rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Western Force no more
mattw7787 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 15:58
Given today's annoucement about the likely scrapping of Western Force, might this be an opportunity for Dimes to pick up a characteristic bargain. Any thoughts on players we'd like to pick up most? A big enforcing 2nd row like Adam Coleman perhaps?

Re: Western Force no more
Headington Shark (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 16:26
I'd be very surprised if Dimes hasn't been waiting to pounce on the carcass of either the Force or Rebels.

Force have been the superior team this year, but the quality of player is on par with the Rebels.

NorthernMaori (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 16:30
Poor decision by the ARU to ax the Force when the franchise clearly has a firm foothold in the market and maintains Australia's national footprint of the game. Although it would be nice to sign some of the players i.e. Adam Coleman, Isi Naisarani, Richard Hardwick realistically they will either be transferred to other franchises or are not significant enough upgrades on what we currently have. I think we would do better to look at the Mitre 10 Cup and pick up a player either on the fringes of a Super Rugby franchise or someone who is playing for their next contract and will stay long term.

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 06:51
There was never any real doubt that it would be the Force that were axed, surprised though that the Force didn't follow the Rebels tactic, selling to private ownership to ensure that they could not be forced out so easily. To be fair there is precious little interest in Union over here, even internationals are poorly attended. This will be the death knell.

The better players are all contracted to ARU anyway, not the Force.

There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - R.I.P. Dickie Jeeps 25/11/1931 - 08/10/2016

Headington Shark (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 07:26
The Force did start a share buying scheme (fully refundable) in a company which was going to buy the SR license for the Force.

This whole thing is so much harder given the immense work the Force have done and off the pitch this season to prove themselves.

In some ways it's too little too late and proves why you need relegation to make a league competitive. Only when faced with an existential threat do organisations get their @#$%& together.

On the other hand the Rebels have been even more dire in every facet other than legal threats.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Sale Sharks Poll

Who is the EP legends Openside Flanker?

See results > Submit >>