rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Quins away Fri 6th Oct
Bull Shark (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 10:53
Recommended tickets for Sale fans are in North Stand Block GB (behind the posts covered).

North Sea Shark, Mrs North Sea Shark and I are in North, Block GB, Row C, Seats 43-45

No funbus so make your own way. Football fans might wish to consider the England v Slovenia World Cup Qualifier at Wembley on Thurs 5th Oct. I'll be going to that as well.

Suggest meeting up at The Prince Blucher on Twickenham Green [www.princeblucher.co.uk]
which is a 15 minute walk from the train station. I intend to be there from mid afternoon.

From there its a 2 minute walk to the micro brewary [twickenham-fine-ales.co.uk]
which is open from 6pm on a Quins evening match day.

The Stoop is 10 minutes walk from there using a footpath which goes under the railway tracks.

Hope to see a few Sale fans.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/09/2017 11:21 by Bull Shark.

Re: Quins away Fri 6th Oct
buelligansmate (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 16:20
I'll be thete. Just checking with London son how mamy tickets he and his mates want.

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 09:03
Anyone else going?

sweeney21 (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 09:39
Few of us coming down Friday afternoon, See you at the pub...

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 09:53
10 of us attending - somewhere at the front of GB stand and planning a curry afters in Twickers!

Stoopendous (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 12:39
Just to say - personal taste I know - but to my mind The Sussesx Arms just opposite The Blucher is a far superior pub...especially if you are a beer lover. The Sussex will have c 10 draft cask ales and c 5 draft ciders plus a raft of, so-called, craft ales on the pump and countless bottles of the good stuff. The Sussex is a real rugby game day pub and the brewery you mention is fabulous too and cheap as chips for great beer.

Bull Shark (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 14:11
Quote:
Stoopendous
Just to say - personal taste I know - but to my mind The Sussesx Arms just opposite The Blucher is a far superior pub...especially if you are a beer lover. The Sussex will have c 10 draft cask ales and c 5 draft ciders plus a raft of, so-called, craft ales on the pump and countless bottles of the good stuff. The Sussex is a real rugby game day pub and the brewery you mention is fabulous too and cheap as chips for great beer.

Shame on you Stoopendous... you've just forced a 3rd drinking establishment on me. Could be a long day!!!

Centenary Shark (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 15:45
Got to agree with Stoopendous about The Blucher but always found The Sussex to have a strange chemical whiff about it. The Riflemen, although a bit further away is worth the walk in my opinion. Looks like your day might just have got longer BS. Good quality curry at Sheesh Mahal and a newish South Indian called Kochi for something a bit different to the norm.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 07:25
For those that can't get away, the match is on BT Sport

emerging shark (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 16:53
cheap as chips for great beer. In London! (Sm22)

SiBolton (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 19:06
Naz balti in Church street is a good Ruby,

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 23:33
The Blucher is expensive as well. The Sussex is a much better option all round.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net