rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Ed Slater
2007dwain (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 18:54
Apparently we have offered to buy him out of contract at tigers according to twitter but also rumours of him off to glaws

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/07/2017 18:56 by 2007dwain.

Re: Ed Slater
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 19:20
He'd be a great signing for us if he is fully fit

31 July, 2017 20:50
Wasn't the rumour a swap with Jonny May??

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 03:55
Ed Slater on the Wing eye popping smiley

There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - R.I.P. Dickie Jeeps 25/11/1931 - 08/10/2016

2007dwain (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 06:25
Quote:
Newcastle under Lyme RUFC Shark

It was but now sale know he doesn't want to be with tigers they have put in a offer to think if the can sway him and I'm presuming it must be a better offer

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 07:52
Quote:
2007dwain
Quote:
Newcastle under Lyme RUFC Shark

It was but now sale know he doesn't want to be with tigers
they have put in a offer to think if the can sway him and I'm presuming it must be a better offer

I don't think that is the case.

I believe it is more Tigers wanting May and Glous wanting something in return, rather than Slater wanting out.

Glossopshark (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 11:03
If can stay fit, would be very welcome

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 18:32

Johns (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 14:06
Gloucester wanted more beef in their back row, Tigers needed more pace in the backs.

Deal done end of, Sale were never going to be able to sign Ed.

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 22:53
John's, is that because Moriarty and Morgan are too lightweight? Slater is certainly not a replacement for Kvesik.

07 August, 2017 08:59
May/Slater swap confirmed.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

MartWhit (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 09:16
Pity, he would have been good for us.

clutch (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:50
Don't really get why Leicester would go for May to be honest.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:30
Whatever you think of him at International levle, he's pretty deadly at club level. Put his pace behind a more dominant platform and he could rack up a lot of tries.

Lebowski (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:38
Quote:
BasilBullneck
John's, is that because Moriarty and Morgan are too lightweight? Slater is certainly not a replacement for Kvesik.

Glos wanted more power in the tight where we have been weak for years. Slater gives us that (along with Ruskin, Balmain and Denman). It will also probably allow Savage to move to the back row where many of us think he is more suited.

Glos have wanted Slater for some time. We have plenty of options in the back three, especially with Woodward's arrival, so May won't be missed (IMO anyway). Both teams got what they wanted - win, win.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net