rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Upgraded from whingers to f***wits <sigh>
emerging shark (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 18:28
iBozz, my view is that she has not had the decency to APOLOGISE to the fans.. In her OWN WORDS..easy to do via Swanny..where she simply 'regrets'..not good enough..
I appreciate what you say about mistakes, but the best people admit to them and front up...
'SwannyMediaMan
Holleh Nowrouz deeply regrets the posting she made on her personal facebook page at the end of October. Disciplinary action has been taken and the matter has been dealt with internally and both Sale Sharks and Holleh Nowrouz would like to apologise to supporters of Sale Sharks for causing unnecessary distress'

HaleShark (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 19:40
I hear what you are saying iBozz, yes weíve all made mistakes but the severity of mistake is judged whether you remain in your job or not. Given the personís position within Sale Sharks one has to ask should they have known better?? The obvious answer is yes they should have, we arenít talking about the clubís gardener tweeting rude comments about the supporters, it someone working in the clubs media!! It beggarsí belief that someone should write such a thing, even allowing for the shenanigans thatís currently going on at Sale Sharks at present.

As the person hasnít been sacked then the question has to be asked, is this the wider held view of Sharks management/staff of the supporters??

This isnít a witch-hunt for the personís head, but people genuinely feel p****d off and they have a right to be. Why the person involved hasnít released a public apology in their own words, or more importantly hasnít been allowed to really does speak volumes.

23 December, 2012 19:48
Hale Shark.. didn't I just say that in the above post? ....

HaleShark (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 19:59
You did emerging, endorsing your comments with some of my own..

zinzanh (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 20:03
All I can say is yes there are an incredible amount of f"£$wits who post on these sites and I agree with the young lady negative comments do not help, stick with your new set up rome was not built in a day good luck Sale from a coventry supporter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2012 20:09 by zinzanh.

Finsbury Shark (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 20:25
Quote:
zinzanh
All I can say is yes there are an incredible amount of f"£$wits who post on these sites and I agree with the young lady negative comments do not help, stick with your new set up rome was not built in a day good luck Sale from a coventry supporter.

Fanks.

Except our set up seems to be fiddling while Rome burns, so to speak.

Regards,

F. Witt

Braz (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 20:31
Quote:
zinzanh

Whereas dopey enthusiastic positive PR whilst we're dropping points like batshit week in week out is exactly the tonic we need...

In fairness, I don't particularly blame her given she'll have been doing what she was told (though describing your customers as @#$%& is a touch dense). The problem is the people telling her to do those things and the total lack of coherence between the club propoganda machine and the frankly embarrassing state of the team, because it's been cringeworthy for some time now and is getting increasingly so the more we stare down the barrel of relegation.

galliano2001 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 21:13
iBozz - if I were to ever go onto a public medium and call my clients F*$*wits, I would fully expect not to have a job the following day and also not have any payment as my contract would be terminated for gross misconduct.

You keep saying this was a mistake and we all make mistakes. Indeed we do all make mistakes, very few of us however commit gross misconduct. I want her out of the door, if that means kicking her whilst she is down, abso-bloody-lutely correct. Hopefully the media furore and constant reminders on twitter and Facebook will make her position untenable very soon.

Rugbydon (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 21:18
Totally out of order for a senior post in a major organisation.
As I said before she should go! She should either resign or be told to hand in her notice by the CE.
Sorry guys, but SS have to run their organisation properly.

JB of Sale (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 21:23
I cant help but feel that some of the comments on here are proof that she was right.

Calling for someone to be fired, official complaints.

Whilst i dont know the age and gender of the posters on here, it would appear that the majority are grown men. Time to start acting like it.

galliano2001 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 21:25
Well she is currently on Facebook asking people to email her if they want to 'Blog' about the matches they attend, so feel free to drop her an email on:

holleh.nowrouz@salesharks.com

galliano2001 (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 21:27
JB, I'm treating her as a professional adult rather than using words like 'girl' to try and defend her actions. She should quit as she is obviously not capable of being professional enough to head up our media team.

JB of Sale (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 21:36
Galliano, I agree she wasn' t professional in what she did but she has been dealt with by the club and now it is time to move on.

This time next year she might not have a job anyway and I would mich rather the club spend the time sorting on field matters rather than hiring and firing

mako (IP Logged)
23 December, 2012 21:53
Quote:
HaleShark
As the person hasnít been sacked then the question has to be asked, is this the wider held view of Sharks management/staff of the supporters??

HaleShark,
Sadly, I suspect you have hit the nail right on the head here.

No professional PR person would normally expect to call customers f***wits and keep their job -- or their career for that matter. But if that's what she is hearing from other management/staff, then it becomes much more understandable that she did so.

Sale Rugby - from 1861
A BIG name through the years

23 December, 2012 23:20
'All I can say is yes there are an incredible amount of f"£$wits who post on these sites and I agree with the young lady'
Thanks for your endorsements zinzanh.. I assume you class yourself as a f...wit as you post on here as well..
welcome to the f...wits club...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2012 23:20 by emerging shark.

Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 00:45
It seems to me that the only Sale fans who may legitimately feel offended by Ms Nowrouz's post are those who expressed an opinion that the club should spend less time on social media and more time on coaching.

Fans who did not express such an opinion have no reason to be offended as she was not talking about you. If you do still choose to be offended then you seem to fall into the class of people iBozz refers to in his sig.

If you did comment that the club needed to spend less time on social media and more time on coaching then she has a point. It may have been poorly expressed but to pretend that there is a link between the two and it is a case of one or the other does seem a little dim.

As for those calling for Ms Nowrouz to apologise herself, yes, it would have been better if she had. It is clear, however, that the wording of the apology and the manner of its delivery were decided by the club, probably as part of the outcome of the disciplinary process. It is completely unrealistic to expect Ms Nowrouz to do anything more. Any criticism of the (in)adequacy of the apology should be directed at the club, who are responsible for it, not Ms Howrouz, who isn't.

Those who want her sacked really are sad individuals, particularly given the time of year. For a start, it is not clear that her disciplinary offence does constitute gross misconduct. That is normally reserved for the most serious offences, e.g. thieving from your employer, thumping your manager, groping another employee, etc. Whether Ms Nowrouz's conduct is equivalent is open to debate.

Even if she was guilty of gross misconduct, that is not automatically a dismissal. Many factors have to be taken into account, which may well mitigate the punishment down from dismissal to a final written warning, or even just a written warning.

The club have taken action and an apology has been issued. If you cannot accept that and move on, especially a few days before Christmas, that seems very sad, not to mention churlish and spiteful.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Rocket76 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 08:28
Silly girl posting that on her personal Facebook page. Incidentally I agree 100% with her opinion. The number of 50p experts in this world who make comments about others jobs with no idea about what they are talking about...

Incidentally, it was her personal page so one of her friends have sold her out. It was never meant for full exposure, it was a personal opinion.
By dragging it up on here you have made it reach the National Press. She will probably now lose her job and her chances of getting another in media have been severely dented. All because of a heat of the moment post.

Congrats to you all! Merry Xmas!

Gordon1974 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 09:21
Quote:
Rocket76
Silly girl posting that on her personal Facebook page. Incidentally I agree 100% with her opinion. The number of 50p experts in this world who make comments about others jobs with no idea about what they are talking about...
Incidentally, it was her personal page so one of her friends have sold her out. It was never meant for full exposure, it was a personal opinion.
By dragging it up on here you have made it reach the National Press. She will probably now lose her job and her chances of getting another in media have been severely dented. All because of a heat of the moment post.

Congrats to you all! Merry Xmas!

Rocket I agree that demanding her sacking is going to far.

It is, however, utterly beyond comprehension that a media relations bod wouldn't have the common sense to realise that in theday and age of multi media internet etc, in reality your personal facebook aint personal at all. Any posts anywhere need to be self policed, as the above example shows, it only takes a couple of clicks with a mouse to forward personal views to the world.

The real the origins of fans criticism of the multi media output, in my view, is based on seeing players tweeting at ridulucous hours on the evening of games when they should be, as many are duly concerned they are not, sleeping.

This saga has also been excaberbated by the recent departure of other popular staff members like John Everton through redundancy. So then seeing someone refers to fans as fu$kwits, is bound to cause problems, especially when many are also finding the move to Barton very difficult for a great many reasons.

In summary fu$kwitgate, sorry had to done, has been the tipping point for many to vent a lot of their frustrations, over lot of things.

PACMANPROP (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 10:25
To all of you who think she should have kept her job for all sorts of silly reasons, like its Christmas and we all make mistakes.
Not only has she p*****d off a lot of the fan base sorry paying customers, she has also made SS a laughing stock off the field as well as on it, see Telegraph and even worse on ESPN yesterday. On the same day BK is upbraiding Cipriani for not Tackling, a media Executive gets away with calling customers F******s.

Walmersley Shark (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 10:40
I have not posted on here for some considerable time, but read the site on a regular basis.

First of all the posting itself

Then the leaving it there for two months until it was seen by someone else and reported

Even then the failure to apologise publicly other than someone else reporting that an apology had been made.

All this not from some office junior but from the person responsible for all the clubs Internet output to "supporters" aka "customers" aka "fxxxwits"

And John Everton out of work.

And some of you think it's just a little mistake.

And as for the comments from Rotherham criticising Anne for starting the thread, I am speechless.

Edited in final paragraph to explain for those who don't know why I referred to Anne.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2012 11:34 by Walmersley Shark.

Reality Time (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 11:53
As a matter of interest are the toilets any cleaner after Ms Nobrains was re-assigned responsibilities?

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 13:02
Quote:
galliano2001
Well she is currently on Facebook asking people to email her if they want to 'Blog' about the matches they attend, so feel free to drop her an email on:
holleh.nowrouz@salesharks.com

OK, you believe that this episode is evidence that the lady didn't do her job properly. Questionable, on her PERSONAL FB page, but I'll concede it for simplicity's sake.

Your solution for this appears to be to sabotage her efforts to do it properly in future. I can only assume you want us to make that completely impossible by harassing her until she's worn down, gives up and resigns. I'll decline that invitation thanks!

What she did looks like a stupid and naive, knee-jerk response, letting off steam after a frustrating day at the office.
Some of what's going on in this thread looks like premeditated, calculated, sustained bullying.

I should maybe set up a stall before the Wuss game, selling pitchforks and flaming torches. Throw in a noose or two and I'll clean up!

Like all on here, I'm far from impressed by the way the club has been run this season, and, yes, far from impressed by the naivety of thinking a post like that one would go unnoticed (As an aside, the Social Media enthusiasts, especially the professionals, do seem to be the most dismissive of the confidentiality issues!). However, if SS now rode roughshod over their own Disciplinary Procedure, and spinelessly tried to appease mob rule by sacrificing this lady, then I really think I wouldn't want any more to do with such a cowardly and inhumane outfit. Quite apart from being wide open to an Unfair Dismissal case, having themselves once conceded that dismissal wasn't justified. And disciplinary findings should ALWAYS be kept as confidential as possible!

Incidentally, my 30 yo daughter can't understand why anybody is so upset by what she describes as an "affectionate term of banter, like you'd use to your friends. I could do far better than that if I really wanted to insult somebody!"

I'll confess, THAT took me aback.

Rocket76 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 13:22
It wasn't a silly mistake. It was a correct assessment of certain people that should've been kept to herself.

The silly mistake was putting it on Facebook and assuming that her "friends" wouldn't sell her out.
Given her job title she should've known better.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 13:59
well she has now paid the price and been sacked.

Do you hear the people f**ckwits sing ?
Singing a song of angry men supporters ?

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 14:02
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
... the wording of the apology and the manner of its delivery were decided by the club ... criticism of the (in)adequacy of the apology should be directed at the club, who are responsible for it

Agree entirely!

Presumably the disciplinary hearing would have been held by her Line Manager, and the apology drafted by the person in overall charge of communications. Who, I'd guess, is the same person.

So do we now want that person sacking too?

Provided it's been dealt with according to accepted Industrial Relations standards, then the club should make no further comment.

galliano2001 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 14:03
Well she is now gone, as I said yesterday her job was untenable, that was obvious from the moment the story broke, it just seems we had to go through the standard drawn out process of admitting that fact.

clutch (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 14:08
So Anne, who I assume outed this facebook page can't be criticised? Or am i missing something here?

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 14:25
What did Anne do wrong?

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 14:27
To be fair, Anne was (quite rightly) annoyed, but I can't imagine she expected quite such an extreme level of blood-lust.

I'll wait for official confirmation, but if true, then this is craven behaviour by the club and they'll be doing without my contributions of (admittedly modest) financial and emotional support as long as the current regime is in place.

I don't imagine that will cause too many sleepless nights for anyone.

clutch (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 14:32
Really. On this board? Not buying that is the slightest. Don't know her but by all accounts she knows plenty of posters who weren't likely to laugh it off. In fact CE in the sun promised to complain to Kennedy, who's e mail she still has? Happy to back off if i'm barking up the wrong tree.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 14:43
Didn't think it should be laughed off Clutch, it was out of order and needed dealing with.

The upshot was monstrously disproportionate though, or so it appears.

I don't know Anne either, but, perhaps naively, thought her silence after the original post showed a reluctance to join in the overreaction.

Walmersley Shark (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 15:29
Quote:
clutch
So Anne, who I assume outed this facebook page can't be criticised? Or am i missing something here?

Of course Anne can be criticised in the right circumstances, but what was written by the Rotherham supporter was just totally out of order.

BullShark. "What did Anne do wrong?". Nothing

ageing hoody. That may well be a term of endearment within your daughter's social circle. Can't really imagine it but if you say so then I have no reason to disbelieve you. But even leaving aside the choice of word, if she had referred to 'idiots' it would still have been unacceptable. We are not her friends. We are not in her social circle. We are her "customers". You do not publicly insult your customers. And even if you do after a hard day, you remove it quickly, not leave it up there for two months until someone sees it. Or at least that's not the way most people look to treat their customers. Or at least I hope not.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 16:00
[quote Walmersley Shark]..may well be a term of endearment within your daughter's social circle...quote]

Oops, looks like I've inadvertently cast my daughter in an unfavourable light!
As I said, it took me aback, but I put it down to the inevitable generation gap, and the thought that things are different in London.
As she works for a military charity, perhaps it's too much mixing with HM forces.

I take your point, but wonder, if the chosen word had been one we all recognise as "chaffing", would the reaction have been so condemnatory?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2012 16:04 by ageinghoody.

Ex-RAFshark (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 16:40
Just to clear up some misconceptions about how this all started.
It was my fault, not anyone elses. I was banned from making comments on the clubs FB page as I was seen to be too critical of the management, not individual players. I complained to the club, and after having the decision rescinded, Holleh chose to go on the SSSC FB page and post a blatant lie about me NOT being banned. I responded by saying that I wouldn't accept lies being told about me, to which she replied that she found being called a liar grossly offensive (these posts have now disappeared). She then invited people to e-mail her to discuss things, which I did, asking her to point out where anything I had said was incorrect or rude to anuyone. I admitted that I was VERY critical of management and if anything was deemed as untrue or unacceptable I would make a public apology. She didn't even have the courtesy to reply, perhaps admitting that I was not in the wrong. Another person who had been banned tried to contact her on FB and found the original posting by her. There were also others describing ,for example, how she returned from holiday, found 211 e-mails, highlighted them and deleted them. Further proof that she wasn't taking her job or the supporters views seriously.
I have been made redundant twice this year, so whilst I wouldn't wish that on anyone, SHE had made her position untenable, not anyone else.
Hopefully, this will stop posters blaming others who were not the responsible people. Anyone with a problem with that, please feel free to contact me, and if required I can prove that none of this is untrue either.

Edited for the benefit of Quin Kong, just so it's clear that I didn't highlight the posting.

Per Ardua.

RIP the 405 (21/03/12)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2012 22:50 by Ex-RAFshark.

CEintheSun (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 18:36
My other post

Please read my post on the other thread and accept my apologies for being so slow to get back to this thread.

Remember too, people I've respected and admired for many years and who I know love the club dearly and went over and above any duty they had to help supporters, have recently been made redundant just before Christmas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2012 18:49 by CEintheSun.

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 21:58
So Ex RAF and CEv in the sun are both ex-aus DJ's who like calling maternity hospitals for a cheap laugh/because their own lives are not workng out so someone must lose their livelihood(sp) right?

QUIN KONG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2012 22:02 by Quin Kong.

Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 22:02
Quote:
CEintheSun
Remember too, people I've respected and admired for many years and who I know love the club dearly and went over and above any duty they had to help supporters, have recently been made redundant just before Christmas.

So three wrongs make a right? Sorry, but I can't agree. The fact that the club has treated a couple of other employees badly does not justify or excuse the club or some of its supporters treating another employee even worse.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Ex-RAFshark (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 22:45
Quin Kong, I'd suggest you read my post again before throwing accusations around. Just to put you in the picture, as you so clearly need to know, I have been made redundant twice this year, am awaiting a knee replacement and last Thursday finally got the all clear regarding suspected Colon cancer, so I have far more important things going on in my life than winding people up, such as finding a way to keep my family fed and housed. It was insinuated that I had been lying and I responded defensively, is that not allowed?
SHE made the comments about the supporters of Sale Sharks, not me. SHE left them on a public profile that anyone could see. SHE, a so called media savvy professional acted unprofessionally, not me.
I didn't and never have done, want anyone to know the sickening feeling of being made redundant. I've had it once this year because of an MOD contract balls up and once because the owner of the firm decided that my knee wouldn't stand up to a rigorous commercial Christmas. Neither were my fault. In neither job did I think it appropriate to abuse/insult those that paid my wages. I may have been responsible initially for the problem being found, all I had done though, is respond to having a lie about me being posted publicly, but it was HER fault that she has suffered the consequences, not mine.
I hope this clarifies my situation to your full satisfaction, if not please feel free to throw some more baseless insults my way. Also, if you can find, anywhere, any indication I have made that I wanted her fired, you'll be a miracle worker.

Per Ardua.

RIP the 405 (21/03/12)

farndon1861 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2012 23:45
who gives a toss,happy christmas.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
25 December, 2012 00:13
I'm sure this is totally besides the point now, but something I noticed on initial reading of the first post on this thread: the opening line of the facebook entry was factually incorrect. Seven Premiership games in all had been lost, not seven home games. If last season were to be included it would be five consecutive home games lost.

Ballygobackwards (IP Logged)
25 December, 2012 00:20
Sounds just like London Irish!
See you in March.

almostatyke (IP Logged)
25 December, 2012 14:49
Good to see you have got your priorities right, sacking the messenger, see you next season in the Championship perhaps? The north needs Premiership rugby and our hopes are on you getting your act together. Please?

I wasn't born in Yorkshire, but I got here as soon as I could

Saw yed sharks (IP Logged)
25 December, 2012 17:31
Quote:
almostatyke
The north needs Premiership rugby and our hopes are on you getting your act together. Please?

Jeez, Almostatyke, don't hold your breath. Our act is about as far from being together as it can get!!

26 December, 2012 19:43
this is craven behaviour by the club and they'll be doing without my contributions of (admittedly modest) financial and emotional support as long as the current regime is in place
Ageinghoody, I'm astounded that you continue to post comments whilst not continuing to support the club by attending matches... pretty crass..

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
26 December, 2012 23:08
I'm curious, why the two month delay between the incident and the screen grab of it being posted ?

Stuart

Former ed.

Olyy (IP Logged)
26 December, 2012 23:37
Presumably whoever screencapped it only went on their profile recently - does beg the question:
a) Why go to her profile?
and b) Why go back through several months of her posts etc. before seeing this one?

pitprop (IP Logged)
27 December, 2012 10:36
It doesn't beg any questions.

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
27 December, 2012 10:49
Quote:
Olyy
Presumably whoever screencapped it only went on their profile recently - does beg the question:
a) Why go to her profile?
and b) Why go back through several months of her posts etc. before seeing this one?

Ex-Raf shark answered that one. You've commented throughout this thread so I'm sure you saw that post. Why are you stirring things up?

Olyy (IP Logged)
27 December, 2012 12:54
Jesus wept...

No, I haven't actually.
Reading back now I see that he wanted to message her - why go through several months of posts when the message button is right at the top of the page?

H's D (IP Logged)
27 December, 2012 13:45
Was he initially banned in October? It would seem reasonable to look what she was commenting at that point.

TCM2007 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2012 13:32
Odd, if she was reprimanded back then, surely she'd have deleted the post?

Stuart

Former ed.

Ex-RAFshark (IP Logged)
29 December, 2012 13:49
Can people not read the post? I didn't want to contact her. Here, again,is how it came about. I only posted an explanation as I thought people were getting blamed for stirring things up and no-one actually knew why and what had happend.
I was banned in December for criticising the club management too often.
I contacted the club to find out why.
Someone at the club sorted it for me.
Holleh came onto the SSSC FB page and insinuated I'd been lying.
I said I would not tolerate lies being published about me. She said she found that highly offensive and wanted me to e-mail her, which I did.
SOMEONE ELSE who had been banned tried to contact her and found the post.
I am aware of who found it, but that's it, I didn't...and I didn't screen cap it or publish it.

Per Ardua.

RIP the 405 (21/03/12)

Lwelsh1994 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2013 00:05
Shocked that this is going on at sale? I was convinced that irish and sale were going to turn it on now! Can't wait for the game at the kassam now, whoever loses will go down in my opinion coyw!!!

08 January, 2013 09:07
Rugger Ho' has been uncharacteristically silent on this topic. Where's that Yorkshire plain speaking?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net