rugbyunion
Latest News:
messageboard logo

Protest
J Moon (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 01:59
Given the almost 100% dislike on the idea of a name change on here it's fair to say it's hit a nerve with a few. This isn't official yet and so myself, along with others don't wanna jump in and look stupid until it is.

IF a decision is made by Friday are people just going to sit back and let it happen? It would be a great shame with so many people feeling the same way and doing nothing about it.

I've never organised a protest so for me it's just an idea, but perhaps some sort of "us standing up to the club" technique is required?

Nothing silly, maybe we all try to sit together at either the Saracens or the Bath game? I realise people all have their own season tickets but in blocks A and F of The Railway End/BMI Healthcare Stand there is usually 100 or so empty seats at least for every game. Perhaps people could try and swap their tickets for a game or pay 10? 100 or so of us all waving Sale flags, chanting Sale for 80 minutes would certainly be a start.

At the moment the club probably know we're against it but rather than change it, they'll roll their eyes patronisingly at us and think "they'll get over it".

I realise a protest isn't really a Rugby way of doing things but I mean it in the most peaceful way possible.

If not, how about a petition? A few of us could take a pen and pad in each stand. This could work for the name change and the ground move to be fair.

If this all seems a bit drastic then sorry. But it seems we've been kept in the dark for so long and this week everything is going to hit us at once. It's a case of we either like it or we don't. We haven't had time to plan these things with the club leaving it until March. Ok, it's been on the radar for ages, but then we should be able to trust them and hope that the fans come first. It's been evident that we don't.

Re: Protest
DaveAitch (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 02:13
It'll be interesting to see what others think.

For me, well, I'm inclined to just vote with my feet and not bother turning up to the games.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 07:19
The way to go is probably twitter

tweet with the hash tag #SaleSharkskeepthename

Olyy (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 07:39
A petition would be a good thing, I think.
For all Dimes good thinking in wanting to make the club bigger/better, he's a Sale man through and through, and if he had a piece of paper in front that said "X Sale fans don't want a name change" it may make him think twice.

Gordon1974 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 08:15
Protest....plain daft........It should be obvious to any one who actually goes to the games the best way to get to point over. Just do what we do every home game and Just sing Saaayyyulll!!!!!!

While dropping the name would be tragic if it is done as a result of forming an even closer link to Sale FC, the custodians of the name 'SALE' then I'm prepared to stomach it.....protesting is just ridiculous

Historyman (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 08:41
It has been mentioned that the Sale name was dropped in 2002/03 - did that mean it was withdrawn from shirts, advertising etc, and what changed the collective management mind, so that it was restored?
Was Mr. Diamond part of the management at the time?
History repeating itself?

Olyy (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 09:19
Yep!
Here's a picture of a younger Frank:
http://i.imgur.com/C8oyx.png

Photos of the team (including Dimes and Jim in the staff) can be seen here:
[digitalsportsuk.photoshelter.com]

H's D (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 09:28
IMHO there is manipulation at work here.
It is a very simple standard technique to announce two very unpopular measures simultaneously in order to compromise on one thereby reducing the flack one receives on the other.

Please don't be distracted re. the threatened name change.
Since Sale Sharks and Sale FC are getting ever closer behind the scenes, there really is very little substance to this threat other than as a marketing ploy; "the North West's team" etc.

I am pretty certain there will be an announcement of an ever closer partnership with Sale FC in the next few months, something the members (owners) of Sale FC should perhaps be very suspicious of.
Did Dimes say if the move of the backroom staff to Carrington was still going ahead?
How did he excuse his previous gaff?

Historyman (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:24
That seems clear enough Olly - name off the shirts, Mr. Diamond involved to some degree.

So what led to the restoration of the name?

iBozz (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:29
Quote:
Historyman

Supporter opinion, I think. There was a bit of an outcry when it happened on the sly.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

http://smileygenerator.us/smileytags/links/smiley_tag.0103287001410624489.gif

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Shark in Exile (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:36
Not sure about a protest but I am with Gordon1974, at every Home & Away game we just keep up as loud as possible "SAAAAYYULLL"

And we should start this Friday

I am hopefully the management may just get the hint.

jaytom (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 10:36
I'd definitely sign a petition for against it.

Historyman (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 11:06
Quote:
iBozz
Quote:
Historyman

Supporter opinion, I think. There was a bit of an outcry when it happened on the sly.

Which begs the question - what has changed, that the outcome this time should be any different?

Frodo Shark (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 12:32
Historyman. Because last time, they still had 1861 on their shirts. This time all that irrelevant, stupid history will have gone (ironic smilie required)

They can then have a zero on their shirts, or is this year zero and that will be year one?

Bzzzzz (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 13:16
Sorry if this goes against what most die hardened, long standing Sale Sharks fans might think but I think this is a great idea. After all Dime's interviews do not mention Sale very much but he emphasises over and again that it is a Manchester Northern, rugby club.

To attract a bigger fan base they must change the name. This will attract people from all over the North, disenchanted Leeds carnegie fans or anyone fancying watching a game of rugby without it being a narrow minded coloquial thing. Yorkshire has a huge RU following but no-one to support worth watching anymore.

It needs to be opened out to attract investment and support and this will not happen without a name change.

Who really cares anyway?? It will be the only Premiereship rugby club in the North next season ( assuming Falcons drop and Leeds stay put)

Instead of protesting like a bunch of small minded eejits, perhaps instead, embrace the change, be part of it, help the club to grow, be proud of the next generation of rugby rather than drag it down or hold it down by whingeing about change......

FyldeShark (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 13:24
Doubt that people will come flooding in from around the north, without a decent transport infrastructure that is dead in the water. You cannot alienate your core customers at times like this.....

Bzzzzz (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 13:33
Fylde, that is my major concern, how will I get there??? and I probably travel further than most, often relying on public transport. EP is do able but very hard work on a Friday evening. It is often midnight and after when I get home after a long week at work! So a name change is neither here nor there to me.

They must work on the transport or they will lose their core suppport, that goes without saying. With a bigger fan base this would have to happen anyway. A good shuttle bus or train sevice is vital.
How to do this??? Answers on a post card to Steve Diamond please.....

Gordon1974 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 13:42
Quote:
Rugger Ho
Sorry if this goes against what most die hardened, long standing Sale Sharks fans might think but I think this is a great idea. After all Dime's interviews do not mention Sale very much but he emphasises over and again that it is a Manchester Northern, rugby club.
To attract a bigger fan base they must change the name. This will attract people from all over the North, disenchanted Leeds carnegie fans or anyone fancying watching a game of rugby without it being a narrow minded coloquial thing. Yorkshire has a huge RU following but no-one to support worth watching anymore.

It needs to be opened out to attract investment and support and this will not happen without a name change.

Who really cares anyway?? It will be the only Premiereship rugby club in the North next season ( assuming Falcons drop and Leeds stay put)

Instead of protesting like a bunch of small minded eejits, perhaps instead, embrace the change, be part of it, help the club to grow, be proud of the next generation of rugby rather than drag it down or hold it down by whingeing about change......

Well said Rugger, rather than all this hysterical nonesense perhaps a few folks should look at the positives and where this all could leave the club in 5-10 years. Just as it ain't got Sale in the name its still the same team, same and more fans

Rugger not sure where you come from but from what SD said plans are in place for cater for as many pickup points as feasible. We may need to be a bit patient for the first season though.

The real problem is that whatever gets said elements of the forum will still whinge, moan and never be happy....

Mozzer (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 13:51
I can take the negatives and see where it leaves your club in 5-10 years time.

Name changes are indicative of something else. If you're happy to buy into a soul-less commercial outfit that cares nothing for history or tradition or any of the things that form part of the basis for a worthwhile sports club then this appears to be a good thing. If you're not, then it doesn't.

A rush and a push and the land that we stand on is ours
It has been before
So it shall be again
And people who are uglier than you and I
They take what they need, and just leave

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 14:12
Quote:
FyldeShark
Doubt that people will come flooding in from around the north, without a decent transport infrastructure that is dead in the water. You cannot alienate your core customers at times like this.....

Now, that is spot on.

I believe that when "Sale" moved into Edgeley Park much of Stockport County's memorabilia was just thrown in a skip. It looks as though this year zero thing is trying to ditch everything Sale as well.

I'm sorry for you Gordon if you don't see that as a problem. Presumably you are happy to sweep everything under the carpet in the name of progress.

Tigger (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 14:15
I have a great idea for a protest....why don't we chant SALE really loudly at key points in the game (such as when we are attacking/defending beginning and end AND especially when the announcer tells us to get behind The Sharks) to let Dimes know what we think....winking smiley

Also buy all the existing shirts with Sale on and wear them over the next few seasons....

Not happy at all about the name change. Really helped LONDON Wasps and Newcastle to attract bigger crowds.

As for Barton I really do see the major problems ahead re transport especially in mid winter with adverse weather and accidents plus Christmas at the Trafford center.

But on the plus side I live in Warrington so it cuts my journey by two thirds!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and preserved piece BUT to slide across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting

GERONIMO!!!

RIP Marco Simoncelli 20/01/87 - 23/10/2011

Jordan_B93 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 14:22
I've an idea! How about the higher staff of the club think, and remember that the fans that go to every game, and have done for however many years, may actually oppose said name change. And also for them to stop risking losing the fans thatactually watch the club, by trying to get new fans.

H's D (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 14:23
Journey or Journey time, Tigger?
Would you like a bet if it's 2/3 time-saving Tigger?
Or are you planning on approaching the stadium up the A57 Manchester Road/Cadishead Way?

Tigger (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 14:27
Train from Birchwood to Irlam.....12 mins.
Bus/taxi from Irlam to ground coming down A57 (so therefore less traffic until within walking distance of the ground)10 mins approx (well for taxi anyway).

Going home even better....ring wife meet here just up from the stadium....winking smiley

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and preserved piece BUT to slide across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting

GERONIMO!!!

Gordon1974 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 14:28
"Sweep everytrhing under the carpet" what are you talking about?!

I can see a problem with the logistics but I am also openminded enough to see that from last nights meeting there are plans in place to address it

What staggers me the most though DaveAitch is that people here are writing Barton off without even waiting to see if it works.

If the club is to really move forward and grow then the facilities have got to in place to attract new fans. Now unless you have a spare 10-20m knocking about that you are willing to part with then Barton is the most sensible and realistic option. If the club is ever to become financially self supporting then it has got to take risk of going to Barton.

I don't need you to feel sorry for me Dave, like I said, I can see problem, I raised these transport concerns with SD, but I have also listened to the proposed solutions and am willing visualize the bigger picture.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 16:12
There is one effective method of showing displeasure at any attempt to impose a name change.

Simply refuse to buy ANY club merchandise that doesn't carry the word Sale!

If you're in the habit of attending matches in club branded clothing, continue to use your old stuff and don't replace it.

I've got a few spare shirts of varying degrees of antiquity (at least half have 1861 on them) so that should see me through for a while. Especially as I'll be lucky to get to half-a-dozen matches per season at Barton.

I can understand the reasoning behind the move if I disagree with it.

But I can't comprehend the thinking behind a name-change. The suggestion that potential supporters will be confused by two similar names is frankly disingenuous and smacks of someone desperately scrambling around to find any justification for their pet project.

It's easy to say now, but when Radio 2 broadcast their interview with Dimes just before 7pm last night, and he inserted the word "Manchester" at every possible opportunity, it became obvious what was coming!

Anyway, I've decided I'd better start getting used to the idea of rugby-less weekends. So instead of heading off to the Lake District for a few day starting Saturday, I'm going Friday afternoon!

dh651 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 17:27
Why is everyone so scared of change on here. Yes Barton has very serious logistical challenges to overcome but lets be honest here, Edgeley Park is a shocking place to play top flight rugby. Sure the work done on the pitch has turned into possibly the best playing surface in the prem this year but the facilities are awful. If we have ambitions for Heineken cup we cannot stay at EP because at the moment I bet teams like Toulouse laugh at us when they have to turn up and put up with facilities like we have a Edgeley. A move to somewhere needs to happen for the club to progress and with no other options on the table Barton is the only reasonable suggestion currently (PS I'm in the camp who may struggle to attend games at Barton, I'm stating this purely from a playing and business perspective not because it makes it more convenient for me or anything like that).

As for the name change what really is a name. For the past 10 years the actual "brand" of the club has arguably been through the name Sharks more than Sale. Although I don't see it making a difference to actually encouraging more fans to turn up am I that bothered about it that I want to stage a protest of course I'm not. What difference is it actually going to make to you supporting the team other than the fact that we will have to conjure up a different song to sing. The claims by some people that they won't support the team when they change names is pathetic. You support the 22 players playing for you every week not the name which they are playing under.

Change is an everyday occurrence in life. And some people need to get a grip and learn to deal with it. Are you telling me that if your company got bought out by another and you were told you would now be working under their name you woudl stage a protest to this. Of course you wouldn't!

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 17:38
Unfortunately Amy's swimming night prevented me from attending last night so I didn't hear what SD had to say in person. However, as a regular supporter here is my 2 pennies worth.

Regarding the name change: In my opinion the Sharks branding has been a complete failure. Watching Southern hemisphere rugby rugby, I'd hazard a guess that many here would not know where the Crusaders, Bulls, Sharks etc are based. The branding of a Durban team as the sharks has been remarkably effective and that can be said of all those teams. Here in England there has been a mixed result. Worcester fans sing about the Warriors, Northampton about the Saints and Leicester about the tiggers. However, a full decade on from the introduction of the Sharks no one calls our club by that name-not our fans, our opponents fans or anyone who has any interest in rugby. The fans do not sing any songs about the sharks. There is very little Sharks merchandise other than items which carry the club logo. We have a Sharks mascot which is very popular with the younger fans including my young daughter, but to be completely honest, she is just as enthused by Harley bear at Quins, the camels at Sarries on any other animal costume she sees around the various grounds. In 10 years the sharks branding has failed to take off in any way with the fans. The club seems to think that re-branding the club as the North West Sharks (or something similar) will magically make us appealing to the masses. I strongly disagree. In my opinion, removing the brand which is instantly recognisable (Sale) whilst keeping a brand which has never proved popular and introducing a generic North West name (I think Manchester is a non starter as I fail to see how that will attract people from the rest of the region) will not attract new fans in any numbers. I would like to think that the club have consulted experts in the sports marketing/ branding field and have statistics to back up their plans. I fear though that the decision is more likely to have been made by the same few individuals within the club who recently thought it would be a good idea to stop fans bringing into the ground food they had bought from the club's own vendors with no prior notice.

With regards the move to Barton, I would be in favour if it can be shown to me that this would benefit the club. No one has done this. Yes there will be better corporate facilities which will raise greater revenue-I see that. but what about the rest. SD seems to be banging on about making the club more accessible to the people of Lancashire. If the transport issues are not resolved this will not be the case-it will still be quicker for them to reach EP. However, if we are making the club more accessible to the people of Lancashire, by logical process we must be making it less accessible to the people of Cheshire and Staffordshire. I hope the club have analysed our support base, seen where the season ticket holders and match attending fans are based. This is not difficult to do as the ticket office database has all our addresses. I would have liked SD to say that x% of our support is based in Lancashire and research amongst those fans has shown that more have indicated that they will be drawn to attending at Barton than have indicated will no longer travel from the Southern parts. My gut feeling is that the club has done very little analyse of this, hence the very vague mutterings about making the ground more accessible without statistics to back this up.

Having spoken to friends who follow Salford, the transport nightmare (and they describe it as such) can not be underestimated. If fans can not easily get to the stadium they won't bother coming. If they are stuck for an hour in the car park after the match they won't come back. For all its troubles, EP has very good car and public transport access.

Very little has been said about ticket prices. For a decade now Sale fans have sat at games. This has become entrenched into our match going experience. The seating at Barton is on the sides. Will the fans who have spent years in the Printerland or Railway end be expected to pay considerably more to sit side on? If yes, how many will agree to stand to keep the price down or pay the extra? How many who take up the cheap seats in the railway end will be willing to take up standing (as I would imagine there will be a considerable price hike to remain seated)?

If the club has thought this move through, carried out all possible analysis and everything points to Barton then I am in favour. I hope to God that is the case and we grow into being a major force after the move. I would even swallow my own deep disappointment at changing the name if it is shown to me that it will build the club and is what the majority of fans want. What I fear is that the move has not been carefully considered. In my opinion, the club's marketing and PR has been extremely poor over the last few years and I until I am shown otherwise I have little confidence that those people within the club have the ability to make the right decision. SD has not demonstrated to me that he is anything other than a DoR and has the capacity to be an effective CEO. I am not saying that he wont be proved right, I hope he is, but I strongly question the thought process behind this decision. Those who say 'wait and see' or 'give him the benefit of the doubt' don't really get it. If the move to Barton is a failure where will it leave us? I can not see SCFC being able to afford EP by themselves and I would expect them to find somewhere else within a few seasons. When that happens EP will be sold off so there will not be the option of returning. Sale is already losing a vast amount of money annually. If Barton is not popular we simply can't afford a major drop in attendance. The very future of the club is at stake. I just hope that a few individuals are not gambling with our future.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 17:58
Quote:
dh651
... You support the 22 players playing for you every week not the name which they are playing under.

We obviously have a totally different outlook on that one dh. The name defines who they are playing for.

I support the players because they are playing for a team called Sale. If they ain't playing for Sale, they ain't playing for me.

The comparison with an employer is spurious. This is not a case of a takeover, neither is it just the parties to a commercial arrangement.

I hate to hammer the analogy, but a re-nbranded organisation in Salford will no more remain "our" team than MK Dons remained Wimbledon's team, despite largely retaining the same staff. (At least they eventually stopped pretending that was the case.)

Now, at risk of totally undermining my own case, did they have the same aggravation when they dropped "Gosforth"?

H's D (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 18:03
No risk aginghoody - Falcons haven't exactly flourished since have they|?

P A B (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 20:29
I understood that Gosforths old ground was pretty bad & they actually merged with another local club Northern to form Newcastle Falcons & sold the old grounds & moved to a newly built ground Kingston Pk. Apart from winning one title with a 'bought in' team assembled by Squeaky they have not done much else - apart from beating us with a last minute charge down try in the Powergen Final !!
Back to 'us' not too bothered about name change as we will all stil chant Sale, Sale.. Bartons problems are: access, lack of parking, virtualy no public transport, hemmed in by a canal restricting foot access. If you cant get there, then you cant watch the team. Its that simple.

SandDancerShark (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 21:05
The discussion by some who care about Sale and the history and some who will watch rugby under whatever guise it is presented in the future is interesting as neither are wrong. But the one absolute certainty is that what ever SD and Cheshire Sports decide to do will happen with or without the support of those on this board.

Shark in Exile (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 21:11
[quote ageinghood]
We obviously have a totally different outlook on that one dh. The name defines who they are playing for.
I support the players because they are playing for a team called Sale. If they ain't playing for Sale, they ain't playing for me.

Totally agree. The players play for Sale Sharks, I support Sale Sharks.
I travel an approx 450 miles round trip for a home game because Sale are my team that I support, and have supported for many years.
I am not being negative about the future in fact I am very positive but I am not convinced a name change/re-branding will generate a "huge" increase in regular supporters from across the North West unless the team perform consistently and continue to improve on the field and our PR is better.

Our best way of "protesting" against a possible name change is letting the club management hear "SAAAAYYULLL" chanted at home & away games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2012 21:15 by Shark in Exile.

clutch (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 22:18
What about the Welsh regions. They changed names and it has worked out ok. Wasps are Wasps, not London Wasps.

Wasps fans support Wasps. They follow a team associated with the most annoying creatures on the planet.

We now follow Sharks. An AMAZING creature, powerful, potentially dangerous, but mainly shy. Endangered by ludicrous Chinese food traditions!

I go and watch Warrington. I have no affiliation to the town, its people or the team. The name doesn't matter. I like the team, the players, the style of play etc.

Same for Sharks.

Historyman (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 22:30
At 99 for the cheapest season ticket, less than 6 a game, I will give the journey a go, so I can watch the likes of Cueto, Miller, Seymour, Powell, Gray, Vernon, Brady etc etc. I am under no illusions that my 99 plus programme money etc is anything more than a drop in the ocean of meeting club costs, so reckon its worth a try.
If the travelling proves impossible - two trains, a tram, a bus and a walk - well, I will see if Sale FC will take me in!

clutch (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 22:39
Fair enough. A reasoned point. Again, the club could set the prices well enough to attract fans who are undecided. A cheaper option would be a nice incentive to season ticket holders. Such a scheme would be nice, if the traffic and journey is horrific.

H's D (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 22:48
There's no "if" clutch.
Go on scarlet turkey or attend one of their games and you will find out!

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
21 March, 2012 23:58
Quote:
dh651
As for the name change what really is a name.

Exactly. If there isn't really anything in a name, why the need to change it?

Quote:
clutch
We now follow Sharks. An AMAZING creature, powerful, potentially dangerous

..or perhaps not. It is said that only 10% of shark species are potentially dangerous. Some like the whale shark and the basking shark haven't a nasty bone in their bodies.

Mozzer (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 08:55
That's because no-one has changed their names in the last 1861 years. Try calling a Basking Shark an English Channel Shark and you will end up with one very angry marine creature. And rightly so.

It has been before
So it shall be again

Tigger (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 09:39
Quote:
clutch
What about the Welsh regions. They changed names and it has worked out ok. Wasps are Wasps, not London Wasps.
Wasps fans support Wasps. They follow a team associated with the most annoying creatures on the planet.

We now follow Sharks. An AMAZING creature, powerful, potentially dangerous, but mainly shy. Endangered by ludicrous Chinese food traditions!

I go and watch Warrington. I have no affiliation to the town, its people or the team. The name doesn't matter. I like the team, the players, the style of play etc.

Same for Sharks.

Mind you it helps that the train station is 5 mins walk from the ground and has a decent pub right next to it (just get there early!) and the town center is a 7 min walk with pubs and restaurants....and you can get a bottle or two from Tesco to take home winking smiley

I enjoy going to watch Warrigton in the summer....a few pints in town and a (sometimes) good game of running rugby followed by a BBQ back at my house with our neighbors who are all season ticket holders....

And there in lies the problem. Barton is in the middle of nowhere...and transport is a nightmare. Add in playing Friday nights and we lose a lot of the social aspect of watching rugby. It will end up being a quick pint or two before the game and then rushing to get home.

Saturdays would be a lot better as you wouldn't have to rush there and back....and you could meet up with friends for a few drinks away from the ground and linger after the game.

And then the want to get rid of Sale.

All I can say is if they don't play a winning/exciting brand of rugby then there will be absolutely no reason to turn up week after week/season after season....at least over the past few seasons of absolute dross we could drown our sorrows together before and after the game....winking smiley

GERONIMO!!!

H's D (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 09:40
Naaah, I bet they're already pretty @#$%& off with all those tiny touchy feely snorkellers with video cameras in their rubber suits, mythering them and scaring away the zooplankton whenever they come near the surface.
Very placid your average Cetorhinus maximus.

Thinking Donkey (IP Logged)
22 March, 2012 11:53
Quote:
Grumpy Old Shark
The way to go is probably twitter
tweet with the hash tag #SaleSharkskeepthename

Great idea GOS

The thread police will probably catch up with the fact I suggested a petition etc on a different thread.

I cannot believe that the club can continue in such cavalier fashion if they appreciated the depth of feeling about this and the concerns over the move to Barton.

My respect for Dimes over this is diminishing at an alarming rate

Nick Stone (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:48
Is Barton, just going to be one of those Private finiance Iniatives that the Labour Government brought in. Yes we'll have a shiny new stadium to play Rugby, but at really what cost.

Mozzer (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:07
As a point of pedantry PFI was brought in by John Major's government. New Labour ran with it even though it was clearly not good for the country (it was good for those companies who were raking in the money as a result of winning contracts) and despite our liar of a Chancellor saying it wouldn't happen any more, it is still happening. Because he is a liar.

Though I can't answer the important part of the question smiling smiley

It has been before
So it shall be again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net