rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Faf de Klerk
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 11:47

Re: Faf de Klerk
H's Dad... (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 13:12

14 April, 2017 13:17
Sports journos repeat same story - that's a first Shirley.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 13:33
Quote:

Oops yes. Senior moment!

Osshark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 03:25
Neil Fissler posting on twitter that the Faf and James O'connor deal are "all off." Ho hum.

yukon (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 07:46
Quote:
Osshark
Neil Fissler posting on twitter that the Faf and James O'connor deal are "all off." Ho hum.

Can you do a link please, I can't see that on Fissler's twitter feed

15 April, 2017 07:50
a gary Holmes asks how close Sale are to Faf & O'Connor and Fiss replies "all off".

Also this:-

"Sorry added to great works of fiction Mike Brown to Saracens or Leicester, Ben Te'o to Leicester, Danny Care to Bath, Ben Spencer to Sale ."

yukon (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 08:01
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
a gary Holmes asks how close Sale are to Faf & O'Connor and Fiss replies "all off".

"Sorry added to great works of fiction Mike Brown to Saracens or Leicester, Ben Te'o to Leicester, Danny Care to Bath, Ben Spencer to Sale ."

Cheers.

If true, it once again proves the old "2-3 week" theory really means "we haven't signed anyone". Shame

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 09:45
Not really fiction, just premature. Only the opening chapter was ever written. An all too common "psychological" problem: Journo's, DORs and supporters apparently all suffer: (ejaculatio praecox!)

Sarries are looking for a high quality scrum half, nothing will happen unless they sign one.
Ben still has a year to run on his contract. Why on earth would they let him go till they're sorted themselves!?

That has been the situation for at least a couple of months now, but it may well take another ten. Is that soon enough for Sale? Apparently not: hence they looked to S.A.!
All pretty obvious.

The pen is in abeyance, but everything else may well have been in place. The foreplay was just far too public!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2017 09:48 by H's Dad....

15 April, 2017 10:04
You'd better have a post-coital fag now Vitnery.

WithingtonShark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 10:35
Just made the mistake of looking at Fissler's twitter. I forgot just what an arrogant, rude little man he is! He seems incapable of answering anybody in a civil manner.

15 April, 2017 10:42
Millwall fan - say no more.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 11:39
Ben still has a year to run on his contract. Why on earth would they let him go till they're sorted themselves!?'
just possibly because they can't offer him regular game time and are hedging on a new contract. Most players want new contracts sorted about a year before their existing contract expires...

Olyy (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 13:06
Quote:

All of whom he touted
That people consider him the be all and end all of transfers is crazy,
He's the epitome of "throw enough @#$%& at the wall and some of it will stick"

15 April, 2017 13:16
Nah - he talks to agents who try to get the best deals for their players. It's professional sport. He himself is a soccer fan. No doubt Sale did talk to those players' agents to justify their moolah.

Homsey (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 13:39
Quote:
Olyy
Quote:

All of whom he touted

That was me - not sure how much ITK Neil is - obviously more than me though.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 15:44
The other thing to bear in mind is he seemingly never confirms a deal in reply to someone on twitter if it isn't yet done and dusted. He wants people to buy his paper....

15 April, 2017 17:56
Faf on the bench for Lions. As we speak on 77 min he has not been used. Any significance ? i.e. Out of favour as he's on his way to us ??

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 08:53
Quote:
Pappje Shark
The other thing to bear in mind is he seemingly never confirms a deal in reply to someone on twitter if it isn't yet done and dusted. He wants people to buy his paper....

And lo.....apparently today's TRP says both De Klerk and O'Connor are "done deals". QED.

yukon (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 09:18
Quote:
Homsey
Quote:
Olyy
Quote:

All of whom he touted

That was me - not sure how much ITK Neil is - obviously more than me though.

I think if you throw a handful of darts at a board, so will hit. He's obviously got some inside knowledge mind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2017 09:24 by yukon.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 09:19
Quote:
Pappje Shark
Quote:
Pappje Shark

And lo.....apparently today's TRP says both De Klerk and O'Connor are "done deals". QED.

TBF he does like to stir @#$%& on his Twitter for some twisted reason. So that could be his way of trying to get a reaction on this board.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 10:55
I don't think he's stirring here. More simply that he isn't going to give away for free what's in his column the next day.

16 April, 2017 11:02
Reports that Dimes is after Tongan lock/flanker Dan Faleafa.

Tigger (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 11:42
Quote:
Pappje Shark
I don't think he's stirring here. More simply that he isn't going to give away for free what's in his column the next day.

Neil Fissler‏ @neilfissler
Replying to @SaleRugbyNews and @TheRugbyPaper
Apologise for saying the deals were off. But I'm not going to give stuff away and annoy my employers and don't want to be rude and not reply

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 11:53
For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not Fissler!

SaintED (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 13:02
With Ackermann off to Glaws might de Clerk be headed there?

23Shark (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 14:42
Quote:
SaintED
With Ackermann off to Glaws might de Clerk be headed there?

Fissler has now said they're done deals and he doesn't say that without being sure

Olyy (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 19:45
Quote:
Reports that Dimes is after Tongan lock/flanker Dan Faleafa.
Surely we've already got enough back rowers who can play lock?
We need an actual second rower!

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 11:25
Apparently it's less rude and deliberately misleading to lie on twitter than than not reply!
The new morality!
What happened to "Buy the rugby paper early tomorrow and you'll be the first to know?"[:wor kid:]

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 11:28
It would appear he's taken umbrage at Withington's comments....

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 11:50
Quote:
Pappje Shark

It does seem he like to dredge the network forums for tidbits.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 12:02
Why didn't he just reply appropriately in the first place?
Why was he so reluctant to promote his employer on twitter?

WithingtonShark (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 12:15
Quote:
Irish_Shark
Quote:
Pappje Shark

It does seem he like to dredge the network forums for tidbits.

Are you calling me a tidbit? (Sm111)

There is no need for rudeness on social media and he as a "journalist" should be well above that sort of thing. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, I don't know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2017 15:23 by WithingtonShark.

thekeg (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 12:35
Quote:
H's Dad...
Why didn't he just reply appropriately in the first place?
Why was he so reluctant to promote his employer on twitter?

Quite, bizarre reaction from him

17 April, 2017 19:17
Sale statement:-

[www.salesharks.com]

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
21 June, 2017 14:38
Quote:
Sale statement:-
[www.salesharks.com]

Apologies if this has already been picked up, but I hadn't seen it and it's worth a look.

[youtu.be]

I was particularly amused as my 5'3", 9.5 stone frame was used in exactly the same way around 1967.

Back then the ref objected and blew up, but then admitted it was only because he'd never seen it done before and couldn't believe it was legal!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Sale Sharks Poll

Who is the EP legends Openside Flanker?

See results > Submit >>