rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Terminological Inexactitudes or just enthusiastic exaggeration?
H's D (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 16:59
Perusing the Salford Turkey's board thread on Dimes revelations concerning 'Primacy of tenure', our moving to Barton and his somewhat indelicate remarks on recruitment several things seem a little clearer.
And so they perhaps should with 16 pages of posts!

This immediate statement by their youth coach last Wednesday tends to remind me of the similar statement by Sale Fc on the Carrington move. The occasional game this season - nothing more!

The league supporters seem to be mushrooms as we are. They therefore also make a lot of false assumptions as we do.

Most are clearly somewhat hostile to 'yawnion' in general and specifically to us being co-tenants.

Some have realized 'Primacy of Tenure' in its strictest meaning only applies to teams first joining the Premiership. But it still upsets them, were it to be true in any shape or form.

Reds apparently have no say in stewarding, traffic control, catering or ticketing - it's all done by the stadium company

A few recommend attending their game vs Wigan, which will be their best attended game so far, but which will still be far less than the 9500 attending last Friday. They anticipate a log jam!

Any that have shared the odd pint with fellow SS supporters have been well-briefed and found us to be decent people.

I suggest any making the move share a few pints asap.
Light needs to be shed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2012 17:10 by H's D.

Re: Terminological Inexactitudes or just enthusiastic exaggeration?
MikeGC (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 17:59
my cousin and her hubby are STH's at Salford
They drive down from Chorley and are still trying to find a "best" route but getting out remains a flippin' nightmare even on foot.

I'm joining then (not for the Wigin game though)

Whaley Shark (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 18:16
I might just go along on Friday- I have an unexpected passout and won't be in the usual hurry to get home. So maybe time for an experiment?

CEintheSun (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 20:20
Quote:
Some have realized 'Primacy of Tenure' in its strictest meaning only applies to teams first joining the Premiership.

Not sure that's actually true. I think it also applies to any team wanting the move ground. The whole "primacy of tenure" thing is so that if Sky want to change the date/time of a fixture all clubs have to be able to say "yes, indeedy Mr Murdoch, we'll just shift the other team to midnight on the Wednesday, no problem, anything else we can do for you sir?"

Mind you as it's league and union this will only be a problem at the point where seasons overlap.

SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 20:43
Primacy of tenure does not exist in Rugby League (Leeds Rhinos/Carnegie and Quins/London Broncos are the other RL/RU shared grounds)

SandDancerShark (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 21:11
Sorry Swanny that was not the statement it was about primacy of tender of the Rugby Union clubs.

H's D (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 21:29
Might I draw the learned responders to the qualifying words "in it's strictest strictest meaning".

Might I draw your attention to Paragraphs 3.4.ii and 3.5.ii of the published criteria's meaning.

For entry into the Premiership fulfilling that requirement is a pre-condition. The sanction is you cannot be promoted if the club finishing last in the Premiership fulfills the criteria. If it doesn't you have a play-off for entry.
Since Wasps, London Irish and Sarries currently fail to meet those criteria basically they may have to play in a play-off if they finish at the bottom of the premiership.
The sanction for Sale moving to Barton without a clear-cut 'Primacy of tenure' agreement is therefore any of those penalties listed as possible sanctions under "A criteria failure". It might well be as little as joining the three teams mentioned in their sanction, or something more - we just don't know!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2012 21:47 by H's D.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net