rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: It's Time to Move to a New Stadium
MikeGC (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 06:41
Quote:
ale shark
Quote:
MikeGC
When discussing these things why does nobody ever mention Sunday afternoon games.

Zero corporates on a Sunday. Saturdays maybe, Sundays they're not interested.

I'm sure that's why the franchise won't do it but it doesn't answer the "why don't the FANS discuss it ?" point

Tigger (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 07:57
Quote:
MikeGC
Quote:
ale shark
Quote:
MikeGC
When discussing these things why does nobody ever mention Sunday afternoon games.

Zero corporates on a Sunday. Saturdays maybe, Sundays they're not interested.

I'm sure that's why the franchise won't do it but it doesn't answer the "why don't the FANS discuss it ?" point

Iirc we did discuss it a lot as an option when we first moved to the AJ Bell...and it finished third in a poll. Main reason was family time I think...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 14:16
In the Telegraph article linked to the "Premiership Turnover etc."thread, a location just off a motorway and close to a major city is described as ideal.

I find that thought provoking, even though I regretted the move from EP ... for mostly selfish reasons I confess!

the snapper (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 16:15
I know hindsight is marvellous but if the money that Sale have now lost on ticket sales had been invested in EP then the stadium would have met everyone's expectations by now. Also the 4 or 5k spectators minus could have been 4 or 5k plus.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 16:32
phrased more constructively, the drip feed of losses from running a non owned stadium with infrastructure which will be no better than serviceable for several years hence, could be better spent as a lump sum on a location which micht be fully fit for purpose on day 1.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 04:10
The problem with harking back to the extra 4-5 thousand that we wouldn't have lost was that they had already gone.
I remember the last season at EP and the stands were empty
The 'official' figures included st holders who had given up going and who, in all probability, wouldn't have renewed wherever we were.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 10:17
Dismissing the official stats because they don't support your contention is the same tactic that Sean Spicer used about Trump's inauguration crowd, just in reverse, and just about as credible.

Clearly the attendances were significantly down from the full-houses of the seasons we were in contention for honours, but, unless I was hallucinating, "empty" is a gross overstatement. We'd be pretty pleased if we could get around 8000 now!

The idea that a large proportion of ST holders would desert en masse part way through a season seems far-fetched. I had one, as did the three friends I regularly attended with, and continued to attend even when the experience wasn't likely to be rewarding!

Rather than the location, it was the change of matchday that scuppered my attendance as I had family commitments on Saturdays. And since then of course I had to find other things to do Friday evenings!

james46 (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 10:22
Any new stadium needs to be in South Manchester / Cheshire boarder, with lots of parking and near a train station.

It is death by a thousand cuts at the AJ Bell.

26 September, 2017 11:01
The last seasons at EP were disappointing because of KJ & then Brewer. The loss of CH was highly significant - as is the loss of Chips now.

EP was good at attracting walk-ups but not corporates. Hardly any walk-ups come to the AJB - the bums on seats there are only ST holders & corporates.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

emerging shark (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 16:12
I find my self agreeing with Mts T..(Sm143)

26 September, 2017 16:33
Resign!

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net