rugbyunion
Latest News:
messageboard logo

It's OK...
23 March, 2012 22:15
... 'cos we'll just change the name and move to an inaccessible stadium and the punters will come flying in. They won't realise that the pile of ---- that was on display tonight will be the same team.

I just hope that Eifion, Ritchie and Danny don't see the replay of that game.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1189369729.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Re: It's OK...
Timpers (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 22:45
It was truely pants, and affirmation, if such was needed, of my decision to be wealthier next season to the tune of 420 odd by not buying a season ticket.

DT (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 22:45
Heads should roll; and the coaching staff should look at themselves too. How long have they had to prepare for that match - too long! The season goes from worse to even worse. Spineless drivel. The game is easy - tackle and pass. We can't do either (even with territory); just gift them the game. Those in front of me left with 22 mins left on the clock - now that's entertainment. But of course, it'll all be different if we change our name (and the venue). Angry is not the word for how I feel presently ...

Frodo Shark (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 22:52
Cap'n Major

Assuming your opening post to be tinged with a little sarcasm, I can only assume that you are not up to date with the plans.

There was a magazine article reported earlier on in the week, where our esteemed CEO pointed out that the ground would be full of girls flocking from Manchester's night clubs to see Danny.

And presumably they won't care about the standard of rugby.

Timperley Shark (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 22:54
First time I have ever left Edgeley Park early.
How can you justify a season ticket, where ever we play, on that performance.

StaffordShark (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 23:50
On principle I would never leave a game early.
But I sat through the last 5 minutes of that game with my head in my hands. Don't even think Dimes description of shambolic is bad enough.
All i can say is at least the looks on the face of the players after the game was one of hurt.

cd2 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 00:40
Awful,shambolic,embarrassing. Name change, new ground, who cares now, the players,the ceo,directors and any other chief or no mark at cheshire sports or sale sharks sure as hell don't and right now neither do I.

Breathe.Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.

Shark in Exile (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 02:32
Sat through to the bitter end (through I did wish I had left early).

Not the performance to have new supporters flocking to purchase season tickets or attend regularly, in fact I would predict that the club may lose a few season ticket holders given the way the team has played the last two games.

I am glad we will not qualify for the HC next season as we have still some way to go and need to concentrate on improving and being consistent.

24 March, 2012 08:21
I think last night's non-performance was designed to solve the traffic problems at Dumplington. No bu55er will want to spend 3 hours getting there and 3 days getting back to watch that.

Gandalfzz (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 08:31
Come on, talk about negativity.

How about something positive?

Have the humility to admit that we were beaten by a FAR better team in all aspects of the game. Saracens played some really good rugby, both in attack and defense.

The crowd were disgusting in booing their own team, those who did were totally one eyed and lacked any appreciation of rugby at all.

I am anyones equal, but no ones superior

24 March, 2012 08:37
It's difficult to judge the opposition without considering the home performance. Now both Exeter & Sorries haven't won many bonus points for scoring 4 tries this season. Both have done so against us.

Positives? I won't be going to Dumplington to pay to watch the away side only.

jaytom (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 08:59
Positives... hmm... We're now mathmatically safe from relegation? Other than that, I wasn't there but that kind of scoreline tells it's own story. I thought we were meant to be moving on after the Exeter game, not going down the same road.

Bzzzzz (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:06
New coach please.

We have the players - most of whom put in a good effort last night - cannot fault their collective committment. Too many errors, poor defense, one dimensional game plan that Sarries unpicked immediately.

When the opposition rush defend and do it brilliantly, why do we persist in sending flat passes to players who get nailed instantly. How many near interceptions were there last night?? Surely someone has the nouse to change the plan, to attack from deeper creating space and time to chip, kick, set up a decent backs move, run an angle to cut through their defensive line, be rather more inventive than anything that happened last night.....

Trying to bash their way through over and over again is proving to be futile and so out of date it is awful.

Shark in Exile (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:06
"How about something positive"

We were beaten by a very good sarries side

Not sure there was much to be positiive about Sale
Ballhandling was dire again, Plan A failed with no Plan B etc

Agree about the booing

Olyy (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:12
According to the Sarries board that wasn't booing - Whenever Hugh Vyvyan gets a try/does something good they all shout "HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", much like the Springbok fans with "Beast"

Then again, I wasn't there so that might be way off

H's D (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:14
EP looked magnificent in the spring evening light.
There you are - all positive.
I was thinking just how hard we have been on good old EP.
Quite a poignant occasion.(Sm18)

I will miss such a soulful home.
Would repairing the roof rerally have cost a lot more than 100K.... whoops I better stop!

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:17
Didn't hear any booing of the team ~ some around me for Mr Small though...

There were at least 2 professional fouls which prevented us from scoring and he merely gave a penalty...

clutch (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:56
Should have been a yellow. Poor use of that from the ref. Wouldn't have made a difference. There was booing when they scored their last try. Frankly it was deserved.

Very little to take from the game. The scrum was solid. Our maul defence was good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net