rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.


More good news from the academy...
Tigger (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:07
[www.salesharks.com]



http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.




Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 12:08 by Tigger.

 
Re: More good news from the academy...
Prop at Work (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:23
Excellent news indeed. Literally could not be better!

 
Re: More good news from the academy...
ale shark (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:00
I'm sorry but this is not good enough. Dimes has made it clear that he expects 110% from everyone at the club. Not happy about this at all.

 
Re: More good news from the academy...
emerging shark (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 17:28
I'll get controversial and dive for the sofa. I don't think academies should be linked to clubs ...(Sm159)

 
Re: More good news from the academy...
DaveAitch (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:45
Quote:
emerging shark
I'll get controversial and dive for the sofa. I don't think academies should be linked to clubs ...(Sm159)
I presume you mean clubs above a certain level, especially those which are fully professional assuming academy equals colts. How much room is ther behind your sofa, es?"

 
Re: More good news from the academy...
Tigger (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 20:11
Quote:
emerging shark
I'll get controversial and dive for the sofa. I don't think academies should be linked to clubs ...(Sm159)

OK...I will ask...Why?



http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

 
Re: More good news from the academy...
emerging shark (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 20:27
As far as I'm aware, the academy's we are talking about are funded by the RFU, therefore in my opinion, up until the age of 16 at least, possibly even 18, they should be independent of the clubs, any club. I'm not even sure if academies, up until at least the age of 16, are even needed at all. Perhaps regional centres of excellence would be a better option.
I have seen so many boys who had great potential at say 14/15 fall by the wayside when they get to 18/19. Professional clubs have a vested interest in spreading the net wide and then discarding boys, we may be moving to the football situation.

 
Re: More good news from the academy...
thekeg (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 21:36
Quote:
emerging shark
As far as I'm aware, the academy's we are talking about are funded by the RFU, therefore in my opinion, up until the age of 16 at least, possibly even 18, they should be independent of the clubs, any club. I'm not even sure if academies, up until at least the age of 16, are even needed at all. Perhaps regional centres of excellence would be a better option.
I have seen so many boys who had great potential at say 14/15 fall by the wayside when they get to 18/19. Professional clubs have a vested interest in spreading the net wide and then discarding boys, we may be moving to the football situation.

Isn't that just the way these things happen naturally? Why would non club academies get more players through? Surely the clubs have every incentive to bring through as many as they can and save the cost of recruiting from outside.

 
Re: More good news from the academy...
PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 04:41
I understand the concern emerging, is there any evidence that the Sale academy has cast it's net wide, or just a fear that it can happen in the future?



There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - R.I.P. Dickie Jeeps 25/11/1931 - 08/10/2016

 
Re: More good news from the academy...
H's Dad... (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 09:32
Three questions ES.
Why do you think the clubs have a 'vested interest' in spreading the net wider, discarding individuals at schoolboy level? Each Academy has a specific cathment areas, so where does the notion of a wider net come from?
If the top clubs aren't involved who is going to provide the very best coaching expertise?

Isn't our mutual experience of many excellent boys being discarded/missing out merely a reflection of lack of thoroughness in initial scouting and selection of boys in the last decade or more?


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?