rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

We're not the only rugby club that shoots itself into both feet
Flumpty (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 11:26
There be some unhappy Budgies in the Budgie Cage, over their HOME fixture in the USofA next season.

Away from disgruntled Budgie fans, its quite an initiative from NF.
Is there a strong Geordie presence in Philly , or is it simply that's where the golden rule has taken them ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2017 11:36 by Flumpty.

Re: We're not the only rugby club that shoots itself into both feet
Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 11:35
What i don't understand is why saracens, having being involved in both of these american trips haven't been the designated home team.

madders (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 11:52
Nice to see their managing director contributing to the forum, and pretty fair and honest straight talking.

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 11:55
I think it is Sarries the Americans want and the home team is whoever they can persuade to tag along. As Sarries already move matches to Wembley I imagine this is just a paper exercise in getting them over every year without moving any more of their home matches.

Interesting quote from Mick Hogan there: 'Compensation will either be money back, credits to other games, additional tickets or a ticket to the game in the US if you are able to go'. Note to Swanny for if ever the day comes when he pens such an announcement to us; if I stumped up the cash to travel all the way to the US, I wouldn't be too impressed to be offered as compensation a ticket to a game that I'd already bought a ticket for.

clutch (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 12:50
The whole point is there will be multiple options I'd imagine.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 13:09
Perhaps it should have been written as and rather than or. I am left wondering, though, where the National Front fit into all this. Why Philadelphia? Well other than the well known cheese there are shipyards and coal mines nearby, so some at least should feel at home.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 17:43
I have a suggestion for them, why don't they offer a free tic to ST holders for any home games in the cup competitions where they qualify for the knock out stages as a sweetener...

Tigger (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 17:58
As Newcastle are the home team does this mean they get the revenue from the game? Do they also have to pay the stadium costs etc? Do not understand why PRL support this....

Surely a team can not be forced into a decision to move one of their home games...and if Sarries wanted to move their game against us to another continent then I would hold out for them to pay the full costs of doing so...including any Sale supporters who wanted to travel...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 08:40
I doubt very much they are forced into it, but that it will be very much to their financial advantage to do so. No doubt it will be our turn soon, should the practice continue. As a couple of posters on the Falcons thread pointed out, if doing this allows the club to sign the quality of players that the fans demand, then the fans will have to show some understanding. However, no matter how speedily anything needs to be set up, announcing the game after Season tickets have been renewed just smacks of dishonesty and the club should expect a substantial backlash.

There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - R.I.P. Dickie Jeeps 25/11/1931 - 08/10/2016

ale shark (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 09:05
O/T but quite an interesting article from a few months ago about the NFL games that are being played over here. I wonder how long the appeal will be sustained but Spurs seem to be pretty heavily invested in it.

[www.theguardian.com]

£699 Platinum seats available for New Orleans v Miami Dolphins at Wembley. I wonder how much their Platinum season ticket holders pay! Do our platinum ticket holders get a visit from Independance or the Sharketttes or whatever they call themselves now?

19 May, 2017 09:22
They get a FREE hot dog and a FREE bottle of Bud.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 09:23 by Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Sale Sharks Poll

Who is the EP legends Openside Flanker?

See results > Submit >>