rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.


Outstanding Issues
Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 22:20
It's only a week until the ST open day event so it's likely that some news will be released either before or at the event.

Off the top of my head, the following info seems to be awaited...

Does anyone know the answers or can they think of any other points...

1. Captain for the forthcoming season

2. Confirmation re the Edinburgh friendly

3. Signings of loose head and lock, plus maybe another 9 and/or 10

4. Maybe a home friendly?

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
2007dwain (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 11:26
Maybe new kit too

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 12:41
2. I would guess that Sale are somewhat at the mercy of Edinburgh with regard to this one, if it is correct that they can't find a venue.

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
Crutch (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 13:27
I would hope that Will is named captain

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 15:22

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
Tribesman (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 16:40
Quote:

That article's a wee bit out of date though.

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
thekeg (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 17:14
Quote:
Crutch
I would hope that Will is named captain

That's where my money would be

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
Hirdyshark (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 18:10
Quote:
thekeg
Quote:
Crutch
I would hope that Will is named captain

That's where my money would be

Mine too.

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
HaleShark (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 22:57
Will Addison seems an obvious choice, but what about Webber??

I asked if there was going to be a new kit home/away or both and the lady who served me at the club shop this week said she knew no details (or didn't want to say!) However I bought a child's home shirt for my son that was on offer so I guess there's a clue! Also, if I'm not mistaken we've had the current home shirt and the luminous away shirt for a couple of years now so it's probably time for a new design.

I'm surprised we've not confirmed details of other pre-season warm up games apart from the trip to Castres. Are we struggling to find opponents?

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign anyone else, certainly in the positions of fly=half and scrum-half. It's a bit late in the day to sign players generally for the new season.

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 09:33
Fluoro has definitely been here for two years - but thought the home kit has only been around for one, with tweaks to the design when Uk Fast became main sponsor again?

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
thekeg (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 10:06
Webber is also a decent shout, the obvious issue with addition is his poor fitness record as you don't want a captain who is injured half the time, but when fit he seems like the most natural leader in this group

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
Rani of the Road (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 12:33
Quote:
HaleShark
I'm surprised we've not confirmed details of other pre-season warm up games apart from the trip to Castres. Are we struggling to find opponents?

I think pre-season games have been discussed on the fixtures thread. If it's correct that Edinburgh have agreed to a game but now can't find a venue to play it then it's hardly Sale's fault, and I guess it's too short notice to get anyone else.

Will for captain is my preferred option too.

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
Barend (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 14:09
I think that a few of the new signings may have been targetted with on-pitch leadership in mind. Strauss particularly so wouldn't be surprised to see him as a skipper from time to time.

What about a Bath-style leadership group? A back and a forward?

You can't knock Webber's chances of being captain due to his fitness and then appoint Will Addison!

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
dandan2 (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 17:04
Like the call for Webber as captain, it really needs to be someone that's likely to be in the match day squad on merit.

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
thekeg (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 19:29
Quote:
Barend
I think that a few of the new signings may have been targetted with on-pitch leadership in mind. Strauss particularly so wouldn't be surprised to see him as a skipper from time to time.
What about a Bath-style leadership group? A back and a forward?

You can't knock Webber's chances of being captain due to his fitness and then appoint Will Addison!

Webber's issues seemed a bit more bad luck, don't think his injury record historically an issue like Addison

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
Yareet (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 19:42
Quote:
Barend
You can't knock Webber's chances of being captain due to his fitness and then appoint Will Addison!

Assuming you're referring to:

Quote:
thekeg
Webber is also a decent shout, the obvious issue with addition is his poor fitness record as you don't want a captain who is injured half the time, but when fit he seems like the most natural leader in this group

I read it as a comment on Webber's injuries as well but think it was actually an autocorrect of "Addison" to "addition".

 
Re: Outstanding Issues
thekeg (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 20:19
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
Barend
You can't knock Webber's chances of being captain due to his fitness and then appoint Will Addison!

Assuming you're referring to:

Quote:
thekeg
Webber is also a decent shout, the obvious issue with addition is his poor fitness record as you don't want a captain who is injured half the time, but when fit he seems like the most natural leader in this group

I read it as a comment on Webber's injuries as well but think it was actually an autocorrect of "Addison" to "addition".

Ah yes, I hadn't really considered Webber injury record.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?