rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Paul Hill
23Shark (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:00
Was just browsing through the Northampton forum and came across this

Quote:
Ethan being allowed to leave is an omnishambles of a colossal proportions.
Look, I've made it clear in the past, I'm a signed member of the Waller Bros fan club & yet I know that players will come and go.

However,
Alex has made 200 plus appearances for the Saints. Is a machine. Gives it everything.
Ethan has made less than 100, is now 24 and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree when it comes to attitude and performance like his big bro.

So why go?

He's one of our own. He's well liked and respected around the club. He's very talented. He's also well regarded around the AP. He's also very coachable with huge room for growth, expansion and improvement. He's also most likely fed up of being on the tackle bags. He's also not kicking on. He also knows this it seems. He's also not daft.

Now take all that, change the name to Paul and take away the pangs of loyalty.

Would it surprise any of you to know that these 2 lads featured 1 and 2 on the list of props wanted by Sale?

If it does, it shouldn't.

Seems the Northampton fans seem to think we're in for both Waller and Hill, wouldn't say no to either of them although Hill only signed a new deal in July 2016.

Re: Paul Hill
MikeGC (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:29
I personally think young Waller's biggest problem is that he didn't (or wasn't coached to) change position. Yes, yes, he should be allowed to play in the position he prefers, but....
If Dorian West had suggested that he might get more game time by changing position we might then have seen a Waller Hooker Waller front row for the Saints.

Hill won't move unless someone buys him out of his Saints' contract

C3Q (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 13:50
Waller has signed for Worcester according to the Beeb.

2007dwain (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 15:09
Another English man lost

45jumper (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 15:41
Wouldn't have thought Waller would fit the profile of who we are after, good player though he is.
We already have Harrison (who is still only 24!) and Flynn as younger props, I would imagine that we're after a more experienced loosehead who can act as a mentor to the other two and hold up his end of the scrum if Harrison is struggling / needs a rest.

SaintNice (IP Logged)
18 January, 2017 09:06
Paul Hill has been strongly rumored to be leaving us for you guys for a couple of weeks now. Although a reliable journo source close to the club suggests there's not much in the rumours.
I'd be gutted if it went through - we've found a gem in Hill and we should be giving him far more game time.

james46 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2017 15:04
Hill is a bit of a gamble, as he had two great games last season and based on that and the U20's got into the full England set-up as a trial. He's really not cut it ths season, and has hence slid down the England rankings and played bench boy for most of the season.

He could be an outstanding prop, but for some reason he's just not doing it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Sale Sharks Poll

Who is the EP legends Openside Flanker?

See results > Submit >>