rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Addison captains........
09 August, 2017 11:06
........when fit.

[www.salesharks.com]

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Re: Addison captains........
MartWhit (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:14
good Call IMO. Liked the way he went about the job last year. Not worried about the fitness issue as I think he'll remain an effective club captain/clubhouse leader, even if he's not on the pitch.

Will be interesting to see who steps up when Addison isnt playing. Think Jono Ross may stake an early claim there.

Curious to announce it whilst he's in France and unable to do media though?

clutch (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:15
Indeed. Here's hoping for an injury free season for once. Wonder if it will be Beaumont or Ross VC?

MartWhit (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:41
I dont think the backup needs or even should be a local youngster, simply the next best leader of men and a calm head on the field.

To me the guys who most seem to have that quality are:
Leota, who isnt regularly selected
Ross based on limited viewing for SF
Evans, as a lineout tactician too
Webber, as a generally phlegmatic but resilient character

I've really not seen that Beaumont or Ross look comfortable in leadership capacities.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:47
Good choice, I don't think there were too many options at the moment. Perhaps Webber might have been worthy captain. As the season unfolds we will probably see a couple of players unfold as potential future captain's Ross could well be a candidate.

I hope W.A. has a good injury free run in the team, if he can and plays his best an England squad call up for the six-nations could transpire.

jaytom (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:56
Right call IMO, he stepped up admirably least season. Now if he can just remain injury free...

23Shark (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 12:39
Good news, hope he can push on this season and hopefully not get injured!

yukon (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 14:28
I prefer my captain in the forwards because I think they are authoritarian as a rule but that aside, I can't see how this is anything but a positive move.

Headington Shark (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 16:59
As others have said, being Captain seemed to raise Addison's game and that's a large part of leadership. He's a great example of a player.

thekeg (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 17:49
As expected and a great choice based on performances last year. Hopefully the release of pressure and a full injury free pre season will also have a positive impact on Beaumont

Olyy (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 08:41
Very happy with that

clutch (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 11:17
I meant Jono Ross, not Ross Harrison by the way.

Crutch (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 16:24
I prefer my captain in the backs. The forwards will have a pack leader anyway with some rights to chat to the ref, so better to have another voice on the field too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net