rugbyunion
Latest News:
messageboard logo

Cipriani parts company with rebels
JS Shark (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 07:02
Link

Good news for us! Should get a full pre-season under his belt I'd imagine now.

Re: Cipriani parts company with rebels
JS Shark (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 07:05
From twitter in the last 20 minutes:

DannyCipriani ‏ @DannyCipriani87
Thank you for all the messages... #verysupportive smiling smiley because of the cross over for the English season it's what's best...

As the rebels can now build for 2013!! Once again all the messages and texts of support been very welcomed... #kindpeople

For people asking why who don't see the press release: it's because of the crossover with the English season. Rebels want 2 build for 2013

That's their main aim for rest of season. And I can prepare accordingly and to the best of my powers for the season with @salesharksrugby

South West Shark (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 07:26
A lot will be made of this I expect.

The hope is that Dimes will sort him out!

Rugbydon (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 07:39
Is he available for the Queens game?

davyshark (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 07:46
Sorry Rugbydon seemed to have sent same message 3 minutes later!

H's D (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 08:06
Are rebels under a lot of financial pressure? It seems a strange decision to make this early. Wouldn't three or four weeks from now make better sense?

Cornerball (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 08:13
Quote:
H's D
Are rebels under a lot of financial pressure? It seems a strange decision to make this early. Wouldn't three or four weeks from now make better sense?

I agree, particularly with O'Connor out for 4-6 weeks (lacerated liver) and test matches coming up in June. Still the Rebel's site has it as mutual consent with regret on both sides. Perhaps they have written off this season and are bring in/developing a fly-half for next season.

Gandalfzz (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 08:18
H's D

In the press release it said

Quote:
Press Release
, the club have opted to pay out the remainder of Cipriani's contract, with eight rounds of the regular season remaining.

I am anyones equal, but no ones superior

Cornerball (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 08:30
Quote:
Gandalfzz
H's D
In the press release it said

Quote:
Press Release
, the club have opted to pay out the remainder of Cipriani's contract, with eight rounds of the regular season remaining.

Doesn't mean they haven't saved money. They could have a greed a figure (even a nominal sum) if he was keen to get back to Blighty.

Olyy (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 08:34
Odd choice, and "by mutual consent" is rarely that.
However this means he can get a proper rest and a full season for us going in to next season.

H's D (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 09:25
....and settle back in the UK properly of course.
I read the press release Gandalfzz but I suppose it's interesting that the lack of relegation means such decisions are made earlier? I was thinking in northern hemishpere terms that 3 or 4 more rounds and they would probably be safe from finishing bottom.
However, even if he finished down under in a months time he would still have time for a rest/holiday before starting pre-season.

JS Shark (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 09:35
Quote:
H's D
However, even if he finished down under in a months time he would still have time for a rest/holiday before starting pre-season.

Pretty sure Dimes said pre-season starts 4th June, so not necessarily sure that would be the case.

dazk55 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 10:46
He's moving onto the Racecourse Estate by all accounts.

GIK (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 10:51
Quote:
dazk55
He's moving onto the Racecourse Estate by all accounts.

Thats 85% of readers utterly bemused...Cipriani of Epping Walk almost sounds posh.

Err...I think it's agbreat move for us....keep him injury free, ready for a full pre-season. He should be applauded for this, shows true maturity looking to get himself set and settled before starting with us.

H's D (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 10:56
Fourth June is earlier than most clubs; the Premiership final is only on 26th May. Clubs usually then give their players 2 weeks off before starting pre-season.

GIK (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 11:03
Our season finishes on May 5th, so June 4th sounds reasonable to me.

The Internationals will be in training camps and tours anyway, so I'd imagine that the early start willonly hit c. 60% of the squad.

JS Shark (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 11:08
Dimes said June 6th actually - MEN article here.

Last year they had phases so three weeks on, one week off etc, rather than just an 8 week slog building up to the season. Hopefully Cipriani will be back and refreshed for the start.

H's D (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 11:13
Thanks for that JS, I wasn't aware of that. It now makes sense.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 11:52
Although Danny can't play he may well be at EP as a "supporter". Never too soon to meet your new team mates. Glad to have him here and not injured, a full pre-season with his new half back and centre partners can only be good.

Olyy (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 12:06
Rebels have emphasised that it's nothing he's done wrong that's caused him to leave, so that's good to hear.
Also backed up by the fact they're continuing to pay his wages until the end of his contract despite him leaving - you'd imagine if he'd done something wrong he'd be out on his ear.

Would be good to see him at EP supporting the team, not sure if it would happen though as it's in 5 days and I'd imagine it takes a bit to sort out moving back to the UK.
Then again this could have been agreed a week or so ago, as Rebels had a bye week last weekend.

Bradwall Boy (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 13:07
Equally, they obviously don't believe he's adding any value either. I still have worries about this kid.

H's D (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 13:17
Not necessarily BB, if as Cornerball suggests they have written off this season, with no relegation to fear, they may have high regard for his wishes and are happy to continue to pay him whilst allowing another 10 to get valuable experience for next year!
As suggested, mutual consent is rarely that, but in this case it may well be accurate. The fact that they have no obligation to pay him but have decided to speaks volumes.

Staffskeef (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 13:20
Well I always believe what's said in the papers so pleased it's all amicable withe veryone happy.
To get Danny early so he can rest/ train with the squad from the start of pre season training must be good news to get him fit and working with his new team mates. He wants an England place so starting fresh should be the best for all concerned.
Looking forward to seeing him in a Sale shirt.

hookjaw (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 13:34
Dimes apleads happy....just tweeted.

Great news for Sale Sharks. Danny Cips will have a full pre season with the squad. That's where the spirit and culture is built. Booooooom
Twitter for iPhone • 30/04/2012 11:00
Retweeted by salesharksMEN

RebelShark (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 14:55
Great news for us(Sm160).... I really could'nt care less why he was rerleased. The main thing is he will be available for pre season & that is worth everything to us.

Olyy (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 14:58
Cipriani mentioned on twitter that if he had come at the end of the Rebels season that he would miss the first month of ours, so it's very good news for us.

Fattie (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 15:29
Has he not done it so that he can be available for the SA tour with England, and therefore will miss a chunk of preseason anyway?

not sure what the overlap is to be honest...

Olyy (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 15:33
Rebels last game of the season is July 14th (presuming they don't make it to the knockouts).
I can't imagine he's done it for a chance with England, to be honest, will need a solid season or so with us before he's knocking on that door, I think.

Easyman (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 15:49
From the few games I have seen of the Rebels, few if any have been able to show their worth since the opposition always seems to have a monopoly of the ball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net