rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Year Zero
gsmithtick (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 18:18
Looks like the vision of “Year Zero” is coming to fruition Six players in the International set up with others knocking on the door.
Investment and new signings on the horizon the future seems very bright.
I sat in the room several years ago at the AJ Bell and wondered if he (Dimes) could pull it off but fair play, I see successful times ahead.

Re: Year Zero
SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 21:28
Done a good job hasnt he?
Not only have we got six in England squad we have others not far away and best thing is they are all signed up on long term deals. Credit has to go to Dimes, Simon and Ged for making this happen.
Also the Academy team made the final this season for the first time and several of those players have received call ups making sure the production line Dimes promised in Year Zero continues to provide even more talent for years to come.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 22:54
Weren't you jsmithtick in year zero.

Olyy (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 23:15
Haven't we got 4 in the England set up? Not 6?

Still a massive achievement, though, and an improvement on recent seasons. When's the last time we had 4?

21 April, 2017 06:57
Keep the board independent.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

SharkyMcSharkface (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 07:03
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan
Done a good job hasnt he?
Not only have we got six in England squad we have others not far away and best thing is they are all signed up on long term deals. Credit has to go to Dimes, Simon and Ged for making this happen.
Also the Academy team made the final this season for the first time and several of those players have received call ups making sure the production line Dimes promised in Year Zero continues to provide even more talent for years to come.

Great news for the club and players that have been called up. Haley & Beaumont have previously been involved in England squads and Will Addison would surely have gone on this tour had he been fit. Lots of others with the potential to be called up in future e.g. Jennings, Neild, Nott etc.

For me, the focus on working with local clubs and schools to bring through the best talent in the NW is spot on and will hopefully bring the success we all want in the future.

21 April, 2017 07:09
The England squad runs for 12 months and Haley & Beaumont are still in the squad.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 07:10
I'm pleased to see we've stopped the exit of our better players, not an easy task considering the money being offered by the bigger teams, so Dimes and Co. they should take credit for that.

The Academy appears to be churning out good youngsters too, one aspect I think Sale have got it absolutely nailed-on right. Recently I believe we had 11 ex. academy players in the match-day 23 squad which we should be proud of. In the next couple of years we may be in a position to field 75% of the starting XV with players that have gone through the academy.

Great to see the Curry boys, Sam James and D.S. in the England squad. Not sure if any would have featured if the Lions tour wasn't happening but encouraging to see they are on E.J.'s radar which is difficult given the quality of English players right now.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 07:17
Jsmithtick, 24th April 2012 "Exciting times ahead".
Gsmithtick, 20th April 2017 "The future seems very bright".

I wonder what will be said in April 2022.

In spite of the hype there is an air of better things on the horizon on the playing front as long as the final few (and perhaps the most important) positions can be properly filled.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 07:29
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan
The England squad runs for 12 months and Haley & Beaumont are still in the squad.
Not according to the just updated page on the RFU site, England rugby squad

21 April, 2017 07:58
Our paperwork says they are still in the EPS

21 April, 2017 08:13
There's an England v BaaBaas on May 28th. I expect Josh, Haley and maybe others to play.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Flumpty (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 08:23
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales
There's an England v BaaBaas on May 28th. I expect Josh, Haley and maybe others to play.

I'll be there to cheer chem along if they are.

The End of May Eng vs (usually) BaaBaas game is a really nice way for a supporter to finish the rugby season, plus, the RFU price the tickets well, so its a lot easier on the pocket.

gsmithtick (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 10:07
Yes Dave its the same person i changed email address and needed to re register!!

jaytom (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 11:07
FWIW Addison is still listed as being in the Saxons too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net