rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Rugby pubs in Manchester city centre
UxQuin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2014 19:54
A Quins fan in peace.

Any good pubs in Manchester city centre that will show the Harlequins v Saracens play-off semi-final?

PS- I've had a great time at the recent Sale v Quins fixture.

Re: Rugby pubs in Manchester city centre
MikeGC (IP Logged)
16 May, 2014 20:36
I'm sure someone will jump in but the only likely place is Walkabout on Quay Street. Unfortunately Manchester is soccer central and you'll struggle to find a bar showing anything else.

16 May, 2014 20:41
Not in the centre, but accessible - The Brook might be showing it. Hop on an Altrincham tram and get off at Brooklands - you're right next to the pub (the back wall of the pub is the station wall).

Give them a call on 0161 973 7773. Dave (the landlord) is a Sale fan, and the pub organises coaches to home matches, so there's a good chance.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

UxQuin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2014 20:56
Aw! Thanks. Not a fan of Walkabout but needs must... The Brook looks to be handy for future BT televised fixtures.

Cheers!

Barend (IP Logged)
16 May, 2014 21:22
Or the Irish pub at the Printworks, opposite Victoria Station, called Waxy O'Connors sometimes has rugby on.

snaderson (IP Logged)
17 May, 2014 12:51
Another Irish pub, Mulligans, usually shows rugby on one of its many tellies. It just off Deansgate, near Kendal's (House of Fraser) department store, on the corner of Bridge Street and Southgate. Lucky it doesn't clash with the FA Cup final.

iBozz (IP Logged)
17 May, 2014 14:01
It's a tad late now, but Sale FC are showing the game - we show many sporting events on the big screens. The "What's On" page lists those coming up and is worth bookmarking.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

UxQuin (IP Logged)
18 May, 2014 18:02
Many thanks for your help. I ended up watching the semi-final at Montpellier's in the Northern Quarter. They have a BT Sport subscription. They were happy to show the rugby. I wish they refused to show in the first place!

I'll keep those pubs in my mind for the next season. Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net