rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Denny Solomona and Manu Tuilagi sent home from England camp over "team culture issues".
Headington Shark (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:53
Oh dear. RFU not helping by releasing a half statement. Speculation will swirl now.

Re: Denny Solomona and Manu Tuilagi sent home from England camp over "team culture issues".
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:59
Exactly. 'Team culture issues' covers a multitude of sins

Re: Denny Solomona and Manu Tuilagi sent home from England camp over "team culture issues".
07 August, 2017 11:14
Usually it's getting @#$%& and aggressive. Tuilagi?

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

jamestaylorreturns (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:29
denny picked wrong (drinking) friend to enhance his international career...........!!

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:39
Oh dear. Eddie doesn't easily forgive and forget.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:46
Very disappointing to read one of our players has been sent home from an England training camp. D.S. needs to be better than this, England have a lot of strength and depth across all positions so why do something so stupid that puts his name out of the reckoning for the time being.

Tuilangi is a trouble magnet and to be honest he'll be one of those players that will never quite fulfill his potential due to his ability to find trouble. The same applies to him, there's other players that will step into any position he vacates and it's not like he's some wonder-player that England can't do without. He's trying to break back into the England squad so certainly not the time to be a prat..

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:48
Quote:
HaleShark
Tuilangi is a trouble magnet and to be honest he'll be one of those players that will never quite fulfill his potential due to his ability to find trouble. The same applies to him, there's other players that will step into any position he vacates and it's not like he's some wonder-player that England can't do without. He's trying to break back into the England squad so certainly not the time to be a prat..

More likely due to injuries really.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:50
dont think so Ayerza.

shaftesbury shark (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:52
generally agree with all of that, but regarding Manu, I have to disagree with the following:

Quote:
and it's not like he's some wonder-player that England can't do without

actually I think Manu (when fit) is actually one of the few players England could call on who could be just that. We don't really have anyone else quite like him. Sadly I suspect the multiple injuries over the years will mean he will never be that player now.

james46 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 11:54
Real shame for both players, England could have done with Manu at 13 against the SH sides.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 12:05
Quote:
MartWhit
dont think so Ayerza.

in what way?

The guy has been out for nearly 3 seasons with injury, you think that doesn't have more of an affect on fulfilling his potential than the off field incidents.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 13:03
Sorry Ayerza, I misunderstood your post. I thought you suggested they were sent home for injury reasons.

r.e. whether he'll ever fulfil his potential, its tough to call. I thought he'd seemed to have developed his passing game during the limited gametime he saw last season. A good run of injury free rugby, especially if he's nurtured into Englands much improved fitness & coaching regime, could see him reach higher heights than he's reached so far.

However, Eddie wont be indulging him, and the presence of Ben Teo makes him not essential to Englands success. If that leaves him feeling insecure, his eccentricities are likely to stay to the fore and he may well overplay himself and pick up more injuries.

I dont know which one of those wins out, but I feel its a binary outcome. It will be very good or pretty bad, and unlikely to be something in between.

Headington Shark (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 13:16
Quote:
james46
Real shame for both players, England could have done with Manu at 13 against the SH sides.

EJ has said before he only sees Manu at 12. But I agree in principle, he's a game changer.

07 August, 2017 14:18
whilst MT sort of has a past reputation as a "game changer" due to some of his past performances pre injury blight...so , due to this, may be reconciled with King Eddie.........DS has yet to really have time to properly prove his undoubted talent at international level to King Eddie.....hence its DS who probably will have the most to lose by this escapade!! ( also impacted by the choice of varied wing options to EJ)

HaleShark (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 15:36
Quote:
shaftesbury shark
generally agree with all of that, but regarding Manu, I have to disagree with the following:
Quote:
and it's not like he's some wonder-player that England can't do without

actually I think Manu (when fit) is actually one of the few players England could call on who could be just that. We don't really have anyone else quite like him. Sadly I suspect the multiple injuries over the years will mean he will never be that player now.

He's been selected on past performances that were some time ago, I don't think he's all he's cracked up to be if I'm honest and quite injury prone. Also, could be one of those players who can upset the karma of the squad. England need to look at other options perhaps.

Denny worries me, he's not a nailed-on 1st team member and there's a question-mark over his tackling ability so could have jepardised a golden opportunity.

BasilBullneck (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 21:20
Tuilagi is a unique talent when fit, with scope to improve. I can't think of anyone in the world game now who could have pulled off the destructive performance against the Kiwis that he did too many years ago. He has been blighted by injury since then. The hope is he can regain his fitness and in my view England have to accommodate him. He is a force of nature when playing. He may be a dickŁe@d off the pitch, but I wonder if that is in a disruptive way?
Let's get him fit and let him loose either in the AIs or more likely in the 6 nations when he is match fit with a run of games under his belt.

Pappje Shark (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 21:51
I couldn't give a stuff about Tuilagi any more. Let's see six months of consistent performances before he becomes relevant again.

What bothers me the most is Denny getting mixed up in it. The further detail that has been released suggests the squad went out for dinner, returned, then the two miscreants went out again and rocked up back at 430am, ahead of the only rugby session of the camp on the Monday morning. What a prize chump to get himself involved with Tuilagi and his antics and to risk his England career being barely more than stillborn. The "word" is that Jones will indeed count this against them in selecting squads for the remaining fixtures in 2017.

I hope Dimes gives him an absolute pasting for being an idiot, then motivates him to play so well at the start of the season that he forces his way back in.

yukon (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 04:47
Quote:
Ayerza wannabe
Quote:
MartWhit
dont think so Ayerza.

in what way?

The guy has been out for nearly 3 seasons with injury, you think that doesn't have more of an affect on fulfilling his potential than the off field incidents.

Fighting, bunny ears behind the PM, jumping from moving boats into harbours- all definitely injury related. Face it, the bloke's a clown on self destruct. I'm not saying Denny is blameless wither but the way but Manu has form

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2017 06:09 by yukon.

08 August, 2017 06:26
If Solomona is available for SS during the Autumn then it's possibly a bonus.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Crutch (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 07:24
Yeah, I'd much rather him be playing for Sale than getting injured or sitting on the bench for England, which is what typically seems to happen for Sale players....

james46 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 07:55
If I was Dimes I would shake his hand, as now he will be available to SS when other teams have their players away.

08 August, 2017 10:00
maybe james46 has stumbled on a brilliant bit of "Russian influence US election" style political tactics by Sale's management...all to influence King Eddie to ditch DS from his plans and allow him therefore to turn out week in week out for Sale
No wonder that bar tender filling up MT & DS glasses looked somewhat familiar. Behind the fake beard and hair was Mr Diamond

HaleShark (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 10:49
Quote:
Pappje Shark
I couldn't give a stuff about Tuilagi any more. Let's see six months of consistent performances before he becomes relevant again.
What bothers me the most is Denny getting mixed up in it. The further detail that has been released suggests the squad went out for dinner, returned, then the two miscreants went out again and rocked up back at 430am, ahead of the only rugby session of the camp on the Monday morning. What a prize chump to get himself involved with Tuilagi and his antics and to risk his England career being barely more than stillborn. The "word" is that Jones will indeed count this against them in selecting squads for the remaining fixtures in 2017.

I hope Dimes gives him an absolute pasting for being an idiot, then motivates him to play so well at the start of the season that he forces his way back in.

Spot on.

clutch (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 11:29
Purely speculation, but could this be put down to his lack of desire to play for England. He stated before that he wouldn't play for England. Either way it is silly, and Diamond won't put up with that kind of nonsense. Maybe Charnley will replace him at some point!

hilly07 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 11:47
He said he wouldn't play for England RL - essentially a mickey mouse set up with limited international opportunities/recognition compared to England Rugby Union, 22 grand a game and a competitive international career. You are only making money in League if you are playing NRL. Having played for Samoa RL he achieved a personal and family dream so this quote is irrelevant from his pre-Union days. Quite a mistake by him unfortunately, but I will enjoy him being available in the Autumn!

ale shark (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 12:06
At least we can't all blame the fact that Denny won't be playing for England anytime soon because he plays for Sale.

Tuilagi has been a distraction to England for years, they’ve moved on without him and, whilst recognising his game breaking abilities, I wouldn’t be that bothered if he never played again.

3 days was all they had to last, what a pair of wasters.

emerging shark (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 14:11
It's something you might expect from 16 year old schoolboys on a school trip, not international rugby players in their 20's..what on earth was going through their minds?

Tigger (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 20:07
Quote:
ale shark
At least we can't all blame the fact that Denny won't be playing for England anytime soon because he plays for Sale.
Tuilagi has been a distraction to England for years, they’ve moved on without him and, whilst recognising his game breaking abilities, I wouldn’t be that bothered if he never played again.

3 days was all they had to last, what a pair of wasters.

...what a pair of wasters...?

Somewhat harsh I think..Daft or stupid yes but wasters? And as for Manu being a distraction to/for England? No...a missed chance (if it hadn't been for injuries) yes.

We will never know what happened but they are both at fault (or stupid or daft).

As for we should be glad that Denny will be available for Sale come the new season...No. I would rather he be in Eddies plans for the autumn internationals and six nations. We want players who are looking to play international rugby.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

ale shark (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 20:13
Tigger - as in wasting their talents.

It was a 3 day training camp and they went a did something that will put them right to the back of the queue. It's not like England are struggling to select players these days.

I'd love to see Denny playing for England. It's early days but his ability to get the ball down over the line is something England have pretty much never had.

WiganSaler (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 23:21
Do we really know the full story? He's in France with the squad, surely had it been that bad he would be licking his wounds at home.

--------------------------------------------------
Wigan "Home for the Bewildered"

Fully paid up member of the LSSSSC.
"Long Suffering Sale Sharks Supporters Club"

MikeGC (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 04:46
Quote:
WiganSaler
Do we really know the full story? He's in France with the squad, surely had it been that bad he would be licking his wounds at home.

I think the bare facts:-
a. sneaked out of the hotel after "lights out"
b. went to the pub against orders

are quite enough

clutch (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 11:19
Not sure Diamond is gonna discipline him as well. Don't see the benefit of that. The England snub is enough surely.

jaytom (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 15:03
Agreed clutch. It's nothing illegal and it's a first 'offence' from him, so I don't quite see what further discipline would achieve at this stage. Tuilagi on the other hand might be in for a sterner word...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net