rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Log-in problem
Printerland Annie (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:51
Is anyone else having the same problem with logging in as I am?

Every time I read a post and return to the main index, my saved log-in disappears. I like to use this to check for any new posts, to save me trawling through every thread.

I had a number of automatic Windows updates donloaded on my computer yesterday and I am wondering if that has something to do with it.

Re: Log-in problem
Thinking Donkey (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 12:59
I couldn't post yesterday even though I could log in, but is working today (obviously).

Sounds like site gremlins to me.

Olyy (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 14:24
Was having that problem this morning - seems to have cleared up now though.

17 February, 2012 17:27
I can't reply to any posts or start any new ones at all now from my computer but I can from my phone! What is going on?

SB14 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 18:30
Yes - having lots of problems with logging in, then going to and from the message board list, have been since I got windows updates yesterday. Sounds familiar?! Driving me mad.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 19:47
I was having that issue with my Iphone, my PC is fine.

Gandalfzz (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 19:47
SB14 I had those Windows updates last night but have no problems.

I am anyones equal, but no ones superior

Gandalfzz (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 20:00
Windows 7 Updates last night were for Powerpoint Viewer and Silverlight anyway

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 20:51
I'm having general internet connection problems, but I don't seem to have had any problems specific to this site. In fact I have 'got onto here' easier than I have several sites.

17 February, 2012 21:15
Quote:
DaveAitch
I'm having general internet connection problems, but I don't seem to have had any problems specific to this site. In fact I have 'got onto here' easier than I have several sites.

...............and you don't need your credit card on this one!

jaytom (IP Logged)
17 February, 2012 23:17
Happened a couple of weeks back. Seems fine now though.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 00:20
Mrs. T., grinning smiley

WilliamBlessing (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 07:34
I like to go on "Carol Vordermann's Bottom" when I'm feeling like a cheer up. But now all I can get is kids playing with themselves. Shurely shome mishtake ed.?

[carolsbum.blogspot.com]

18 February, 2012 10:50
For those who are still struggling (as I am), it seems to be an Internet Explorer problem. The problem does not exist with Firefox or Safari.

Do any of the techies among you know how to resolve the IE problem?

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 10:56
Yes, change to Firefox or Safari! eye popping smiley

Gandalfzz (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 11:32
It is NOT a problem with IE9 and Windows 7.

1) What Happens?
2) Does it happen on any other site
3) Is it all the time or just some time
4) What Operating system version and browser version?

You have given virtually no information for anyone to even make a guess at the cause. Basically all you have said is "My computer is not working"

PM me if you like

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/02/2012 11:34 by Gandalfzz.

18 February, 2012 12:02
Gandalfzz - you have a PM.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:14
Printerland - if you (or someone else using your PC) is clearing cookies/history etc., on IE then that would be a simple explanation......

Whaley Shark (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 20:21
According to the publishers' forum, the problem arose from tweaking SN, but "Should be sorted now - I've adjusted the cache settings to tell browsers not to cache the pages but leave it up to the accelerator which knows whether or not you are logged in..."

Someone who is more technical than I may be able to translate most of this statement, but I take from it that SN's computer whizz-kids think it is fixed.

iBozz (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 21:07
If you have an outgoing network controller (such as Little Snitch on a Mac) make sure you haven't inadvertently blocked the relevant connection for IE.

In any event, ditch IE, there are far far better browsers out there - Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and several others.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

SB14 (IP Logged)
18 February, 2012 23:07
I use firefox. I left my computer alone today, had an update of firefox upon my return and all is working normally.

20 February, 2012 09:19
Thanks, everyone for your suggestions. I still can't get the damn thing to work on IE so I will have to give up on it. There is no problem with Firefox, but I need to have IE as my defalt browser because I generally work from home and my employer's intranet works better with IE. It may be a blessing in disguise, as it may stop me from flicking over to this board when I am supposed to be working!

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 17:26
You can, of course, have both running and flick from one to the other fairly easily.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net