rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

So what's next
Fistral (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 19:55
After being a reader and active viewer for 8 years this is my first post. So apologies if it's incorrect or against your views but they are mine and you cannot disagree with that! So what's next, so far Newcastle we looked adventurous but didn't quite get it together. Irish first game in ages that I relaxed in second half hope for more of that last time I did that chabal was our 8.
So what do I like, look forward to in next matches ,
tent outside and real ale, grass we didn't have that at EP , also good view, TV screen, adequate toilets, and nice chips and coffee at the chippy area where I go in .
To the team like, no really like the backs and our potential , also thought forwards with Bryn and josh looked dangerous with more work I think both backs and forwards could flourish. Also at Irish as we clapped the subs off they clapped and recognised us that I liked most of all . So i'm looking forward to next game and hope we clap every player off the pitch . That's the recipe to increasing crowds performance on the pitch .

Re: So what's next
PoyntonShark (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 02:29
Welcome Fistral.

despite how it may appear around here sometimes, it's not really possible to incorrect without resorting to personal abuse or being deliberately offensive.Pay no heed to the topic police.

I agree that our current squad has major potential. Our first XV only a few key signings away from contesting against the best, though don't think our squad can achieve the depth required to maintain a challenge whilst so small.

Please keep posting and don't let anyone make you apologise for your opinion. Some of them on here bark a lot, but none of us have any real bite (cap'n major bloodnock - ADMIN, excepted), most of them lost their teeth years ago. Actually I expect the major lost his teeth years ago too, that's why he wields a hammer.

There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." - R.I.P. Dickie Jeeps 25/11/1931 - 08/10/2016

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 05:15
I think everyone who spends the time on here loves the club however much they moan (me included).

2007dwain (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 08:53
Passion can sometimes come out as anger. There are a lot of passionate people on here

HaleShark (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 09:41
Welcome Fistral,

The team are certainly not performing to their potential, We do have some very good players. I'm not so sure we have the right number 10 but O'Connor's arrival might change that.

Matches at home to teams like Gloucester become essential wins due to our inability to get any points away from home.

I used to love the club, now I like it.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 12:36
Signing Adam Coleman, Wallaby 2nd row currently out of contract with the Western Force?

Tigger (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 13:08
Quote:
Fistral
After being a reader and active viewer for 8 years this is my first post. So apologies if it's incorrect or against your views but they are mine and you cannot disagree with that! So what's next, so far Newcastle we looked adventurous but didn't quite get it together. Irish first game in ages that I relaxed in second half hope for more of that last time I did that chabal was our 8.
So what do I like, look forward to in next matches ,
tent outside and real ale, grass we didn't have that at EP , also good view, TV screen, adequate toilets, and nice chips and coffee at the chippy area where I go in .
To the team like, no really like the backs and our potential , also thought forwards with Bryn and josh looked dangerous with more work I think both backs and forwards could flourish. Also at Irish as we clapped the subs off they clapped and recognised us that I liked most of all . So i'm looking forward to next game and hope we clap every player off the pitch . That's the recipe to increasing crowds performance on the pitch .

Welcome Fistral.....firstly...Do you have a connection with Cornwall/surfing/excellent seafood?

All opinions are welcome. Positive and negative. As for keeping on topic...threads will meander but let's try and keep the topics to one or two...

The moderators are here for your safety and convenience....honestly. ADMIN on the other hand scares the bejesus out of us all...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 15:09
Quote:
MartWhit
Signing Adam Coleman, Wallaby 2nd row currently out of contract with the Western Force?

Would be great if we could get him, but looks like there's a lot of competition for his signature.

2007dwain (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 15:26
Be great if we could get Coleman

MartWhit (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 15:34
We have more chance of getting Coleman than Sonny Bill surely?

And in Dimes own words we made an enquiry for Sonny Bill. So, competition or not, if we felt we could credibly contend for Sonny Bill, we can credibly contend for a young Aussie who is out of contract and in a position of great need for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2017 15:35 by MartWhit.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 15:54
Coming back to Halesharks point on liking the club as opposed to loving it:

Sale marketing team covering itself in the proverbial again.

For the second time this week, I've clicked on a link in an official twitter post hoping to read an story of great interest. Twice I have found the link to be broken. The link for the Jets game remains broken 3 days after it was posted despite me pointing it out to them. The interview with Byron seems to have been taken down following my highlighting of it.

Coming after the story where Dimes basically said many of his squad in previous years were too rubbish to allow him to drop out of form players, and interview which purported to contain AJ's thoughts on playing for the US but instead contained some thoughts on how the wind affects kicking at the AJB and his preview of the Wasps match played 3 weeks earlier, I'm left pretty unimpressed.

Its this frankly amateurish public face that is persistently worn by the club that makes them so hard to warm to.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 16:51
I think Sam Diamond looks after social media now after the departure of Stephen Thomas (who seemed to do a great job imo)

27 September, 2017 17:47
We miss Neil Leigh for reliable info.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

jamestaylorreturns (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 11:28
sam..son of steve??

28 September, 2017 12:14
Yup

MartWhit (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 12:23
just the customary single spelling error in this weeks team announcement story.

shaftesbury shark (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 12:40
Quote:

Innside centre?

buelligansmate (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 12:42
Quote:
MartWhit

Missing capital letter and apostrophe?

MartWhit (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 12:45
No. I'm now assuming they're keeping it as a pun, although I dont believe it was initially used that way. Intentional humour not being their forte.

Rather: "Gloucester have beaten us up here the last could of times they have visited the AJ Bell"

28 September, 2017 12:56
Innside are one of Sale's sponsors, I think it could have been deliberate?

Agree, standard of copy is generally poor. Not such a good reflection on the club.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 13:12
I realise that Shaftesbury.

If it was deliberate it would be the first and only attempt at such humour or promotion. Jennings is also not sponsored by them. And the club has made no effort to link the joke to the sponsor in any other way. Hence my conclusion that it was initially done in error. I'm pretty sure they now know of the issue, but are running with the 'deliberate sponsor plug' line.

I could be wrong, but the generally poor standard of copy gives me a fair degree of comfort.

28 September, 2017 13:12
tsk - it should be "could have"

28 September, 2017 13:22
Mart, you're probably correct. Shame we have so little faith in the club to make these little puns. I thought it was a nice idea...

MartWhit (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 13:32
it could be a good idea. It all comes down to credibility.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 17:24
Sadly proof-reading seems to be well on its way to joining the ranks of extinct occupations. What possible need could anyone have for a proof-reader when they have a spellchecker?

Pair that with speech-to-text software, developed in the US, and the possibilities are endless.

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a quay and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its really ever wrong.

Iran this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/09/2017 17:27 by ageinghoody.

iBozz (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 08:30
Quote:
M5 Shark
I think Sam Diamond looks after social media now after the departure of Stephen Thomas (who seemed to do a great job imo)

This past few weeks John Everton has returned to the Sale fold and taken up the reins of reporting on the Jets (and possibly on other matters as well, I just don't know what his full remit is to be) so there should be an improvement in coverage of the non-senior side of the Club.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 08:39
And I've enjoyed what he's done so far. His style on camera is very approachable.

29 September, 2017 08:52
JE has always did a decent job before the falling out and has some knowledge of the old days at HR.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net