rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Transport
WIZARDofOZ (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 18:21
Just moved to the area and wondered if the club provide transport from local clubs or pubs.

Re: Transport
Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 19:25
Quote:
WIZARDofOZ
Just moved to the area and wondered if the club provide transport from local clubs or pubs.
there is a bus from the brook pub in sale.

WIZARDofOZ (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 20:56
Great thanks. Ill find out where that is. Do many on this board drink in there?

emerging shark (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 20:58
There's also a bus from Stockport.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 21:52
Last season there was also a bus from the railway in hale and Alty bus station

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 22:36
There was also a bus from the City Centre (Spinningfields?) put on by the club. I think there was but can't remember anyone mentioning using it. I think it left AJB an hour after full time? Swanny will have some news a couple of weeks before the first match I would imagine.

Where are you based WOZ? SS have a fairly wide catchment area and this board does have a good cross section from all over the NW so I'm certain someone will live close to you

WIZARDofOZ (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 07:42
I live in Sale. If as everybody says the traffic is bad on game day, why don't the club put coaches on from clubs in the manchester area. Would anybody on here use them??

Buelligan (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 07:56
(Sm159)

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 08:07
Quote:
WIZARDofOZ
I live in Sale. If as everybody says the traffic is bad on game day, why don't the club put coaches on from clubs in the manchester area. Would anybody on here use them??

The Brook which is attached to Brooklands Metrolink stop runs a coach to and from every match. Ring up the pub to reserve a seat. Several posters on here use that and drink in there before/ after the match.
Last season Sale put on a bus that picked up from Sale (layby next to Sainsburys I think) but you'll have to wait and see if that's running again for this season.

10 July, 2017 11:13
Quote:
WIZARDofOZ

The club do try with coaches from Alty/Sale/wherever. It seems that takeup is not good.

I am a user of the Brook coach and can heartily recommend it. Best way of getting to the game if you're anywhere near Sale.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 13:55
Quote:
WIZARDofOZ

Hi WIZARDofOZ, FWIW we drive to the AJ Bell for most home matches and honestly the traffic is nowhere near as bad as it used to be a couple of years ago. We generally manage from altrincham to the stadium (via M56 and M60) in less than half an hour - or up Washway Rd, if my better half needs picking up from work, in a similar time. I have also used the bus from both the Brook in Sale and the Railway in Hale and both are great, also allow you to have a drink! We usually hang around for half an hour or so after the game, catch up with friends, have a drink, coffee, chat etc, which means we miss the worst of the scrum to leave the car park. Hope this helps.

Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 14:19
Hi Wizard of Oz. Here's some info from the club website about the Brook bus. After reading it I wish I lived nearby!
Pub Buses

andyrobo1811 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 19:33
Ive used the bus from the Brook pub before. Really great service run by the pub. 6 for a return ticket, gets you there in good time. Also a nice pub to start and finish the night at.

Also being attached to Brooklands Met stop means getting home afterwards is easy too.

Ewok shark (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 19:50
The Brook is the best option that our group has used good beer, nice group, reliable service, and as andyrobo says great for the tram.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net