rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

2017/2018 Fixtures
Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 20:21
Tomorrow at 11am I think. Looking forward to seeing who we start with.

Re: 2017/2018 Fixtures
snaderson (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 07:20
Newcastle as usual? I'm crossing my fingers that there aren't too many clashes with the stuff I've already organised for September and hoping for some good dates for my favourite away trips.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 07:35
Quote:
snaderson
Newcastle as usual?

That would suit me to get my one and only "local (only 2 hours each way)" fixture in - especially in September when there is a good chance that Ice Station Zebra will have a temperature above zero and won't have gale fore winds raging.

ale shark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 09:25
Will the fixtures be the actual matchdays or is it just gameweeks? Will we get a clear understanding of the clubs intentions or are they subject to fri/sat/sun changes closer to the event?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2017 09:25 by ale shark.

2007dwain (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 09:55
I thought in an interview they mentioned they were moving most games to Saturday/Sunday

Gordon1974 (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 09:57
so far from a link on the away with the team facebook group all the home fixtures until December on down as a Friday night!

Tribesman (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:01
Do games ever get moved to Sat/Sun or are the Friday nights fixed? I haven't been able to go in a couple of years but can again due to work patterns. I'd love to take my young lad to his first ever game, but Friday night kick offs are far too late. Here's hoping!

snaderson (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:02
See t'offy

Multiple clashes with my plans. Oh well, can't please everyone.

Gordon1974 (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:07
Another year where my 4 year old won't be able to go........

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:33
First three home games in September are critical and may well end up defining our season. Absolutely essential we get three good wins here early on

Tribesman (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:38
Quote:
Gordon1974

Just dug a little deeper (my lad's four too). It appears all is not lost; they are looking to play on Fridays in Autumn and Spring to take advantage of the lighter evenings, and on Saturdays during winter.

[www.salesharks.com]

ale shark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:13
What a massive steaming pile of dung. The club is being run by idiots.

nuttyshark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:28
Really really pleased I cancelled my 4 season tics, think i'll be going to the odd away game Wasps Saracens are easier to get to than AJB on a Fri night

Glossopshark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:59
Another year of away games and opposition clubs getting my money it is then...

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 12:29
Anyone know when the Challenge Cup fixtures are announced?

ale shark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 12:43
Quote:
ashtonshark

Can't find anything. We'll probably volunteer to play on Thursdays if the geniuses behind the Prem fixtures get their way.

Oldham Shark II (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 13:05
What a total crock... Looks like away games will be very thin on the ground for Oldham Branch. We always have two night stays in Worcester and Gloucester, and both are in December, great stuff. Oh well, Cardiff and Toulouse it is then.

Tribesman (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 13:08
Quote:
Tribesman
Quote:
Gordon1974

Just dug a little deeper (my lad's four too). It appears all is not lost; they are looking to play on Fridays in Autumn and Spring to take advantage of the lighter evenings, and on Saturdays during winter.

[www.salesharks.com]

Having said that, it would be nice to take my lad when the sleet isn't coming in sideways. A nice sunny day with an ice cream would be far more his style. He may even want to come again then.

ale shark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 13:25
Yeah, my 4yr old keeps asking when next season is going to start. What am I supposed to tell him? I might just say we've changed our name and moved to Chester.

He'll wonder where all the crowds have gone but I guess you think the same thing on a Friday at the AJB anyway.

iBozz (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 14:03
Subscribable Calendar updated - E&OE so please tell me of any errors of commission or omission by PM only or else I may not see them.

Please note that dates and times on or after 2 December are to be confirmed so I have assumed that home games will be on a Friday night at 7:45pm and away games on a Saturday afternoon at 3:00pm. However, you should not make any firm plans until the dates and times are confirmed by the Club.

Can anyone help me with the Castres location? The Iffy says that it is at "Rodez" yet the address of Castres Olympique is Stade Pierre Antoine, Rue De Bisséous, Castres, 81100 and no way can I, as a Times crossword fan, get Rodez out of that - there is no 'z' for a start so an anagram is out of the question! Again, PM only please.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Tigger (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 15:17
The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

When we played Friday there were posters on here explaining...ad nauseam....why they couldn't attend and therefore were not going to get a season ticket.

When we played Saturday there were posters on here explaining...ad nauseam....why they couldn't attend and therefore were not going to get a season ticket.

Now we are playing Friday/Saturday there are posters on here explaining. why they think it is a bad idea...

And I agree. We need to pick a day (whilst remembering that TV will also have a say) and stick to it. The club are not going to please everyone all of the time.

Also teams such as Bath/Northampton/Exeter/Leicester/Gloucester who tend to play on Saturday get decent crowds even though they have a vibrant local rugby culture...yes they have few if any soccer teams to contend with...so why not just stick to one day? Unless the club are trying to get the attendance up...they are trying something different....

So we lose...what...100? 200? Season tickets but get 300 extra supporters....who could become ST holders...so sorry Ale Shark to call it a massive steaming pile of dung is premature...it could turn out to be so but at least the club is trying something different to get people in the ground....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

isitme (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 15:30
I might be one of the few people who finds Friday night games easier to attend and therefore the first block of fixtures is good for me.

ale shark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 15:44
Last season we averaged 2,000 more on weekend league games. What possible counter argument is there?

Friday might be more convenient for some but it doesn't stop them going on Saturdays. There are clearly far more people that are actually won't to go on Fridays than Saturdays. It's pretty much indisputable.

If they want to capitalise on games in daylight then play the weekend games in BST, weekend games in December and January are still dark in the second half so it kind of negates their self congratulatory spin.

Look at that pathetic season ticket graphic on twitter. Where's the family atmosphere they claim in their 8:15 kick offs? Drooling idiots.

No doubt we'll get pointless category c Anglo Welsh games on a Saturday so they can pat themselves on the back and tell us how great they are.

Hammerhead (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 16:08
So what is the club to do?

I am a longstanding season ticket holder who works in the Health Service and therefore has to work some Fridays and weekends. As far as I can, I arrange shifts around Sale fixtures but sometimes I have to take the hit and miss some matches. For these games I pass my Season tickets on to someone else to use them. I like where I sit and I enjoy the banter with those who sit around me and the various away fans who sit nearby.

In an ideal world I would send my work rota to the club, tell them about my holiday plans, and request that they never play on Thursdays. They could then arrange their season around my life.

Sorted!

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 16:57
Agree with Tigger above. Whatever the club do, someone will moan. Speaking personally, Friday nights suit me best. However I recognise this is not the case for all so I am happy for there to be a mix of Fridays, Saturday's and Sundays.

Tigger (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 17:00
Last season we averaged 2,000 more on weekend league games. What possible counter argument is there?

Could you point to the stats for this please...we averaged 2000 more on a Saturday over Friday? Are you including all games? Or just premiership? And there is no counter argument?...some prefer Saturdays...some prefer Fridays....some don't care and will or will not come whatever.

Friday might be more convenient for some but it doesn't stop them going on Saturdays. There are clearly far more people that are actually won't to go on Fridays than Saturdays. It's pretty much indisputable.

Sorry but you have just negated your argument...You can turn that round...Saturday might be more convenient for some but it doesn't stop them going on Fridays.

If they want to capitalise on games in daylight then play the weekend games in BST, weekend games in December and January are still dark in the second half so it kind of negates their self congratulatory spin.

What self congratulatory spin??

Look at that pathetic season ticket graphic on twitter. Where's the family atmosphere they claim in their 8:15 kick offs? Drooling idiots.

Careful...drooling idiots? And I haven't seen the graphic on twitter...can you provide a link?

No doubt we'll get pointless category c Anglo Welsh games on a Saturday so they can pat themselves on the back and tell us how great they are.

Well lets have a look at the announced fixtures shall we...yes all the home fixtures are on a Friday...until 22/24 December 2017...which is sensible as we don't know when TV might decide that...against all odds...they want to put us on live. And pat themselves on the back?? Where?...as I said you are not going to please all the people all of the time...and you will not please some people any of the time...

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

ale shark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 17:16
Tigger, look at the league stats for last season. They're shown on many previous threads and on the club website.

Can't do a link on the graphic, it's on the club twitter feed. Yes, they drool over their megalolz twitter dross and go round giving high fives to each other, that's the mentality of social media marketing consultants these days. It's utter garbage. Totally meaningless. Someone's been paid out of your season ticket money for that and it won't generate a single sale.

Tigger (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 17:26
Quote:
ale shark
Tigger, look at the league stats for last season. They're shown on many previous threads and on the club website.
Can't do a link on the graphic, it's on the club twitter feed. Yes, they drool over their megalolz twitter dross and go round giving high fives to each other, that's the mentality of social media marketing consultants these days. It's utter garbage. Totally meaningless. Someone's been paid out of your season ticket money for that and it won't generate a single sale.

Yes, they drool over their megalolz twitter dross and go round giving high fives to each other, that's the mentality of social media marketing consultants these days. It's utter garbage. Totally meaningless.....

OK to a certain degree I agree with the fact that Social Media is.... well rubbish. BUT. That is the world we live in...Facebook and Twitter are more important than a forum like this...or Planet Rugby or any other forum you wish to mention....we have moved on so no its not utter garbage or totally meaningless and it is certainly not totally meaningless... and I still don't understand this going round giving high fives to each other??

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 17:40
Many thanks to Angie Traynor for making it all perfectly understandable and as clear as possible.

Flexibility by the club is very sensible given the vastly differing effects of darkness, and Christmas/New year/Sales shopping, events at the the exhibition centre, Man U home games etc. on traffic flows in the area.

Posters should read her detailed advice before posting. It's excellent.(Sm152)

HaleShark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 18:24
Quote:
Tigger
The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Very true, and I'm still not sure what the correct game day is for us even though we've been
playing at the A.J.Bell for what, six seasons now?? I don't think the club will ever cast a game day in stone and stick to it, the game day will move depending on so many issues and considerations of which I think are unique to our location problems.

Is there any update re. the new bridge?

I'd like to bring my 6-year old to a match but the Friday nights might be too late for him. Probably take my daughter instead who's older. Maybe the L.I. game before it gets too cold and therefore I won't have to listen to endless moaning....!

I hope we don't need points to survive in the premiership at the end of the season, three of the last four games are against Wasps, Exeter and Leicester, teams that in all probability will be in the top four vying for position in the play-off's.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 18:26
I'm a bit surprised that the end of November game is on a Friday night, but other than that the timings aren't unexpected (in that 'they' said early and late in the season would be Friday nights and the middle would be Saturdays). Attendances will show if the idea works or not.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 18:45
Quote:
nuttyshark
Really really pleased I cancelled my 4 season tics, think i'll be going to the odd away game Wasps Saracens are easier to get to than AJB on a Fri night

Not sure where you live Nutty - but really??

The average from Alty going via the M60 was 25 minutes....

Not sure how you'll get to Sarries easier....

Hookers (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 19:28
I agree with Tigger, no matter what the club do with fixtures people will complain.

I'll still be getting my season ticket in the next couple of weeks and I'll still be there every game (well maybe I'll miss one of the Euro games as I'm in a play in October).

Personally I prefer Fridays as you still have your whole weekend to do other things, but I have no issues with Saturdays either.

If you want to support your club, you'll find a way.

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 19:38
Quote:
isitme
I might be one of the few people who finds Friday night games easier to attend and therefore the first block of fixtures is good for me.

No, its not just you

Much prefer Fridays. and from Sale/Ashton On Mersey its makes no difference in terms of travel times. In fact on many occasions Friday is better

Don't like the 8.15 kick off though. Its just too late

However, whatever day and time we'll be there

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2017 20:01 by ashtonshark.

07 July, 2017 20:04
Quote:
ale shark and oldham shark II
Quote:
ashtonshark

Can't find anything. We'll probably volunteer to play on Thursdays if the geniuses behind the Prem fixtures get their way.

Reply Quote Report Reply via PM Follow This Thread

Re: 2017/2018 Fixtures new
07 July, 2017 14:05
What a total crock... Looks like away games will be very thin on the ground for Oldham Branch. We always have two night stays in Worcester and Gloucester, and both are in December, great stuff. Oh well, Cardiff and Toulouse it is then.

ale shark - you're really quite rude, aren't you? If you think that each club decides when they are going to play each individual fixture throughout the season you are seriously deluded. The TV companies pull the strings at the end of the day, why do you think only the first lot have been announced? I'll tell you, because the TV have picked their matches.

oldham shark II - I fancied Worcester as I heard it's a great trip so will have to see if I can get a half day off work.

Quote:
H's Dad
Many thanks to Angie Traynor for making it all perfectly understandable and as clear as possible.
Where can I find whatever you are referring to? I guess it's something to do with fixtures?

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 20:48
The offy, but there are links on this thread.
The various articles linked behind the pictures on this page: Ticket News

iBozz (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 20:56
Angela's Blog.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

07 July, 2017 21:51
Rani, you'll love it, Wuss and Gloss are great coz the fans are great. Nice little pretty cities, we always have a great time, go for it. I'll probably still go but it might be just a couple of us instead of the usual 4-8.

ale shark (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 22:57
Thanks Rani, yeah, I do love an incoherent rant at times.

Most of you are saying you prefer Fridays. That's great, so did I for a while. The fact is most of you would still go on a Saturday. However, there's still a couple of thousand fans who can't/won't go on a Friday, not out of preference, but because they can't. That's the issue. I never saw the mythical survey but I'm guessing the question asked was what day would you prefer, not what day can't you go. The attendance figures clearly show the answer to the later question.

For all their supposed grand ambition Sale are going to end up like the national cricket team where a whole generation of kids will be lost as supporters caused by short term greed. Robin Smith was my sporting idol when I was 10, if Gary Ballance or that chap who opened the batting with Cook knocked on my door I'd assume he was a bin man or something.

08 July, 2017 10:11
Thanks H's Dad and ibozz, and thanks Oldham Shark II too, I'll have to see if I can get leave.

Ibozz - to return the favour here's the info on the Castres game Castres game in Rodez

iBozz (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 10:45
Quote:
Rani of the Road
Thanks H's Dad and ibozz, and thanks Oldham Shark II too, I'll have to see if I can get leave.
Ibozz - to return the favour here's the info on the game Castres game in Rodez

Thanks, Rani, at least there is one helpful soul on this august and highly esteemed forum!.

It seems that it isn't only SS who feel reluctant to give location addresses! Not reading French (I was the first at my school ever to have scored less that 10% in French 'O' Level, of which achievement I am still immensely proud!) I am, I confess, a tad hampered but the best guess i can find is:

Route d'Espalion, 12850 Onet-le-Château (Rond Point de St Marc), Rodez(?)

That came from their website which has an annoying insert above what I believe is the address.

Can anyone confirm that as the Stadium location?

08 July, 2017 11:02
You are welcome. I think this is what you are looking for RODEZ On a non-MAC if you open the link then right click on the page you get a 'translate' option.
I have the ticket info from the Challenge Vaquerin website here -
Ticketing
Ticketing: entrance 15 € - free for children under 14 (presentation of a
ID card). Tickets will be on sale at the stadium entrance two hours before
The start of the first match in Lacaune, during the first day of the XXIVth Challenge
Armand Vaquerin, you will have the opportunity to buy a ticket for 15 € (Lacaune) + one
Ticket at 5 € for another site (Saint Affrique or Rodez); And so on
For other sites.
The ticket office of the Challenge Vaquerin will be opened in the following Tourist Offices:
Saint Affrique - Lacaune - Roquefort - Castres - Rodez

snaderson (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 11:12
Not sure why people are talking about 8:15 kick-offs, the actual times are 7:45 or 8 o'clock, which I think is more sensible.

Yareet (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 11:14
Quote:
iBozz

Thanks, Rani, at least there is one helpful soul on this august and highly esteemed forum!.

It seems that it isn't only SS who feel reluctant to give location addresses! Not reading French (I was the first at my school ever to have scored less that 10% in French 'O' Level, of which achievement I am still immensely proud!) I am, I confess, a tad hampered but the best guess i can find is:

That came from their website which has an annoying insert above what I believe is the address.

From the link you gave, the address would seem to be:

Stare Paul Lignon, rue Vieussens 12000 Rodez

[www.sra-rodez.com]

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 13:46
Quote:
Rani of the Road
Quote:
H's Dad
Where can I find whatever you are referring to? I guess it's something to do with fixtures?

I think this [www.salesharks.com] (found earlier in this thread) is one of the most informative ticketing articles I have seen on a club website.

And it uses a spreadsheet!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2017 13:47 by SimonG19.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 14:09
I'm excited by the fixtures coming out and thinking of what results we might need or want to be getting from each of them.

I'll hopefully be attending almost all of them with my 9yo son although one Friday I'm going to try and get a group together from my work for a social trip and introduce several potential new fans to the club. If other commitments get in the way one particular week then so be it.

I'm excited to see Josh Strauss, Jono Ross, Faf de Klerk and James O'Connor playing. I'm excited to see a full season of Denny Solomona and Josh Charnley. I'm excited to see a full season of the Curry twins and George Nott. I'm excited to see Will Addison fit and firing again and my son's hero Sam James strutting his stuff.

I'm categorically not excited about the whinging voices being relentlessly negative when pre-season training hasn't even got fully underway with the whole squad yet. I've not forgotten the abuse rained down on the team from some corners during the dark days of December and January when the players needed every bit of support they could get.

But I'm excited about supporting the team with all the fair-minded fans and regular faces around me in the stand.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 16:05
I can't wait for the season to start again. Last year locally we had the U20 World Champs Fest to fill the gap during the summer. Missing live rugby so much.

Looks like the club have changed the "daylight" KO's to 2000 when they have the choice.

I'm in the "prefer Friday nights but will go at weekends too" camp. Public transport options are unlikely to change as far as I can see and not sure if we realy can expect the new brige to be operational by end of 2017/18 season.

For those newcomers to the AJ Bell, my travel opinions are as follows:

Tram to Eccles Metrolink Station (Morrisons next door for toilets / matchday snacks)

Friday nights
67 Bus is every 15 mins to the ground although often longer gaps due to city centre traffic. Also likely to get stuck in traffic a few minutes after leaving Eccles and normally takes (45+ mins).
Walking is ok and feels relatively safe, and takes me approx 35 mins. Roads are very busy.
For return journey, 67 bus changes to every 30 mins (xx58 and xx28 from memory) and takes 15 mins to get to Eccles Metrolink station.

Saturdays
67 bus is every 15 mins and frequency usually maintained. Normally takes 15 mins.

Sundays
67 bus is every 30 mins and frequency usually maintained. Normally takes 15 mins although if you just miss one at Eccles, normally quicker to walk

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 19:41
Sorry, Pappje, but what on earth is a fair minded fan? Is he, or she, one who agrees with you on your approach to Sale Sharks or one who doesn't look at the game with one, Sale Sharks', eye?
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4282/35761886586_e4f80c2c61.jpg

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 20:41
Dave - no, it's not one who only agrees with my view. Life would be boring if everyone agreed. But last season there was some bile spouted at the team - including in some quarters what appeared to be people who only followed the games via twitter and couldn't actually see with their own eyes what was happening - that was OTT. Constructive criticism and debate is one thing - slagging off is another. A few people were threatening never to watch another match it was apparently that bad and I still hold the view I formed then that the club would be none the poorer if they did. I look forward to exchanging opinions wit those who can compliment and criticise fairly and in civilised fashion. That's what I mean by fair-minded.

iBozz (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 20:43
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
iBozz

From the link you gave, the address would seem to be:

Stare Paul Lignon, rue Vieussens 12000 Rodez

[www.sra-rodez.com]

Merci beaucoup!

Yareet (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 08:29
Quote:
iBozz
I was the first at my school ever to have scored less that 10% in French 'O' Level
Merci beaucoup!

Is that the 10% in action?

iBozz (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 09:05
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
iBozz
I was the first at my school ever to have scored less that 10% in French 'O' Level
Merci beaucoup!

Is that the 10% in action?

I've been practicing constantly since 'O' level and have now mastered merci bowcoop, although I still sometimes struggle with it, languages aren't logical!

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 10:27
Neither are people who never eat pies, because they once got food poisoning after eating one from a dubious vendor!(Sm14)
A bit like never crossing a road, because you were once knocked over by not adhering to the highway code.(Sm6)

iBozz (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 14:53
Quote:
H's Dad...
Neither are people who never eat pies, because they once got food poisoning after eating one from a dubious vendor!(Sm14) A bit like never crossing a road, because you were once knocked over by not adhering to the highway code.(Sm6)

Rhubarb, there is nothing rational about eating pies, they are nothing more than nasty bits of an animal's scrag end with a smattering of salmonella wrapped in cardboard! I was in bed wishing that I could die for a fortnight and the vendor who purveyed this horrendous confection was prosecuted!

If you are going to eat the unmentionable parts of animals then have the decency make them into a sausage - I eat those!

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 17:41
With your logical mind i expect they are sausages from the same vendor!(Sm22)

iBozz (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 18:45
The vendor is no more and even the premises no longer exist!

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 08:50
Quote:
Pappje Shark

But I'm excited about supporting the team with all the fair-minded fans and regular faces around me in the stand.
A dicky bird tells me my new seats are directly in front of you. As Amy has lost her 'sweet buddies' after our enforced move, she may well look to recruit your son. Rules are no sweets until the 1st Sale try... or any points count if we're still blank at ht.

SalfordQuaysShark (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 14:30
Any news on any pre-season fixtures?

10 July, 2017 14:34
There's one against Castres in Rodez (mentioned at various points in this thread) on Saturday 12th Aug, and is part of Challenge Vaquerin tournament.

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 14:37
There is also another away match the week after. I think the delay in announcing it is because the home team are sourcing a ground for the match.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 16:49
I think a match in Scotland was mentioned at one stage by Dimes. Hopefully we'll have one at HR too?

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 20:02
Quote:
Bull Shark
Quote:
Pappje Shark

A dicky bird tells me my new seats are directly in front of you. As Amy has lost her 'sweet buddies' after our enforced move, she may well look to recruit your son. Rules are no sweets until the 1st Sale try... or any points count if we're still blank at ht.

A-ha! Looking forward to making your acquaintance then. It'll be a very homely and fair-minded section ;-) I'm afraid we might be a bad influence on the sweetie front though, I'm far too indulgent.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 22:19
Is the KO time for the Away game against Sale Reserves "set" at 15:00, or is it liable to change for TV ?

We're fancying a trip down by train, but I need to be sure of the KO time before I book the tickets.

H's Dad... (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 09:37
I already have a ticket for Wasps: the kick off time indicated is 1500, but personally I would ring them to confirm they have been told that it will not be televised.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 11:21
Quote:
H's Dad...
I already have a ticket for Wasps: the kick off time indicated is 1500, but personally I would ring them to confirm they have been told that it will not be televised.

I've just rung them and the KO is confirmed for 15.00

Happy times.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 11:37
If it helps BT Sport have selected all TV games up to and including Round 10 (ending on Sunday 3rd December) so there should be no more changes to the fixture list up to this point. [www.premiershiprugby.com]

Flumpty (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 12:43
Train tickets booked Sale Reserves vs Sale, here we come (Sm100)

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 08:04
Starting today Wasps have a 2 weeks early bird offer for our match with 20% off

Flumpty (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 11:09
Quote:
Bull Shark

cheers Bull

Please excuse my naivity.

If I buy my tickets via Wasps, I'll be sat amongst the Waspies, wherever the tickets are issued
If I buy my tickets from Sale, it will possibly be in a block of Sale fans.
have I got that correct ?

p.s. I'm happy either way, just clearing things up in my mind

hilly07 (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 11:22
In a 32 thousand seater stadium, you will be able to pick from a few seats once you are in!

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 11:57
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
Bull Shark

cheers Bull

If I buy my tickets via Wasps, I'll be sat amongst the Waspies, wherever the tickets are issued

Yes, you can wait to book through Sale which in my experience will be at the full price and sometimes doesn't have any concession/ junior etc discounted tickets or you could email Angie and ask where the Sale block will be and then buy the seat nearest to that section at the cheaper rate. At Wasps there are always loads of empty seats around the Sale seats anyway and you can pretty much sit where you want.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 12:29
Quote:
Bull Shark
Quote:
Flumpty
Quote:
Bull Shark

cheers Bull

Yes, you can wait to book through Sale which in my experience will be at the full price and sometimes doesn't have any concession/ junior etc discounted tickets or you could email Angie and ask where the Sale block will be and then buy the seat nearest to that section at the cheaper rate. At Wasps there are always loads of empty seats around the Sale seats anyway and you can pretty much sit where you want.

Tickets booked via the Sale Reserves website - a pain free exercise that was refreshingly easy on the pocket (Sm128).

Roll on September

p.s. Advance train tickets were very well priced as well, id anyone fancies letting the train, take the strain !

Rugby_travel (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 13:08
I hope you don't mind me posting on here but I was just wondering if anyone who is involved in a local rugby club might be interested in going on a weekend tour to watch Sale play away, and then combine that with playing a local rugby club on the other day.

If you are interested the link below has some more information smiling smiley

Follow the Sharks on tour

Long Eaton Shark (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 06:39
Has anything been mentioned as to when the first four rounds of European cup rugby will be announced? Must be soon enough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net