rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Stand off/Fly half/Outside half/No.10
FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 11:05
Whatever you call it, looks like we're starting pre-season training with only one of them, with cover provided by one of our international starting centres. Makes you wonder why we let both Mugford and Morton go!

Re: Stand off/Fly half/Outside half/No.10
NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 12:16
I still think retaining Mugford would've been a good idea. The guy clearly has some attacking potential but I felt he just needed greater opportunity and an arm around the shoulder in order to show his best.

If we don't sign anyone else for the shirt then I hope we have a few high quality 10s in the Academy to call upon.

Looking at it, the Jets could do with a few more players unless the Club are going with the idea to keep as thin a squad as possible to make introducing young players "easier" and then picking up players from local clubs to fill in gaps for Jets matches. This option could be beneficial in terms of young player experience but also will help the rugby community of the North West to effectively group behind one single club.

On the flip side this could lead to major issues if an injury crisis strikes and the Club then have to delve in to a pretty dry well of players to sign up.

Either way all we can do is hope for the best!!

Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 13:03
Wouldn't mind picking up a first five-eighth either

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 16:57
If we do go into the new season with just the one recognised fly half, then we deserve all we get. Sam James is adequate cover, no more. We have a young back line, full of potential, but they need a decent, recognised fly half to unleash that. Hopefully AJ will continue to develop next season and become the player we all hope he can but if he gets injured, we are up a creek again with a very small paddle.

As importantly, we do not have a consistent, regular, recognised back up kicker. Will is adequate but thats all. When will we learn that it is points that win matches? Does Dimes not understand that you get 2 points for a conversion and 3 for a penalty?

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 20:40
Will did better than adequate and will be back practising as soon as he is fit enough too, or at least he said as much in a twitter exchange with me a few months back.

ale shark (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 21:25
Quote:
Pappje Shark
Will did better than adequate and will be back practising as soon as he is fit enough too, or at least he said as much in a twitter exchange with me a few months back.

Yeah but will we get more than half a season out of Will next year?

I'm almost 100% sure sure we'll see another 10 coming into the club before next season, hopefully before pre-season.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 23:48
Quote:
Pappje Shark

Really? He kicked well against Wasps at home, and reasonably well against Newcastle at home, and Harlequins away from memory. At the moment though, I don't consider him to be an 80% plus kicker. I agree though that practice makes perfect, so happy for him to continue practicing! In the meantime though, we need a proven back up fly half and a proven back up goal kicker.

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
16 June, 2017 00:36
We must have another fly half coming in. To have just 1 in the squad would be madness and a recipe for disaster

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net