rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

SALE SHARKS FANTASY RUGBY 2017-18
MGS Shark (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 20:21
Good Evening lady and gentle Sharks.

Fantasy rugby returns for the new season. If you're interested in joining, read on.

Please PM me your teams.

I'm doing things a bit differently this year behind the scenes. Hopefully, if the technology allows, all updates SHOULD be taken care of online, and reasonably quickly! I'll post a link after the first game of the season.

SALE SHARKS FANTASY RUGBY 2017-18: RULES

1. THE TEAM

Pick 15 players from the list below.

Your 15 must comprise...
Forwards: 2 props, 1 hooker, 2 second row, 3 Back Row
Backs: 1 scrum half, 1 fly half, 2 centres, 2 wings, 1 full back.

You can enter a XV at any point during the season* - but only one team per person. You can change your team as much as you like up to 3 p.m. on Saturday September 2nd 2017 , but will be allowed no substitutions once the season begins, until the 'transfer window'. If one of your XV is injured...tough!

The 'transfer window' will be after the middle round of European Fixtures. During this period, you may make up to 5 changes to your team. When the 'transfer window' closes, no more changes may be made for the remainder of the season.

Remember to give your team a name.

* Team must be selected before the kick off of the next match to be played in order to qualify for points from that match.

2. POINTS

Any points scored by your players, in all Sale Sharks competitive matches (Aviva Premiership, Anglo-Welsh Cup, European Cup, Play-offs/GP Finals) will count towards their total - appearances for any other team (Jets, Internationals, Baa Baas, etc) will not count.

Players who play a full 80 minutes: 7 POINTS
Players who start the match but are substituted at any time during the game: 4 POINTS*
Players who come on as a replacement at any point**: 3 POINTS
Player selected on bench, but does not play (excluding blood bins/HIA): 1 POINT
Blood bin/HIA replacement: 1 POINT per interchange***

Yellow card: LOSE 5 POINTS
Two yellows and/or red: LOSE 10 POINTS
Blood bin/HIA: LOSE 1 POINT each time a player leaves the fray.

** A player 'forced' to leave the pitch temporarily due to another player's sin bin (e.g. a backrow forward leaves because a prop has to come on for scrums) will not lose points as a result.

Official 'Man of the Match' (if named in the Official site's match report): 10 POINTS

If a player is selected in a position other than his 'listed' position below (e.g. if Eiffion plays wing or AJ MacGinty plays hooker) then his points still count.

*If a player subsequently returns to the action they will be awarded a total of 5 POINTS
** A player 'forced' to leave the pitch temporarily due to another player's sin bin (e.g. a backrow forward leaves because a prop has to come on for scrums) will not lose points as a result. The 'prop' who temporarily covers the sin-bin scrums will gain 1 POINT.
*** If a player comes on from the bench more than once during the game (e.g. first as a 'blood bin' then later as a replacement) they gain points for each appearance (e.g. 4 in total, for the example quoted).

3. THE PLAYERS

PROPS:
Halani 'Aulkia, Diogo Ferreira, James Flynn, Ross Harrison, Willgriff John, Eifion Lewis-Roberts, Ciaran Parker, Alexandru Taurus, Jake Pope

HOOKER:
Nick Dolly, Marc Jones, Cameron Neild, Rob Webber, Curtis Langdon

SECOND ROW:
Bryn Evans, George Nott, Andrei Ostrikov, Matt Postlethwaite

SECOND ROW/BACK ROW
Josh Beaumont

BACK ROW:
Ben Curry, Tom Curry, TJ Ioane, Sam Moore, Laurence Pearce, Jono Ross, David Seymour, Josh Strauss

SCRUM HALF:
Will Cliff, Faf De Klerk, Matt Sturgess

FLY HALF:
AJ MacGinty, James O'Connor

CENTRES:
Luke James, Sam James, Mark Jennings, Johnny Leota

WING/CENTRE:
Will Addison

WINGS:
Josh Charnley, Paolo Odogwu, Aaron Reed, Denny Solomona

WING/FULL BACK
Byron McGuigan

FULL BACK:
Mike Haley

The positions above are as players are listed on the official website, a number are noted as their position being "Back Row". Therefore the three positions are combined. A number of players are also listed as dual positions (e.g. Josh Beaumont is listed as a Lock/Back Row). These players are listed separately above, and may be selected in either position.

<edit> player name typo

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 20/08/2017 20:32 by MGS Shark.

Re: SALE SHARKS FANTASY RUGBY 2017-18
yukon (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 19:15
Bump

How's the uptake MGS?

yukon (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 19:15
Bump

How's the uptake MGS?

MGS Shark (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 19:25
As it stands, you are guaranteed a podium place Yukon....

Headington Shark (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 19:40
I'll enter. I was just biding my time to post a team till after the pre-season games so I don't pick injured players or the like.

yukon (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 20:06
Quote:
MGS Shark
As it stands, you are guaranteed a podium place Yukon....

Sad news indeed that a clueless oink such as myself might place!

PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 01:56
Given MGS' response, and the fact that I too have entered, given my previous record I would suggest that you are at least guaranteed Silver Yukon.

There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - R.I.P. Dickie Jeeps 25/11/1931 - 08/10/2016

MGS Shark (IP Logged)
29 August, 2017 17:46
Bump

Now up to a Magnificent Seven of entries

MGS Shark (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 18:55
Last bump before kick off tomorrow.

Now up to a tremendous ten.

Anyone who misses the deadline of kick off tomorrow CAN still enter, but points will only count from the next game.

MGS Shark (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 12:47
First game of the season saw a strong fantasy showing from several players - most notably AJ MacGinty, helped by 5/5 conversions.

Faith in AJ, gives his two backers - GoS & 2007dwain an early lead.

Hopefully this works(!), full results and tables here:

[docs.google.com]

MGS Shark (IP Logged)
09 September, 2017 06:38
Right, the less said about that, the better.

The AJ backers are steaming ahead in the early season.

[docs.google.com]

MGS Shark (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 21:30
2007dwain and GOS continue to build a lead by backing AJ's kicking. Strinesian leading the chasing pack.

[docs.google.com]

2007dwain (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 15:32
Bring it on GoS

MGS Shark (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 17:33
We have ties for 1st place, 3rd place AND 5th place!

[docs.google.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net