rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Faf de Klerk
emerging shark (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 15:27
Came on for last 20 mins of Super 14 final. Outstanding! almost turned the game on it's head except for one small mistake. Fantastic signing...

Re: Faf de Klerk
Headington Shark (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 19:09
Super18*

Good to hear he did well, shame about the loss though.

He's a real talent. I just hope he can convert his enthusiasm to Sale, becuase that makes him the player he is.

Crutch (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 19:30
I'm massively excited to see him play for Sale. When was the last time we had a genuine attacking threat from 9, Ben Foden??

Long Eaton Shark (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 06:05
Any idea when he will be joining us for training etc?

beardedshark (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 08:55
First time I watched him and looked a real live wire. Also got the ball away from the breakdown quickly

2007dwain (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 12:00
Dimes said mid august but I. Expect later with him only just finishing

EdinburghShark (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 18:37
Similarly very impressed with his performance, particularly the lift in the pace of the Lions' attacking play after he came on. There's no doubt Cronjé is a top quality scrum-half, but de Klerk offered the Lions something very different - he passes the ball way in front of the receiving forwards, so that they have to be hitting the line at full pace to receive the ball. It's risky, and might not work in bad weather, but it was perfect to combat the line-speed of the Crusaders by smashing through their guard defence around the rucks and forcing them to focus inwards, leaving space for Mapoe and Janse van Rensburg out wide.

Definitely a pattern of play we should look forward to next season, I personally can't wait to see de Klerk feeding Strauss (and others) those flat passes around the rucks.

/overanalysis

clutch (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:51
Good Analysis!

Faf looks like he will fit very well into our structure. You can see why he's been chosen on that evidence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net