rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Italy v England 6 nations
mazziegtr34 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 20:26
Could anybody tell me the best/cheapest way to get to Rome to watch Italy v England in the 6nations?

Re: Italy v England 6 nations
Oldham Shark II (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 21:59
Best - fly. Cheapest - walk.

Hope I've helped.

ale shark (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 04:45
It would take over 16 days to walk there from Cheshire. You'd have to factor in hotels, eating out for over a month and loss of earnings if you're going to be away that long.

Walking might not be the cheapest option.

Flying probably is.

RugbyMarvel (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 05:55
Often cheaper to fly to Naples then get the train to Rome. The inflated cost if a direct flight to Rome is huge.

Would recommend pricing up any flights to a city/town which is on the high speed train line

ashtonshark (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 06:42
No need to fly direct. Last time we went we flew Lufthansa via Munich and it was much cheaper. If you don't mind a non direct flight then there are usually plenty of options. Try Expedia or Skyscanner and they will list them all

Barend (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 07:57
Kayak is a good shout for flights too.

However, either use private browsing or book them there and then when looking. I don't know the ins and outs but the more you look at the same routes, the more the prices go up.

Swiss air via Zurich isn't bad either.

North Sea Shark (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 09:11
Last time we went we went via Brussels with Brussels airline

when the beating of your heart

CE DD53 / 54

FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 10:57
Quote:
Barend
Kayak is a good shout for flights too.
However, either use private browsing or book them there and then when looking. I don't know the ins and outs but the more you look at the same routes, the more the prices go up.

Swiss air via Zurich isn't bad either.

Not that it's all that relevant for Rome, but I've had exactly the same experience with price rises with Eurostar. I was comparing different ways to travel, and every time I went back to Eurostar the price was higher for the same journey.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 11:10
Quote:
ale shark
It would take over 16 days to walk there from Cheshire. You'd have to factor in hotels, eating out for over a month and loss of earnings if you're going to be away that long.
Walking might not be the cheapest option.

Flying probably is.

You might also find there is a bit of water to negotiate as well!

jamestaylorreturns (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 11:13
sort of related- would be a good game for King Eddie to again give youngsters an outing and continue his 2019 prep

26 July, 2017 11:22
Walking through the tunnel.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

MartWhit (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 11:22
or to try someone, anyone, that's not named Mike Brown at Fullback.

4B (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 13:46
I went over there for the last 6 Nations game and flew with Brussels Airlines (funnily enough via Brussels)
got tickets from [ticket.federugby.it]

Brilliant city for an international, the Italians are starting to embrace the rugby

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net