rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

England training squad
Hirdyshark (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 16:22
Tom Curry and Denny included. No Ben Curry.

Link

Re: England training squad
emerging shark (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 16:43
It's been 6 weeks since the Lions tour ended, how much of a holiday do they need? surely they could at least have spared one day in camp? I also assume that the 7 missing players might be back in training anyway.

03 August, 2017 17:14
I think you'll find it's nearly 4 not 6!!

emerging shark (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 19:11
Fair point...4 weeks, but how come some can make but some can't? injuries?

jaytom (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 21:56
Quote:
Hirdyshark
Link

Harsh, admittedly, but in all fairness he never got the chance to show what he could do on matchday, so he was always going to fall down the pecking order once the Lions got back...

buelligansmate (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 22:26
Quote:
jaytom
Quote:
Hirdyshark
Link

Harsh, admittedly, but in all fairness he never got the chance to show what he could do on matchday, so he was always going to fall down the pecking order once the Lions got back...

He's only 19! Plenty of time to "make it"

jaytom (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 22:36
Quote:
buelligansmate
Quote:
jaytom
Quote:
Hirdyshark
Link

He's only 19! Plenty of time to "make it"

Oh, absolutely! Just making the point that as Tom got match time and Ben didn't, that Tom was always more likely to get back in the squad than Ben. I never suggested that the door was shut for him!

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 02:13
Anyone else notice that Wiggy has snook his way back into the squad? Good for him. Wonder if it a reaction to the effectiveness of Connor Murray's box kicking game.

There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - R.I.P. Dickie Jeeps 25/11/1931 - 08/10/2016

MartWhit (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 08:03
I hope he stays in. For all Youngs & Care's eyecatching bits, they are vastly inferior decision makers and game managers than wiggy.

04 August, 2017 08:10
Didn't Ben get an injury in Argentina?

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

jaytom (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 09:24
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales

Yes. Can't remember the nature of it though.

FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 13:47
Quote:
jaytom
Quote:
Mrs Trellis of North Wales

Yes. Can't remember the nature of it though.

If he's fit he should be well and truly fired up for this season!

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 23:02
If Tuilagi is fit it will be interesting to see where he fits in. Obvious choice would be inside centre but he's no ball player, and Jones has favoured two distrutes at 10 & 12. Is he more potent than Ford? If he is 13, then we gain power and distribution to the wings, but gain power.

Have to say I'd love a back line of Youngs, Farrell, Tuilagi, Daly, Solomona, Nowell and Watson at fullback.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 23:47
Can't see how you can possibly have Denny in there at the moment. I agree that he has that potential x-factor but until he becomes more defensively savvy he is a luxury rather than a pragmatic selection.

I really hope that this season he becomes the more rounded player that he needs to be. I am sure he can.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:39
Denny and Manu sent home apparently (Fissler twitter) for cultural issues. The latter isn't a surprise, hopefully a wake up call for our man and just a 'naughty step' period

clutch (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:49
Does cultural issues mean boozing!!

Chris, Jones has said he wants people who can potentially be world class. I'd rather have him in than Yarde.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net