rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Billy Woof
MikeGC (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 16:54
As a admirer of rugby at all levels and having recently seen Billy play at Birkenhead Park, I thought to start this thread .
Billy started as Myerscough and I believe had a spell at Caldy then Hoppers before moving onto Birkenhead, playing for them in their promotinal win in last game of the season,
Unfortunately Billy suffered a significant knee dislocation, which led to further operations unfortunately Billy has now had to have a lower leg amputated.
Billy no doubt will have a long road of rehabilitation ahead of him, but I'm sure as ever the Rugby community will rally round and wish Billy well and a very speedy recovery.

A link to BP's website:-

[www.pitchero.com]

edit for spelling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2017 16:55 by MikeGC.

Re: Billy Woof
18 May, 2017 17:14
What dreadful luck. I wish Billy well.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 19:30
I hadn't seen this in the news, so it comes as quite a shock. Seeing the title I had visions that he had been signed at some level. Billy played up to (I think) colts level at Caldy. His brother, Shaun, was captain at Caldy for several years as his career was winding down, having had some premiership experience while at Leeds. Billy was quite a number of years younger than Shaun. It's truly terrible news. I wish him well.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 19:51
Absolutely dreadful news to hear a young player has had to have an amputation brought about by a knee dislocation. Rugby can be a cruel game.

MikeGC (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 15:47
BP have set up a "Just Giving" page to support Billy.

[donate.justgiving.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Sale Sharks Poll

Who is the EP legends Openside Flanker?

See results > Submit >>