rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Pre-season games
BenHK (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 10:34
I may have missed an announcement on this, but the only pre-season game I can see is one against Castres on the 12th August. Are there any other games planned?

Note: I live in the UAE and am back in the UK for a couple of weeks in August so was really hoping to catch a game of some variety.

Re: Pre-season games
FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 14:19
I've also only seen the announcement about Castres, but in his recent interview Alexandru Tarus referred to friendlies in France and Scotland, so presumably there will be a game in Edinburgh announced in due course. Hopefully there will also be another session at Heywood Road.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 17:45
Ben

Maybe just e-mail Swanny at Sale - I'm sure he will help out

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 20:44
Its not Sale's fault. They have been given a date but the opponent is still confirming the venue... if you have a quick check on the internet its fairly obvious which Scottish team (several interviews have told you its Scotland) is currently having venue issues (Sm100).
I've not heard of any home friendlies this season. The fact that for the first time there is no home friendly included in the season ticket would suggest there won't be one.

FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 11:05
Any chance of us playing Edinburgh at Heywood Road?

17 July, 2017 11:58
Shame mac is no longer the announcer aye.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

emerging shark (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 16:27
Perhaps they have all heard about 'fortress HR'?

Tigger (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 08:55
From the offy....

We have now had confirmation of the venue for our pre-season friendly against Edinburgh on Friday, 18th August (kick-off TBC), and the match will be played at Meggetland Sports Complex which is owned by Edinburgh Leisure, and it hosted two Edinburgh Rugby matches during the 2013-14 Pro 12 season.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 09:43
Anyone planning to go should also note the last bit on the announcement:

Please be aware that the match is taking place at the same time as the Edinburgh Festival and so hotels will be in short supply and relatively expensive

I'd suggest you look for and book hotels before you commit to booking trains etc.

If anyone fancies driving there and back in a day from the Sale/ Manchester area I'd be up for a lift and petrol share.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net