rugbyunion
Latest News:

Opinions expressed on this message board are solely those of the individual author. No endorsement of such opinions by the editors, Sportnetwork or Sale Sharks can or should be inferred.

Zero coverage of Sale in MEN
JeffGrapes (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 10:45
Admittedly I'm not a frequent visitor to the Manchester Evening News website but just clicked on to see if there is a preview of the Gloucester game tonight and there appears to be no coverage of rugby whatsoever. Articles aplenty on football, MMA, Cricket, Boxing, Cycling, Basketball ....not a single link to anything rugby related or tonight's game

Anyone know if this is typical of the coverage Sale attract or have I just jumped the gun?

[www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk]

Re: Zero coverage of Sale in MEN
29 September, 2017 10:48
Neil Leigh (@salesharksMEN) left the MEN summer 2016 and now works for Man. City iirc.

We miss him very much for putting Sale Sharks in the local media both in print and on the radio.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8657/27965002623_47115a2ac7_t.jpg

MartWhit (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:46
well, its gameday, and we havent had a post for 1hr 10mins.

Either the lack of media coverage is really biting, or folks are really expecting some bad traffic and have set off for the stadium already.

ale shark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 13:04
Welcome back Jeff

MEN on-line is click-bait dribble. Iíve just changed 3 nappies in less than 5 minutes and there was more substantial content in those.

The only Sale Sharks articles for the whole of 2017 on-line are either about mattresses, Dave Seymour plugging his coffee or the Tom Arscott affair, oh, and Rob Webber vomiting on the M6. There's literally nothing else, nothing about FdK, JS or JO'C.

The basketball team gets more press attention.

In fairness the print edition used to sometimes have a bit in it but I only look at that whilst waiting for a takeaway and it's normally a month old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2017 13:05 by ale shark.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 13:19
People accuse this board and it's contributors as negative and constantly snipping at the club but it's hardly surprising on issues such as this. If you go on the M.E.N. website the drop-down box for sport doesn't even have a sub-header for Rugby Union (or League) let alone Sale Sharks, but does have 'other sport, fantasy football and basketball. I find this bizarre and you have to (again) bring into question the clubs strategy raising their profile locally. I'm sorry to say this but it really does need a fresh set of eyes on it.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 13:51
We all know and wish that Sale's marketing was better however in this case do you think it's possible that until access to the stadium is sorted they might as well not bother at all.

Worse thing to do was, for once, put money into the marketing effort (including radio, local newspapers etc.,) for people to turn up and experience all the complaints we see here and then never come again - or get the access sorted then start the marketing in a professional manner.

In saying that having links not working on websites, spelling mistakes etc, doesn't give a good impression

JeffGrapes (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 13:54
Gloucestershire Live putting the MEN to shame

[www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk]

Are basketball and speedway really more popular and high-profile sports in Greater Manchester? Seems a huge opportunity is being missed here - can Swanny advise on it?

ale shark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 14:02
You're right Surbiton but we're talking about basic game coverage, not marketing. If you went on-line today you wouldn't even know there is a game on or get any of this seasonís scores.

If you went on say the Northwich Guardian website they've got match reports and previews for two local rugby clubs as well as full fixture lists. It's totally nuts that the local top-flight professional franchise gets zero in the MEN.

The bridge will make zero difference. The club are dreaming if they think thatís going to be the answer to all their woes. Salford fans donít even bother coming from Salford.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 14:37
I'm sure (I hope !) Surbiton that the club is holding off on any big marketing push until the surrounding road infrastructure is sorted. However the total absence of even any club news is just odd. There is a small article in the Sale & Altrincham Messenger but that's hardly worth bothering with considering the paper is a shadow of it's former self.

Surbiton Shark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 14:43
Out of interest

On the Sale Fans facebook page a chap has posted a nice article and stated he was late with his M.E.N. article and he attends the Sale press days most days and he welcomed for anyone with questions about Sale to ask him when he attends the press days

Article is quite nice - a bit about Mark Jennings recent good form, a bit about our lack of cover at fly half and playing Faf out of his normal position on Saturday, little bit about Sonny Bill and a preview of the Gloucs game. The author made a point several times that the club seem have "battened down hatches" with Steve Diamond not being available for comment on various subjects.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 15:24
I certainly isnt a 'strategy' to wait for the stadium infrastructure to improve, then BOOM, start looking for publicity. Relationships need to be built, audiences pitched to, content adjusted accordingly, and maybe, eventually, you end up with decent coverage which is read by a decent swathe of people.

29 September, 2017 15:51
Swanny is a big Chorley FC, RL, cricket, and speedway fan.

SwannyMediaMan (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 16:45
Trinity Media who own MEN haven't replaced Neil so we send press releases to them. They also cut back on staff looking after online matters.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 17:21
Point noted Swanny, it would be a good idea if supporters emailed the M.E.N. to complain about the complete lack of coverage.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 17:34
Perhaps we should swamp the MEN twitter portal with requests for coverage

29 September, 2017 17:38
Be my guest.....

Dukky (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 19:32
May I suggest Mr Swanton stops sending press releases to people who aren't going to read them. It must be so demoralising being totally ignored year after year. And if anyone should know that feeling, it's us Sale fans! Right kids?

MartWhit (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 20:40
I see the situation is t easy. But we seem to accept the status quo rather than do something about it. The club simply has to develop the local clout and influence to make sure local journalists give the team the exposure it needs. If it can't it needs different people who can.

29 September, 2017 20:58
Problem is there are no local journalists left! We get more than our fair share of national coverage but locally its very Man u and Man City related. Rugby League coverage is not good either.
I have sat down with the editor and sports editor and discussed it and they have said they will print our press releases in the actual paper but the online and social media is totally football.

29 September, 2017 22:32
Nowt on BBC NW News either.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 23:05
Well, we should all have a concerted effort to contact the M.E.N. about the lack of web based coverage. No harm in trying.

29 September, 2017 23:42
Good stuff let me know how you go on.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 23:55
Swanny - Is Peter Spencer still involved with MEN Media?

30 September, 2017 00:00
No he works for Fred Done. The sports dept has been decimated sadly.

Grumpy Old Shark (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 00:18
FWIW - saw a copy of today's MEN in the chippy on the way home

There was a preview of this evening's match

30 September, 2017 00:24
We sent it with the team news

emerging shark (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 07:47
I think you will find that if we start getting results like last night the coverage will come...

ale shark (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 08:24
Excellent report in today's Guardian.

"Meanwhile Byron McGuigan scored a hat-trick as Sale ran in seven tries to thrash Gloucester 57-10 at the AJ Bell Stadium."

I would paraphrase it to keep the Major happy but you'd kind of lose the guts of it.

iBozz (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 08:42
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan
Good stuff let me know how you go on.

Are you able to give us a contact name and address, both email and snail mail, to whom we can send our views please, Swanny? Targeted contact to a key person/role would be more effective than a well meaning yet possibly scattergun approach.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 08:45
Quote:
ale shark
Excellent report in today's Guardian.
"Meanwhile Byron McGuigan scored a hat-trick as Sale ran in seven tries to thrash Gloucester 57-10 at the AJ Bell Stadium."

I would paraphrase it to keep the Major happy but you'd kind of lose the guts of it.
Isn't it nice when we score so many tries that The Guardian loses count?!

30 September, 2017 10:13

30 September, 2017 10:16
So that's a "no" then.

30 September, 2017 10:26
Don't like publicising individual emails on here, only my own. If you want a contact email me at dave.swanton@salesharks.com and will send you an address

iBozz (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 10:51
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan
Don't like publicising individual emails on here, only my own. If you want a contact email me at dave.swanton@salesharks.com and will send you an address

Fair point, Swanny, email on way.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

Dukky (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 17:20
And so the issue is deftly side-stepped and as the thread dies the fans are reminded once again of the high esteem in which they are held.

Congratulations to all concerned, and farewell, until the next time. You crazy kids.

30 September, 2017 18:48
Really? What was the point of that? Bye bye.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/101/101_0_1475852289.jpghttp://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/1011155763860.jpg
Somewhere in the South Stand

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 19:16
[email][/email]Personally, I couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge it with a response Major?

I notice he used the same, for want of a better term, joke, in two different threads over the past couple of days.

I'll refer to Robert Heinlein on " The Geometrical Regression of Humour", viz. use a joke once, you're a wit. Use it twice, you're a halfwit.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 20:34
I think this is a hugely important issue and would implore people to make their feelings known to the M.E.N. that as fans and readers on the M.E.N. on-line we are unhappy with the zero coverage of our team.

For those people who don't post on this board, but are regular readers of the threads, please take a moment of your time to help out.

30 September, 2017 21:28
So far only ibozz has requested a contact which will be sent on Monday. Any more???

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 21:55
For "minor" sports news stories, there often seems to be an advert within the same publication/website

Ie: A news story about SS thrashing Gloucester, is shortly following by a (paid) advert for the Toulouse match

01 October, 2017 07:41
Advertorials are expensive and the ROI ( return on investment) has never been good. Another long standing MEN sports journo left on Friday so the MEN will be relying more on our press releases. The printed paper industry is dying on its backside sadly.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 08:33
Yep, i agree the printed paper is dying and paid targeted web marketing is more popular.

01 October, 2017 08:36
Saturdays Daily Express didn't even list us in the results column!

ale shark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 09:41
Quote:
emerging shark
Saturdays Daily Express didn't even list us in the results column!

Probably a 10pm deadline. Did they show the 7:45 KO results?

iBozz (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 10:17
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan
Advertorials are expensive and the ROI ( return on investment) has never been good.

Whether it is a gut feeling or based on clinically controlled scientific experiments under laboratory conditions vetted by a peer review I know not, Swanny, but our revered Theatre Manager opines that The Great Unwashed need to see an advertisement four times before there is any return.

The first time they notice but do not see the advert. The second they see it. The third they think "I've seen that before" and the fourth time they will stop to see what it says. Whether they then take any notice of it is another matter entirely.

Quote:
John Wanamaker (July 11, 1838 Ė December 12, 1922): Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half

01 October, 2017 10:33
40+ posts over 1200 views and you are the only one who has emailed me for an MEN contact iBozz!Wonder what Johnny Wanamaker would have made of that?

FarnhamShark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 10:41
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan
40+ posts over 1200 views and you are the only one who has emailed me for an MEN contact iBozz!Wonder what Johnny Wanamaker would have made of that?

I've just gone online, found the e-mail address for the news desk, and e-mailed them. Easy enough, but perhaps it won't reach the right people. At least I've tried!

muddydwarf (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 12:24
Not just the MEN. BBC Northwest had nothing about Sale in their sports round up yesterday evening (Saturday) and if they ever do they use an old stock pic it's of a Leicester player!
Given the above point that print media is on its knees maybe a better return on energy/time would be to focus on improving our profile on the TV?

01 October, 2017 12:35
Agreed - tv is the medium - plus local radio.

01 October, 2017 12:37
Our best return on tv is currently with Granada but BBC have been down to Carrington a couple of times this season. Sky have stopped covering prem clubs. BT were down the other week shead of the Irish game.
We communicate with all tv stations weekly.

01 October, 2017 12:40
Nathan Middleton was a big loss on BBC Manchester. They have started attending press days again. The listening figs on RU extra werent brilliant so thats probably why it was scrapped

01 October, 2017 12:54
One advantage of email is that you can be both direct and 'scattergun' at the same time. Just send one email and bcc everyone in.

sport@men-news.co.uk
viewpoints@men-news.co.uk
newsdesk@men-news.co.uk
communities@menmedia.co.uk
website@men-news.co.uk

You could also add the Editor, rob.irvine@men-news.co.uk

All these email addresses are openly listed, I assume the one Swanny has is not.

I've just emailed the lot.

01 October, 2017 12:54
Why just the BBC and why just match commentary? There are lots of local radio stations to broadcast adverts for coming games. Radio commentary listening may actually reduce walk-ups sold. Much better to get pre-match ads & other coverage out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 13:12 by Mrs Trellis of North Wales.

01 October, 2017 13:01
Because BBC Manchester has good RAJAR figs and is well listened to. Yes there are plenty of Radio stations who sell advertising but its about ROI. Would be interested to find out what commercial stations you good people listen to.

01 October, 2017 13:14
I travel to and from the airport most months and the cab drivers always have a local station on and i've heard promos for football & RL sides (yes the co-tenants) but never for SS.

01 October, 2017 13:19
The station that advertises Reds games approached us. The ROI Reds have got on spending £££s is a clear indication on finding the right medium

01 October, 2017 14:59
Express -Probably a 10pm deadline. Did they show the 7:45 KO results
No to the second part and our match finished at 9.50pm.... mobile phones etc....

iBozz (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 15:28
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan
Would be interested to find out what commercial stations you good people listen to.

The only commercial UK radio stations to which I listen are Gold Manchester (DAB only), Classic FM and, very occasionally when they are playing "oldies", Pure 107.8 FM

I have no TV.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 16:34
Quote:
Strinesian Saleanian
One advantage of email is that you can be both direct and 'scattergun' at the same time. Just send one email and bcc everyone in.
sport@men-news.co.uk
viewpoints@men-news.co.uk
newsdesk@men-news.co.uk
communities@menmedia.co.uk
website@men-news.co.uk

You could also add the Editor, rob.irvine@men-news.co.uk

All these email addresses are openly listed, I assume the one Swanny has is not.

I've just emailed the lot.

Good post, cheers.

When I listen to local radio stations it tends to be Key 103.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 16:40
Add to the email list

North West Tonight - nwt@bbc.co.uk

Granada reports - granada.reports@itv.com

LJK (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:45
Muddydwarf.... Last season I email corresponded with BBC Northwest sports office about the continued use of the kneeling player in what looked like a Leicester strip, and the reply was that they had no other picture to use. I think Swanny was copied in at the time but not sure where it went after that. They continued to use the same image and I decided it wasn't worth bothering again. Now it seems that the club is lucky if it even gets a verbal score reported.

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 19:46
A BBC Sport editor based at Salford Quays is Dan Roan. Not much written about RU but would be good to get him to a game? On twitter

01 October, 2017 19:56
Dan comes to games when his job allows. He lives locally

M5 Shark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 20:08
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan

I wonder if that is the same Fred Done who has been mentioned along with Ged Mason with regards local businessmen being lined up for a role with Salford Reds post-Koukash?

HaleShark (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 20:48
Emails sent to the M.E.N. BBC North West Tonight and Granada Reports. The email to Rob Irvine at the M.E.N. bounced back.

Will be interesting to see if I get any response.

If others do get any responses it would be worthwhile to note on this thread.

DaveAitch (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 02:06
Quote:
M5 Shark
Quote:
SwannyMediaMan

I wonder if that is the same Fred Done who has been mentioned along with Ged Mason with regards local businessmen being lined up for a role with Salford Reds post-Koukash?
If that happens, I wonder if he will change his name to Job Done.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 19:50
Well, we got approx. 20 seconds on the BBC Look NorthWest programme tonight, they showed D.S. 1st try. I guess that's a starting point! I wonder if any emails sent made an impact or they were going to show the item anyhow.

Nothing on Granada Reports.

No response as yet from the M.E.N.

I've emailed Paul Coates at Trinity Mirror Group.

LJK (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 20:02
I watched BBC NW Tonight in the hope that the fine result would get picked up by them.... as Hale says a few seconds only, but I live in hope that once the RL season is over that time for RU will increase. Tonight there was at least 3 or 4 minutes covering the drop of Leigh Centurions from Super league. Sad for their fans of course, but maybe from now SS will get some more time

HaleShark (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 20:26
Yes, I thought the same too LJK. To be fair Leigh RL deserved their slot and nice to see one of the smaller R.L. clubs getting a mention, all be it for sad reasons.

As you say once the R.L. season ends perhaps that may free up a little more space for Sale to get the odd mention.

02 October, 2017 21:14
BBC NW, Granada, Times, Telegraph, Express, Mail, Rugby Paper, MEN all attending press day tomorrow

jamestaylorreturns (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 09:54
across all those that posted here, there are various elements and one off comments that, if collected together, start to form a worthwhile multi platform comms strategy - made up of not theoretical points but practical elements that should form an ongoing, focussed targeted deliverable strategy

03 October, 2017 10:01
Quote:
jamestaylorreturns
across all those that posted here, there are various elements and one off comments that, if collected together, start to form a worthwhile multi platform comms strategy - made up of not theoretical points but practical elements that should form an ongoing, focussed targeted deliverable strategy

Brilliant! .... absolutely.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 10:20
Is the issue one of lack of ideas or strategy?
Or rather a lack of real influence to be able to see the strategy implemented?

Rather seems to me that Sharks voices are simply not heard/listened to.

Thats not to ascribe blame, either within the club or amongst the various media outlets who could give us the coverage we need. Its just to say that ideas are good, but we need to find new ways and channels of influence to effectively implement our ideas.

It may be that neither are to blame and there simply isnt sufficient audience to make it worthwhile. But if that is true then a different strategy is required to build the audience first.

03 October, 2017 10:31
Martwhit, the problem is the same as the attendance. Casual RU support is very diffuse in the catchment area. The dedicated RU fan knows what's on, what the results are, and what the access difficulties are. Some turn up anyway, some only because they've bought season tickets and some because they're on a free jolly. Others watch on media when available and I'd guess many of these are ex-fans who no longer bother to attend in person. They also know what's going on. The franchise's problem is attracting new fans in at the prices charged and the general matchday experience they get for the money at every game .

MartWhit (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 11:27
from a purely media perspective, are we reaching the casual fan at the moment?

Getting them to a game is only a 2nd stage after that.

03 October, 2017 11:37
Quote:
MartWhit
from a purely media perspective, are we reaching the casual fan at the moment?
Getting them to a game is only a 2nd stage after that.

It depends on the age group. I think there is much promotion on social media which older - dare I say traditional - RU casual fans tend not to view , instead they use the "older" media. The franchise's problem is that the older fans have more spending power in the age of austerity but are less keen to suffer the matchday experience on cold, wet, dark nights.

clutch (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 12:17
So the solution to get bigger gates is vote labour and play at day time!

jamestaylorreturns (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 15:08
love them or loath them- you have to admit Labour have latterly had a strategy that (in terms of measurement by % growth) is working and they are on an upward curve.

Same principle, obviously different execution, required by Sale!

And NB to answer one of above- this is needed to be implemented and executed by Sale senior management and support team; not left to be implemented by fans

ale shark (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 15:42
It's easy making up populist policies on the hoof knowing you'll never have to enact them. Unfortunately for Sale they have to play rugby at the AJB every other week.

03 October, 2017 16:07
Quote:
clutch
So the solution to get bigger gates is vote labour and play at day time!

No - the solution is to reduce ticket prices to £10/£5 and provide free shuttle buses from the TC, HR and EP.

They won't make a profit but there would be far more bums on seats.

HaleShark (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:09
I got a response from Paul Coates at the M.E.N. which I appreciated, see below. Please go and have a look at the M.E.N. on-line for Sale Sharks, it will help lift the 'hit' numbers and justify us being in the on-line edition of the paper.

Hi Simon, thanks for your email and the points raised.
You may be aware that Dave Swanton provides us with Sharks content which we do publish in print but it hasn't gone online as previous experience has shown there's not a huge digital audience for it.
But we're open to giving it another go. I've asked the print production team who deals with Dave's copy to publish previews and match reports online going forward. We can't restructure the site drop-downs but the content will be able to be found through a Google search.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Regards

Paul

Tigger (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:24
Quote:
HaleShark
I got a response from Paul Coates at the M.E.N. which I appreciated, see below. Please go and have a look at the M.E.N. on-line for Sale Sharks, it will help lift the 'hit' numbers and justify us being in the on-line edition of the paper.

You may be aware that Dave Swanton provides us with Sharks content which we do publish in print but it hasn't gone online as previous experience has shown there's not a huge digital audience for it.
But we're open to giving it another go. I've asked the print production team who deals with Dave's copy to publish previews and match reports online going forward. We can't restructure the site drop-downs but the content will be able to be found through a Google search.

Regards

Paul

Great to get a response and an explanation...I have asked the question whether it would be possible to put up a link to the MEN rugby section on the links section on the left hand side of the page to save us the effort of having to save it...winking smiley

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2017 09:25 by Tigger.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:34
Quote:
Tigger
Quote:
HaleShark

Regards

Paul

Great to get a response and an explanation...I have asked the question whether it would be possible to put up a link to the MEN rugby section on the links section on the left hand side of the page to save us the effort of having to save it...winking smiley

I suspect that many people use the mobile version of the forum as they access it via a phone or tablet, rather than a computer. In which case, the links section requires navigating to. Speaking personally, I simply go to the message board list and rarely visit the rest of the site so would probably miss a new MEN link, and certainly wouldn't make a regular point of navigating there to see if there was a new article posted. However, I notice on other club's boards, someone will start a new thread entitled 'This weeks (insert name of local paper)' or similar, with the first post being the link to the website. IMO this is probably the most productive way to send traffic to the MEN (though clearly having a separate link as well won't do any harm).

06 October, 2017 09:47
How about having a sticky thread titled "Sale Sharks in the online MEN"? (or something snappier)

MartWhit (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:49
in the end what will persuade MEN to update links/drop downs etc, is how many views and interactions the pages get.

Assuming the copy sent to the MEN is probably also used elsewhere, many of us may read it first somewhere more accessible.

Nonetheless, if you want to push this agenda, its work still navigating to the MEN page to make sure the viewing stats improve. If they are mighty keen they may also analyse how long you spend there and whether you access any further pages, especially advertisers sites, from it. Feel free to click a link in the page to boost those stats too.

Do it in enough numbers and for long enough any we might start to change hearts and minds.

06 October, 2017 09:51
Success on the field will change hearts and minds.

MartWhit (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:55
that too, but it doesnt mean we cant all do something in our own sphere as well. Positive feedback loops and all that.

Tigger (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:55
I have no problem putting up a bi-weekly thread on the message board but will only be posting the links not any of the text...we want posters to actually visit the site. That also means we don't want posters copying and pasting parts or all of the articles.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

06 October, 2017 09:59
Doesn't a hit from a link on here count the same as a hit from a browser?

MartWhit (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 10:00
mathermatically yes, but whether to MEN will value them the same is a different matter. They would like to see diversity in incoming sources.

06 October, 2017 11:00
How can you increase the number of hits when there's nothing to hit?

buelligansmate (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 04:14
Last season the Sharks articles were under the heading "Cricket" on the on line menu. No wonder they didn't get many hits

ale shark (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 10:29

MartWhit (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 11:22
excellent.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 11:53
That's really good news. In the light of earlier comments about getting as many views as possible, should this be a separate thread perhaps?

HaleShark (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:56
Excellent, this article put a smile on my face smiling smiley well done to to anyone who like myself took the time and trouble to contact Paul Coates or anyone else at the M.E.N./Trinity Mirror in an effort to get Sale in the on-line version of the paper.

Let's hope we can have a follow up story of how we beat Toulouse at the A.J.B.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net