20 Ben NUTLEY
21 Ryan GLYNN
22 Ryan LAMB
23 Tom MAY

2013/14 Aviva Premiership Champions 2013/14 Amlin cup winners

Re: Saints Team v Sharks
Olyy (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:24
Very strong side - going to have to put in a massive shift against that lot.

Have to say, I am pleased to see Myler starting over Lamb. With the exception of that, and Hartley/Dickson/Foden being away, that's their strongest side, for my money.

Gone are the days of Saints being half a side during the 6N sad smiley

Saint Tub (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:29
Its actually Hartley/Dowson/Wood/Dickson/Ashton/Foden away.. the off-season shopping went well last summer

shaftesbury shark (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:30
likewise for us though Olly...

I think it will be a close match, if we have our attitude and strategy right.

Our bench might be able to influence the result (Willis, Addison...) perhaps?

Olyy (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:37
Quote:
Saint Tub
Its actually Hartley/Dowson/Wood/Dickson/Ashton/Foden away.. the off-season shopping went well last summer

True, but I don't rate Ashton and Dowson as better than Artemyev/Wilson, on current form.
I thought Wood was still injured? If not, add him to my list tongue sticking out smiley

maddog080485 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:58
That team is stronger than ours. BP would be an excellent return.

galliano2001 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:09
BP would be a good result, and would leave us 5:4 up on the season, and if you can do that to most teams..........

Shireshark (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:15
If we get our attitude right and bearing in mind the Saints Internationals away on 6n duty, this is a winnable game imho. Would never suggest that we WILL win but certainly could win.

If Buckley and Sheridan can hold their own in the scrum,I believe we do have a chance.

Broonie (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 13:50
the whole saints bench with the exception of mike haywood and ryan glynn (late of your parish and massively improved this year) have started a minimum of 7 games this year.

the bench props , in particular alex waller , are pushing tiny and mooj very hard now, mikey haywood at hooker has shown why we let joe gray go and is pushing dylan . as a group the bench front row normally come on at about 60 minutes and have in most cases either taken advantage of tired opposition (if the opposing starters stay on ) or of the opposing bench.

having been a disgrace during last year's 6N , it's been all recruitment, development and rotation in sunny nuffamtun.very thorough man, Big Jim.

looking forward to seeing bunny back at FG ; there's a lot of respect for him down here.

Olyy (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 14:23
Quote:
Shireshark
If Buckley and Sheridan can hold their own in the scrum,I believe we do have a chance.

I'd be shocked to the very core if that were to happen, unfortunately - they'll be going up against the strongest scrum in Europe

17 February, 2012 16:36
Olyy - it depends on how their front row plays it. Being tall their normal game is to stand up and push chest-to-chest. Sheridan and Buckley may prefer that to being got under by shorter props.

jaytom (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 16:47
Strong side. I'd like a win, but I still think losing BP would be a good return, especially if we can deny them 4 tries

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net