no other players mentioned, aslo claims that the other car was being driven not parked.

Herald Sun

3 disagreements over basic facts of the case, I wonder how reliebale the papers' informants are?

We are the angry mob. We read the papers every day. We like who we like, we hate who we hate, but we're also easily swayed.

Posted by: fountain shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2012 01:07

It might be a bit late or i might be a bit thick but are the two reports of a car crash two different crashes the one in poyntons link being from last may where as t at w's is from last week?

Date: 28 February, 2012 05:40

I noticed the May date on the page, but it also states it was updated yesterday. It never occured to me that there could be 2 seperate incidents, mainly because I don't remember it being reported last year. When all the minutiae of Ciprianis life makes headlines, you would have thought it hard to miss.

Posted by: The Original Edinburgh Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2012 08:27

O/T

Quote:
clutch
I don't really care to be honest! Diamond is a constant source of amusement with his indiscretions. We keep improving and he keep signing quality players!!

Disagree on this, I have an irrational dislike of Newcastle solely due to Squeaky's time there, I fear SD could make us the new team people love to hate. May not bother some, but unless I could see some benefit to us for the indiscretions I'd rather he kept it to himself.

Date: 28 February, 2012 10:17

People don't like Andrew because he is perceived as being a stuck up. smug a hole. Not something you could accuse of Diamond!

Posted by: safc_shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2012 13:30

Link. We are now in advanced talks

Thanks for sorting out the link, works filters didn't like it at all

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2012 17:01 by safc_shark.

Date: 28 February, 2012 15:50

Wouldn't like the phone bill! What with Cips being in Australia and our CEO in Stockport.

Posted by: SB14 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2012 16:11

Read it again - more closely - 'thought to be' in advanced talks, not actually in them.

Posted by: Gandalfzz (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2012 16:39

H'sD £5 a month for all international calls is all I pay.

I am anyones equal, but no ones superior

Date: 28 February, 2012 16:48

This thread is a car crash that has already happened, or is that two....or even three..? Groundhog days indeed?

Posted by: emerging shark (IP Logged)
Date: 28 February, 2012 16:50

Try SKYPE....

Date: 28 February, 2012 17:05

We're talking Sale Sharks Management here emerging!
Get real!

Date: 28 February, 2012 17:57

Quote:
Edinburgh Shark
Disagree on this, I have an irrational dislike of Newcastle solely due to Squeaky's time there, I fear SD could make us the new team people love to hate. May not bother some, but unless I could see some benefit to us for the indiscretions I'd rather he kept it to himself.

Glad it isn't just me, I'm finding SD more irritating than I ever found Mr Cipriani

Date: 28 February, 2012 18:24

*****posted in the wrong place*****

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2012 18:26 by Olyy.

Date: 28 February, 2012 18:27

Many of us have made their feelings about Squeaky (RFU's Mr Teflon) in these posts recently. But Mark Souster's rant in the Times about him after Jonno's resignation, left me scouring the press the following day for 'writs' from the RFU. None came, but yesterday in the Times he had another go, suggesting that Ian Ritchie's first task as the RFU's new CE should be to sack him!

I agree!

Posted by: tbird (IP Logged)
Date: 29 February, 2012 10:31

Gavin Mairs (Telegraph) saying on Twitter this morning that Cipriani to Sale Sharks will be announced soon.

Posted by: Shep23 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 February, 2012 11:05

Just like a yes/no to be announced soon. If we get Cips, we only need to re sign A'uva, get in a further decent prop, and maybe either an extra wing or a playmaking centre and we will be a force to be reckoned with

Date: 29 February, 2012 11:23

I don't think we'd need the extra wing/centre.
We've already got (brackets = player who can cover) :
Centre: Tuitupou, Leota, Burrell, Higgins, (Macleod), (Addison), Jennings, (Cipriani?)
Wing: Cueto, Tuculet, Brady, Addison, Amesbury, (Burrell), (Higgins)

I'd like to see another prop, just in the name of depth.
Not sure who/what side though as we will have:

LH: Lewis-Roberts, Imiolek, Harrison, (Cobilas - if re-signed)
TH: Cobilas(?), Buckley, (Lewis-Roberts)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/02/2012 11:26 by Olyy.

Date: 29 February, 2012 11:23

personally and subject to fourie getting fit I am not sure we will re-sign auva'a for next season. however I would imagine he will attract some interest from other clubs in england. certainly seems a popular player.

get the impression we will only make one other signing if we sign celebriani and it will possibly be a back. maybe not a stellar name just some to add a bit of depth possibly at centre.

Date: 29 February, 2012 11:28

latest on celebriani from the MEN:

"Meanwhile, Diamond remains hopeful of shortly wrapping up negotiations to bring England fly-half Danny Cipriani back to England from next season.

A deal is in place but with Cipriani preparing for Melbourne Rebels’ opening Super 15 game of the new season against Waratahs on Friday, it may not be concluded this week."

I don't see what the issue is personally. either he wants to sign for us or he doesn't. just seems like he is being tarted around and if no one better bites he will sign for us. once a tart always a....

Date: 29 February, 2012 11:36

Olly, I agree, we don't need more Centres or wings.
Don't forget Thornley and Bell, both playing well for Leeds.
I think Addison will force his way into the Squad on a regular basis. Sale need to leave 'space' to motivate young talent otherwise they will go elsewhere.

Posted by: shaftesbury shark (IP Logged)
Date: 29 February, 2012 11:41

I think Addison is best suited to centre, not wing, from what I have seen this season.

With Thornley hopefully to come I don't think we need centres.

Although we have a few guys who can play well enough there I still feel we need a specialist FB, especially one with a big, accurate boot on them.

Perhaps that is where Mcleod will end up.

Otherwise it is Miller, Cueto, Bell & Tuculet to cover?

Date: 29 February, 2012 12:11

I have a feeling that we won't re-sign Thornley, to be honest.
I think he'll sign for Leeds at the end of the season.

Date: 29 February, 2012 12:23

I still think we would benefit greatly from another 3/4. We have plenty of names, but they are either young players, or solid, more experienced players. I think we need someone with established class, if they are available.

Thornley wasn't a Diamond signing, and by the end of this season I expect Thornley will be the only remaining Brewer signing; make of that what you will. Though he was referred to as 'the future of the club' by someone at Sale, so who knows. He looked like he had the basic raw attributes to play.

Posted by: 45jumper (IP Logged)
Date: 29 February, 2012 12:57

Quote:
clutch
Thornley wasn't a Diamond signing, and by the end of this season I expect Thornley will be the only remaining Brewer signing; make of that what you will. Though he was referred to as 'the future of the club' by someone at Sale, so who knows. He looked like he had the basic raw attributes to play.

I believe Thornley was lured over by Unsworth, and from what I can remember, he has a year left on his deal.
It seems as though he's playing well for Leeds, and having him, Bell (who can play 12) and Jordan Davies back from long-term loans there will ensure that our stocks at centre are more than healthy: for next season we'll have Tuitupou, Leota, Burrell, Davies, Bell and Thornley. McLeod and Addison have shown they're more than capable there too, so we've no need at all for another one.

Posted by: Timpers (IP Logged)
Date: 29 February, 2012 18:39

From the BBC website yesterday "Sale in advanced Cipriani talks - Sale Sharks are understood to be close to securing a deal for former England fly-half Danny Cipriani, BBC Radio Manchester understands."

Non news, well done BBC. They omitted to mention that Thursday is understood to follow Wednesday and contrary to popular opinion, day follows night.

Date: 29 February, 2012 18:41

It's not like the BBC to be several days behind with Rugby news.....ahem....

Posted by: FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
Date: 29 February, 2012 19:18

Re Olyy's list of props - hope I haven't missed anything, and you've just left Henry Thomas off your list by mistake!

Posted by: Barend (IP Logged)
Date: 29 February, 2012 19:22

On the BBC note, it was also mentioned on North West Tonight too....

Posted by: Frodo Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 29 February, 2012 19:36

Quote:
FarnhamShark
Re Olyy's list of props - hope I haven't missed anything, and you've just left Henry Thomas off your list by mistake!

Dickinson?

Date: 29 February, 2012 19:37

Im compiling a list of chants for as many of the players as i can. However i need some help finishing them off so any help will be appreciated

Sale Sharks Player Chants

Date: 29 February, 2012 19:45

Quote:
FarnhamShark

Argh, you're right.
Plus Dickinson, like Frodo Shark said.

Should be OK for props next season, presuming that Cobilas stays on.

Date: 02 March, 2012 07:05

Rebels first match will be streaming on here (8:40 kick off) from Aussie TV:
[www.vipbox.tv]

Date: 02 March, 2012 10:19

Cips needs tO mprove his line kicking!

Date: 02 March, 2012 12:31

Aye, wasn't his best performance.
Did well ball in hand, always looking to attack, and made a few breaks - never had much in the way of support though! Looked hard to put down, as well, managing to wriggle out of tackles.
Lack of communication between him and James O'Connor for the first try (both went for the dummy runner leaving a massive gap for Carter to go for the line).
The two missed touch finders were disappointing, he was obviously trying to get as much distance as possible (both went deep in to the 22, and only missed by inches) but would've thought he'd play it safe after the first missed kick.

Date: 06 March, 2012 09:36

according to Neil Leigh at the MEN a 'decision has been made' and the exeter result (and therefore potentially not qualifying for the HC) has not had an impact on the decision.

now that decision could be to think about things a bit longer, employ yet another agent or actually sign a contract. we shall see.

Date: 06 March, 2012 09:59

Or he has decided not to come at all, BUT the Exeter result was not the reason for his decision. Whatever it is, this whole charade is taking an age.

Date: 06 March, 2012 10:19

It's only taking an age/becoming a charade because the press started blabbing on about it ages ago, which made Sale make a statement (which basically said: yes he's talented, so we might be interested).

Date: 06 March, 2012 13:02

Yes, but Dimes did say to the corporates before the Wasps game that the signing would be officially announced last Tuesday. It wasn't only my friend who heard him say this - the comment was cofirmed by others on Twitter.

Posted by: Peregrine (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2012 13:26

This has been going on for a ridiculous amount of time now

To keep the interest going we need a guess the date the Ink will be Dry competition,

my guess is April 1st.

take your pick on which year.

Date: 06 March, 2012 18:29

My guess is 12th March

2065 (Sm100)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2012 18:29 by 23Shark.

Posted by: DaveAitch (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2012 20:42

Annie, I was looking for that date earlier in the day. I thought it had been said the the announcement would come last week.

I always say that until the player is on the pitch he isn't a Sale player. Most who have been announced (by Sale and other clubs) do end up at the the club for which they have signed, but we all know some who don't. Who knows where Cipriani will end up - and that includes Cipriani himself.

Date: 10 March, 2012 18:51

He's (basically) just said on Twitter he's coming to us.

Someone said (and excuse the crassness of the "tweets" tongue sticking out smiley)
(to Cipriani): I'll jizz in my pants if you come to Sale Sharks
(Cipriani): Get ready to jizz then

Posted by: Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 19:54

Olly ~ what is his twitter identity?

Posted by: young shark (IP Logged)
Date: 10 March, 2012 20:23

@dannycipriani87

Posted by: Stan Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 11 March, 2012 01:23

I wouldn't read too much into that comment. Also gave out positive vibes re Wasps and Munster - but on the other hand he was complimentary about Dimes.

Posted by: Johns (IP Logged)
Date: 11 March, 2012 11:12

In to-days Rugby Paper they claim that Brian Smith DOR London Irish is after Cips. Seems he has remained in contact since Cips England days.

There again it could be a load of rubbish.

Date: 11 March, 2012 11:51

Quote:
twitter

Sale Sharks Fans ‏ @SaleRugbyNews

@therugbypaper also reporting former Sale skipper @Deanschof's move to Lyon has fallen through - he's joining @chrisjonesrugby at Worcester

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net